Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iCal - initial setting up of event

iCal - initial setting up of event
Eden Aurora
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 26, 2011, 03:24 PM

Using iCal on the computer, when i double click on today's date to create a new iCal event, i am allowed to enter the name of the event and it defaults to an "all day" event. If i want to change the time to lets say "9am" i have to click on edit.

I use to be able to set the time when i set up the initial iCal event. I don't like having to click edit first.
anyone know how to change iCal so i can create the name and time at the same time?

How do i change the default 'starting time' or get it so it doesn't default to 'all day event'.
I eat turtle soup for breakfast

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jul 26, 2011, 06:54 PM

Is this in Lion?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Eden Aurora  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 26, 2011, 09:42 PM

Yes, in Lion.

Simple put, when i double click on a day (looking in Month view) it allows me to create the name for the appointment, but it doesn't show me the time options (unless i again double click on the event).
I eat turtle soup for breakfast

ZakGottlieb
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 30, 2011, 02:22 PM

I'm having the same issue. I don't think there's a workaround per se, although Lion allows you to directly enter the time of an event and it will store it in the appropriate position in iCal, E.g. Double-click to add a new event and type "Meeting at 9pm." This will remove the all-day event status and put the event in at 9pm on that day. Hope this helps.

Forum Links
Forum Rules