Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The case against Hillary

The case against Hillary (Page 21)
Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 12, 2016, 04:37 PM

On the one hand its nice that he worries about the future we are heading towards. None of us want to see the spread of this entitled, safe space mentality any further than its already gotten. On the other, he seems to be rather obsessing over one or two things which haven't gotten that far yet when there are bigger problems to worry about like the 70m fascists who voted for Trump on Tuesday. What the hell do you even begin to do about that?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2016, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I think CTP's problem is that he has no concept of what is fringe and what is mainstream, and he calibrates using weird sources on the internet.
Yeah, the "fringe" is now wrecking every major city. Very fringe, not common at all.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2016, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
like the 70m fascists who voted for Trump on Tuesday.
Likely the most ignorant, vapid, willfully obtuse comment you've ever made, very impressive. Yeah, half of the USA's voting bloc is "fascist". Now you officially sound as bad as the Klan members who make general statements about blacks, jews, and muslims, congratulations your indoctrination is complete. Don't bother replying, I'm not going to bother reading your drivel for a while in the hope you'll eventually dig your head out of your rectum and see that nearly 50% of voters aren't the ****ing boogieman.

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 13, 2016, 07:00 AM

Or he's right in that the Hillary Supporters (Paid by Soros) are acting like a bunch of spoiled 7 year old girls. Their actions are also why they lost. Regular folks are tired of their shit. Afraid of words? Sounds just like the kind of ass that is too immature and emotional to keep a job. This is what you get with decades of liberal indoctrination.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2016, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Likely the most ignorant, vapid, willfully obtuse comment you've ever made, very impressive. Yeah, half of the USA's voting bloc is "fascist". Now you officially sound as bad as the Klan members who make general statements about blacks, jews, and muslims, congratulations your indoctrination is complete. Don't bother replying, I'm not going to bother reading your drivel for a while in the hope you'll eventually dig your head out of your rectum and see that nearly 50% of voters aren't the ****ing boogieman.
Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Or he's right in that the Hillary Supporters (Paid by Soros) are acting like a bunch of spoiled 7 year old girls. Their actions are also why they lost. Regular folks are tired of their shit. Afraid of words? Sounds just like the kind of ass that is too immature and emotional to keep a job. This is what you get with decades of liberal indoctrination.
It looks like these kids eight years on.
45/47

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2016, 04:27 PM

Furthermore: Hillary Voters Owe It To America To Stop Calling Everyone A Nazi.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 13, 2016, 06:23 PM

70m people voted for a leader who sold himself to them as a fascist. It may not be the top of their list, but their votes indicate they were ok with it. Thats close enough for me.

If they were the brave decent tough guy heroes that many of them so desperately want us to believe they are, they would be standing up against monsters like the one Trump purported to be. Failing that they could have abstained or voted 3rd party. 70m buckled from any and all principle and voted for a fascist. Luckily for all of us he was probably duping them for the most part.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2016, 07:43 PM

Then, the 70 million people that voted for Clinton were useful idiots voting for a communist apparatchik.
45/47

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 13, 2016, 08:36 PM

Clinton didn't threaten anybody's rights or disrespect entire groups based on gender, ethnicity or sexual preference.

But way to go with another brand new ludicrous allegation. Communist now too, marvellous.

The 70m who voted for her can easily justify it on the basis that she was the non-fascist candidate.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2016, 10:37 PM

You forgot at least a couple of groups. She told coal miners she was going to put the companies they worked for out of business. She also managed to disrespect people of faith, and it cost her.
( Last edited by Chongo; Nov 13, 2016 at 10:50 PM. )
45/47

OreoCookie
Nov 13, 2016, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
You forgot at least a couple of groups. She told coal miners she was going to put the companies they worked for out of business.
No, she didn't say she will put them out of business, but that coal is a dying branch of industry and instead proposed to invest into renewables so that miners get jobs in different industries. The biggest threat to coal in the US aren't renewables, but cheap natural gas — something that will get worse if President Trump lifts restrictions on fracking. I thought it was the honest thing to say, because it'd have been much more popular for her to just placate the miners with some vague declaration of support. Instead, Trump declared support for that industry, got elected, but won't be able to follow through with his promises (unless he wants to cut natural gas production — which would immediately anger other voters and politicians).
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2016, 11:35 PM

All they heard was they were going to be out of a job.
45/47

OreoCookie
Nov 14, 2016, 12:43 AM

All they heard was they were going to be out of a job.
Yes, I know, people sometimes don't want to hear the truth and would rather believe in a comforting lie. Long-term, would you rather be lied to or get told a bitter truth? Would you prefer a president who is able to make the hard choices for the good of the whole nation?

