Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.2 & Soundcards

10.2 & Soundcards
mikesch1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2002, 02:14 PM

Hey,

I installed 6c115 about a week ago, and have had no, major problems with it. Except for one thing that is.

When I bought my G4, I also bought a M-Audio Audiophile 2496, so that I could hook my G4 into my Denon Receiver using one of it's digital inputs.

This worked flawlessly with both OS 9.2.2 and every version of OS X up through OS X 10.1.5.

I kind of excepted the OS X Delta drivers to stop function with 10.2, because it is such a massive upgrade.

I emailed M-Audio four days ago asking for a beta driver that would at least allow basic playback through S/PDIF and I have yet to receive a response.

So I come here to ask if any other 10.2 users have somehow managed to get the Audiophile (or any) M-Audio sound card functioning. Thanks in advance.

As cute as the built in speaker is, I'm quickly growing sick of it.

Mike

3R1C
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 9, 2002, 03:27 PM

same issue here.
M- Audio Delta DIO 2496
3R1C

macman76
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2002, 04:07 PM

They emailed me back saying drivers will be released as well as a new custom DVD player "soon." Their DVDPlayer will be needed for DD/DTS out.

I'm going to pick up a USB Sonica this afternoon to see if it works with Jaguar already.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 9, 2002, 04:27 PM

I've got a Delta 44 card, so I was wondering the same thing. M Audio has actually been pretty quick with the drivers, so far-- it seems like they had a driver out already when I bought 10.1 on the day it came out. I suspect it really won't be too long.

CV

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

GnOm
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 9, 2002, 04:28 PM

Originally posted by mikesch1:
6c115...M-Audio Audiophile 2496...drivers

the 1.0.1d4beta driver worked with Jag but had some flaws, 1.0.1d5 is out, though the website (at least the german one) still has the old description. You may want to try those.

bye.

mikesch1  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2002, 07:41 PM

Thanks everybody,

I just found and downloaded 1.0.1d5 from the m-audio german website, I'll see how it works....if it just gives me basic playback through the S/PDIF, I'll be pleased.

I guess when they posted official drivers to the US website along with there custom DVD Player, I'll just download and install that. But this shop make for a decent stop gap measure.

Thanks. Feel free to let us know how that USB Sonica works. I've heard you don't need drivers with OS X for the external FW/USB Audio boxes, but I've also steered clear of them because they always seem to stutter under heavy CPU load, but I would be interested in your impressions of it.

The box drew a large crowd at macworld.

I'm off to try those drivers.

1.0.1d5

Mike

macman76
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2002, 11:40 PM

Thanks for the German site reference. The new d5 drivers work just fine in Jaguar for my Audiophile 2496.

The Sonica works in Jaguar as well and can coexist with the Audiophile without any issues. I bought it mainly because my PC's Zoltrix card has voltage issues that is causing a major hum if the CPU runs at the normal 133MHz FSB. Looks like a switchable USB solution will work fine.

The problem is that OS X still sends all the audio signals to the output unless the app directs otherwise. We will need a different DVD player or be stuck with DPLII. The one demoed by M-Audio does not have this problem and hopefully will be released soon as they stated in their email to me.

macaddled
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 23, 2002, 09:00 AM

Originally posted by chris v:
I've got a Delta 44 card, so I was wondering the same thing. M Audio has actually been pretty quick with the drivers, so far-- it seems like they had a driver out already when I bought 10.1 on the day it came out. I suspect it really won't be too long.

CV
Chris, I have a delta 44 -- I went back to the original delta driver release, d3, not the multicard one. That has worked...

Forum Links
Forum Rules