Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Does anybody here use SuperCal?

Does anybody here use SuperCal?
Ruahrc
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 18, 2004, 11:52 PM

It's a great donationware program that properly calibrates your display for accurate color rendition. More powerful than apple's default screen calibrator.

Anyways my question is that now that I have set up a profile, I have trouble keeping it as my default profile. Most of the time it will be ok, but if I for example plug my PB into an external display, the color profile changes back to the apple default. I need to open sysprefs and change it back.

This also happens (seemingly randomly) when I do other actions like play a game or put my PB to sleep, etc.

Is there something that I am missing, or is this a bug that you guys have noticed too?

Ruahrc

Mike S.
Senior User
Nov 19, 2004, 12:40 AM

Originally posted by Ruahrc:
Anyways my question is that now that I have set up a profile, I have trouble keeping it as my default profile.

Ruahrc
Is it set as your default profile in ColorSync Utility in the Utilities folder?

Ruahrc  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 23, 2004, 03:24 AM

Went to the ColorSync Utility and went to the preferences button.

Selected the SuperCal profile to be the default RGB profile.

Did not appear to fix the problem. When I plugged my external display in again, it reverted back to the default Color LCD.

I am not familiar with the Colorsync Utility, was that the correct procedure to set the color profile to be the default one? (going to the prefs button and setting the RGB default)

Ruahrc

Forum Links
Forum Rules