These coal miners don't want to hear that they are part of American industry that's dying — through no fault of either candidate. On a human level I empathize and I don't blame but. However, as I wrote previously, cheap natural gas is displacing coal, and also renewables are making inroads. Factually speaking, Hillary Clinton was right to give it to the miners straight and Trump made a promise he won't be able to keep. Sure, that got him votes, but at what price?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 14, 2016, 12:48 AM

Exactly, OreoCookie.

The same is true with bringing back jobs from China. Sure, it's possible, but at what cost to the economy when prices at Walmart and Target spike upwards?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2016, 01:09 AM

You do realize that fracking is how that cheap natural gas is obtained?
45/47

OreoCookie
Nov 14, 2016, 01:22 AM

You do realize that fracking is how that cheap natural gas is obtained?
Are you responding to my post?
In any case, precisely, that's exactly what I wrote: if President Trump lifts environmental restrictions on fracking, natural gas will be even cheaper (as the supply is larger) and coal will be less competitive, i. e. coal miners will lose their jobs faster, as would a push for regenerative energies we could have expected from a D-controlled White House.

But please, answer my question: Would you prefer the red pill or the blue pill, truth or fake bliss?

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 14, 2016, 05:45 AM

Except with these two parties the colours of the pills need to be reversed.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2016, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
Are you responding to my post?
In any case, precisely, that's exactly what I wrote: if President Trump lifts environmental restrictions on fracking, natural gas will be even cheaper (as the supply is larger) and coal will be less competitive, i. e. coal miners will lose their jobs faster, as would a push for regenerative energies we could have expected from a D-controlled White House.

But please, answer my question: Would you prefer the red pill or the blue pill, truth or fake bliss?
Neither, because she was offering an enema. Hillary wasn't talking about natural gas, unless you have redefined natural gas as a clean renewable energy. "We have to move away from coal, and all the other fossil fuels".

On a side note, Bubba put the largest reserve of low sulphur coal off limits when he established the Escalante Steps reserve, much to the benefit of one of their Indonesian donors, Mochtar Riady.
45/47

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2016, 10:07 AM

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 14, 2016, 10:22 AM

How many times do you have to be told that Infowars is NOT a credible source?! Its a journalistic laughing stock.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2016, 10:24 AM

Do not forget all the dead people that have voted. That alone accounts for the EC/popular vote split. There are several million early ballots left uncounted.
45/47

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2016, 01:53 PM

Liberal indoctrination, ignorance and stupidity:

Montgomery County Students Walk Out Over Presidential Election Results | NBC4 Washington

I guess not being OLD ENOUGH to vote didn't dawn on the little snowflakes?

andi*pandi
Nov 14, 2016, 02:14 PM

It's their future at stake.

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2016, 02:18 PM

Asses, just like their parents.

andi*pandi
Nov 14, 2016, 02:31 PM

Did they march on your lawn?

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2016, 02:36 PM

No. They are just displaying their ignorance of the real situation. That its a done deal.. Protests will get them nowhere. I guess lefties need to blow off steam by rioting? Another reason we don't need any.

andi*pandi
Nov 14, 2016, 02:49 PM

These kids were marching to protest vandalism. Are you in favor of vandalism?

Maryland high school students walk out of classes - The Boston Globe

The school is less than four miles from Episcopal Church of Our Saviour in Silver Spring, Md., where church officials said a banner advertising the Spanish-language service at the church was slashed Saturday night and the words ‘‘Trump nation. Whites only’’ were written on the back.

The same phrase was written on a brick wall in the memorial garden of the parish.
This is also very classy:
http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/poli...ng_Most_Viewed

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2016, 02:53 PM

Boston globe? Naaa. LOCAL news NBC is a better source

"Students from a Montgomery County, Maryland, high school walked out of classes early Monday morning to protest the presidential election results."

Nothing about protesting vandalism. Many of the kids have union gov't workers as parents. indoctrination. Maryland, California east.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2016, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
It's their future at stake.
Exactly, they need to get back in class and get an education, a privilege others all over the world will never have. That won't happen while they're sitting outside pretending to pout over an election they couldn't even vote in, hopefully they all received detention for ditching school and goofing off. Honestly, maybe 1 in 100 were actually protesting, likely less, the rest were simply trying to dodge class, "You mean if we go outside we can skip the test? Holy shit! I'm in."

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 14, 2016, 03:52 PM

privilege

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2016, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post

Might be the funniest gif i've seen this election season.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2016, 05:30 PM

That's because you hadn't seen this one.
Courtesy of the People's Cube
45/47

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 14, 2016, 06:35 PM

That's because you hadn't seen this one.
Courtesy of the People's Cube
Funnier without the text, but a good eye on whoever spotted it.

