Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > ReConfirmation: 6C115 is Jaguar FINAL, according to BareFeats

ReConfirmation: 6C115 is Jaguar FINAL, according to BareFeats
milhous
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2002, 02:43 AM

I don't know if this has been covered, but I know that there are some of you who still don't believe that 6C115 is the GM for Jaguar. I am telling you now that it is. I've been corresponding with Rob, the person who performed the benhmarks on the new G4 towers and I asked him to check the build number of Jaguar that came shipped with the system. For the record, Jag is 6C115, no if, ands or buts.

First response from Rob:

My question for you is, with still some controversy surrounding the official build build number of OS X 10.2, could you please tell me what the build number of 10.2 is that's on these new machines?

I'll find out and let you know.

Second Response from Rob:

could you please tell me what the build number of 10.2 is that's on these new machines?

Build 6C115

Hopefully this will settle the debate finally. Unless some of you think that he's lying, which I don't think he'd have any intention to do so.
F = ma

Leia Shoots Like a Girl
Banned
Aug 16, 2002, 02:48 AM

Ya everyone knows that c15 is the final but the fools think there is a c15a or c15 but not the real one bla bla just buy a copy and then you will know for sure...

solitere
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2002, 03:39 AM

Originally posted by Leia Shoots Like a Girl:
Ya everyone knows that c15 is the final but the fools think there is a c15a or c15 but not the real one bla bla just buy a copy and then you will know for sure...
Yeah... if there where no conspirycy theorys about jaguar and Apple these forums would not exist.

Subzero Diesel949
Aug 16, 2002, 03:47 AM

Originally posted by solitere:

Yeah... if there where no conspirycy theorys about jaguar and Apple these forums would not exist.

Tell me about it. Remember 4K78?

Since EBCDIC
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 16, 2002, 04:14 AM

I think this thread is proceeding a bit slowly is because milhous left some of the debugging code in his comment :-)
Since EBCDIC
Using Macs since they were Lisas.

pat++
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2002, 04:36 AM

Originally posted by Since EBCDIC:
I think this thread is proceeding a bit slowly is because milhous left some of the debugging code in his comment :-)
I think the real reason is because QE is only enabled on supported� browsers

milhous  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2002, 04:47 AM

Just got another e-mail update from Rob:

By the way, the old Power Mac was running 10.1.5. So I re-ran the tests this evening with 10.2 (6C115) installed on a fresh drive. Same essential results. (Will post them Friday.)

So even installing 10.2 on the old Dual ghz, there was still NO performance difference?

Unbelievable. Might as well get the old Dual Gigger at the price it's at now.
F = ma

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Aug 16, 2002, 12:06 PM

Seriously, my roommate works at the Apple Store and he told me that his boss heard some interesting info from the Apple rep. It was regarding the 10.2 release. The Apple Store will be open on the 23rd after midnight to sell the OS...

I guess that 6C115 and 6C115a will be updated to 10.2.0.1 on the 24th with a unique Software Update that will:

1) Update various BSD underpinnings (GCC 3.2, RTF 2.0, NNCAATP 4.1, and NAT 7)

2) Fix numerous bugs (FTP, Sound, iChat etc.)

3) Remove all of the debug code from 10.2 (I hear there is a considerable amount)

4) Reprogram the keyboard for left handed people (major issue with OS X.1.5)

5) Installs the new iApp iVideo which copies DVDs and video signals into high quality MPEG-4 files.. THIS IS GOING TO BE AMAZING. (check this link to see what I'm talking about http://www.apple.com/iVideo) If you will notice on the bottom left hand side, it says that it requires 10.2.0.1 to install and run properly) Is it me, or does this look just like iMovie with iChat on top?)

6) Activate the minimize in place feature that was removed in previous builds)

7) Bring back the blue "waiting" blob (down with the beach ball!!!)

8) Makes the free .mac account available to Jaguar purchasers (look inside the retail box for a free access code)

9) Activate Quartz Extreme (I guess 6C115 doesn't have QE activated by default)

9) Install USB2 drivers... not that we can use them or anything...

Can anyone else confirm this information???

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Aug 16, 2002, 12:20 PM

Originally posted by mitchell_pgh:
Seriously, my roommate works at the Apple Store and he told me that his boss heard some interesting info from the Apple rep. It was regarding the 10.2 release. The Apple Store will be open on the 23rd after midnight to sell the OS...

I guess that 6C115 and 6C115a will be updated to 10.2.0.1 on the 24th with a unique Software Update that will:

1) Update various BSD underpinnings (GCC 3.2, RTF 2.0, NNCAATP 4.1, and NAT 7)

2) Fix numerous bugs (FTP, Sound, iChat etc.)

3) Remove all of the debug code from 10.2 (I hear there is a considerable amount)

4) Reprogram the keyboard for left handed people (major issue with OS X.1.5)

5) Installs the new iApp iVideo which copies DVDs and video signals into high quality MPEG-4 files.. THIS IS GOING TO BE AMAZING. (check this link to see what I'm talking about http://www.apple.com/iVideo) If you will notice on the bottom left hand side, it says that it requires 10.2.0.1 to install and run properly) Is it me, or does this look just like iMovie with iChat on top?)

6) Activate the minimize in place feature that was removed in previous builds)

7) Bring back the blue "waiting" blob (down with the beach ball!!!)

8) Makes the free .mac account available to Jaguar purchasers (look inside the retail box for a free access code)

9) Activate Quartz Extreme (I guess 6C115 doesn't have QE activated by default)

9) Install USB2 drivers... not that we can use them or anything...

Can anyone else confirm this information???
No way! Won't happen, an update on the very day the OS is released? Nope, nothing.

Guy Incognito
Banned
Aug 16, 2002, 12:24 PM

Where are the mods? How come dumb threads like these never get locked? Can we have another confirmation that c115 is the GM?

piracy
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2002, 12:35 PM

[piracy kills himself, and lays daying at the feet of MacNN forums]
( Last edited by piracy; Aug 16, 2002 at 01:05 PM. )

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Aug 16, 2002, 12:41 PM

LOL, nice "piracy"...thanks for the laugh, I agree with you 100%..."wtf?" is right! Idiots.

GnOm
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2002, 12:42 PM

Originally posted by piracy:
wtf?

it's called humor and though I appreciate your knowledge you could use a big chunk of it.

bye.

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Aug 16, 2002, 12:47 PM

piracy, I was just kidding around... This thread is a joke and 6C115 is what will be in the mail on the 24th... I'm with you buddy...

I was going to put :

10) Apple will activate the robotic arms inside the new G4 towers (You did look inside the case didn't you?)

but then I knew people wouldn't fall for it...

From #1... RTF 2.0, NNCAATP 4.1, and NAT 7 these were the first keys that came off of my fingers... NNCAATP 4.1??? What is that!?!?! Rich Text Format being updated? NAT 7?

The rest is just crap that I'm so tired of hearing about... secret updaters, debug code, QE this or that... I'm tired of it... the same things went on with the 10.1 release...

piracy
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2002, 01:03 PM

Originally posted by mitchell_pgh:
piracy, I was just kidding around... This thread is a joke and 6C115 is what will be in the mail on the 24th... I'm with you buddy...
Thank god.

But you do realize that some people take this seriously and actually believe these things...

Musti
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 16, 2002, 10:06 PM

Originally posted by piracy:

Thank god.

But you do realize that some people take this seriously and actually believe these things...
Yeah, I want that secret access code for .Mac...so you say, if I go and buy Jaquar on 24th, I will have one year of free .Mac. Good.

NCAAt-whatever is promising, too. I have heard from sources that it leads to huge speed increases. Almost 200%-300% more speed from same hardware. Cool.

Nebagakid
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2002, 10:59 PM

http://apple.com/ivideo doesn't exist mister

ARENA
Mac Elite
Aug 17, 2002, 12:18 AM

Originally posted by Nebagakid:
http://apple.com/ivideo doesn't exist mister
No sh*t!?
And me, here thinking it actually existed.

Nebagakid
Mac Elite
Aug 17, 2002, 12:53 AM

Originally posted by ARENA:

No sh*t!?
And me, here thinking it actually existed.
are you making fun of me?

Immortal K-Mart Employee
Mac Elite
Aug 17, 2002, 01:13 AM

Originally posted by Nebagakid:

are you making fun of me?
And rightly so.

{v2.3 Now Jesus free}
Religions are like farts: yours is good, the others always stink.

Forum Links
Forum Rules