OreoCookie
Nov 14, 2016, 07:22 PM

Neither, because she was offering an enema. Hillary wasn't talking about natural gas, unless you have redefined natural gas as a clean renewable energy. "We have to move away from coal, and all the other fossil fuels".
You're trying very hard not to answer my question: I was just talking about the diagnosis, whether you support more natural gas or more renewables is different question. Trump wasn't replying in return that he supports natural gas instead, but knows that coal is a dead end.

This isn't an issue of policy positions but how you want political candidates to treat you. If you want better conservatives than Trump, you have to demand them. So again: would you prefer to be told the truth (about the diagnosis) or be fed a sweet lie?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2016, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
You're trying very hard not to answer my question: I was just talking about the diagnosis, whether you support more natural gas or more renewables is different question. Trump wasn't replying in return that he supports natural gas instead, but knows that coal is a dead end.

This isn't an issue of policy positions but how you want political candidates to treat you. If you want better conservatives than Trump, you have to demand them. So again: would you prefer to be told the truth (about the diagnosis) or be fed a sweet lie?
I work for a semiconductor company that was taken over last year, and that company has been taken over. Of course I would want the truth, but that is not what Hillary was talking about, and what the coal miners heard.

Coal is not going away anytime soon because ≈1/3 of the US electrical plants are coal powered. There are several here in Arizona alone.
45/47

OreoCookie
Nov 14, 2016, 09:46 PM

I work for a semiconductor company that was taken over last year, and that company has been taken over. Of course I would want the truth, but that is not what Hillary was talking about, and what the coal miners heard.
You are still trying to forcefully conflate the diagnosis with a proposed treatment plan in an attempt to stick it to Clinton. If Trump had answered “Yes, I think coal is on the decline because gas is cheaper (and I would like to increase natural gas production to make energy cheaper for all Americans).” instead, that would have been honest, too. I wouldn't have agreed with his plan, but I would have admitted that he had been honest about it. The coal miners I am sure wouldn't have cared whether coal will be displaced by renewables, natural gas or unicorns running on treadmills, all they heard was “I'm going to lose my job, and I don't know how to feed me and my family.” These are legitimate human concerns that politicians should have an answer for, but I don't think the second part of Clinton's answer made one bit of difference.

As long as we elect people who prefer to tell us sweet lies rather than cold truths, we only have ourselves to blame if politicians lie and break their campaign promises the day they are elected. You can't blame the politicians when they lie to you, if your own behavior makes honest politicians unelectable. This is the sole reason why I don't even want to be a politician. If you elected Trump for being the ultimate outsider, you should be angry that he surrounds himself with the who-was-who of the GOP from the Bush and Clinton era (e. g. Gingrich, Giuliani and Bolton), plus most of the GOP establishment (e. g. Priebus).
Coal is not going away anytime soon because ≈1/3 of the US electrical plants are coal powered. There are several here in Arizona alone.
Look, we'd just be arguing about what “any time soon” means. Coal is more expensive than other forms of energy production and creates more pollutants, that's a double whammy. If President Trump's policies lead to increased production of natural gas, the decline will accelerate.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2016, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Snow-i View Post

Might be the funniest gif i've seen this election season.
Yeah, Captain Memes strikes again. Lam becomes a little more lame with every passing day, this election helped him earn his "e", that's for sure. I wonder if he realizes that Ethan despises SJWs like him?

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 15, 2016, 11:58 AM

Once again you've run out of legitimate arguments and have been reduced to name-calling. Keep it up, you're doing great.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 15, 2016, 12:15 PM

Who's Ethan?

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Nov 15, 2016, 12:40 PM

I assume it's the guy in the gif I posted. He was making fun of people that use the word "privilege" and "triggered."

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2016, 06:00 PM

Once again you've run out of legitimate arguments and have been reduced to name-calling. Keep it up, you're doing great.
Yeah, I said you're lame for trying to use memes as your main form of communication. I stooped to your level for a bit, none of it was incorrect, though.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Nov 15, 2016, 06:39 PM

1. You still don't know what memes are, apparently.
2. Hahahaha, please find a time I've name-called. Keep in mind that it's a daily thing for you.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2016, 07:05 PM

1. You still don't know what memes are, apparently.

2. Hahahaha, please find a time I've name-called. Keep in mind that it's a daily thing for you.
Ugh, if that means I'll need to wade through your perpetually dark sarcasm and self-righteousness, no thanks. Direct me to the daily name-calling, first I've heard of it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules