Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > The Numbers 1122 Appeared Under my Hard Drive Icon

The Numbers 1122 Appeared Under my Hard Drive Icon
bergy
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2006, 04:17 PM

Does anyone know what this is or how it could happen ...

Instead of Macintosh HD under the desktop icon of the hard drive ... the numbers 1122 have appeared ...

Just curious ....

I didn't notice it until I went to do a backup with IMSafe and it couldn't find the volume because it was renamed ...

Thanks for your input ...
Tiger 10.4.8

himself
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2006, 04:29 PM

do you have any small pets (cats, for example) or little children that like to play on your keyboard? What usually happens in this case is that, with your hard drive icon selected, the child and/or pet will hit random keys on your keyboard (like the return key, which will highlight the name of the icon so it can be changed) that result in the name being changed.

I've even done it myself accidentally on a couple of occasions, when I wasn't paying attention.
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows... how can you guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton

bergy  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2006, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by himself
do you have any small pets (cats, for example) or little children that like to play on your keyboard? What usually happens in this case is that, with your hard drive icon selected, the child and/or pet will hit random keys on your keyboard (like the return key, which will highlight the name of the icon so it can be changed) that result in the name being changed.

I've even done it myself accidentally on a couple of occasions, when I wasn't paying attention.

I guess it's probably something like that being the cause ... although funny enough ... I seem to remember this happening before ... with the same numbers coming up ... odd ...

Wait a minute ... maybe it's a sign that my hard drive is going to crash and I should buy a new MacBook !! Yeah ... that's it ...
Tiger 10.4.8

bowwowman
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2006, 07:05 PM

Actually, it's a sign that you will soon be visited during the night by several guys in extremely black suits, carrying some really strange looking guns, and they will insist that you AND your HD submit to a number of advanced surgical procedures at a lab somewhere in the Nigerian desert that will only take 3 minutes or so for them to take you to.......

Only after you are done, will they give you a macbook pro, a liter of Alderian Brandy, and a slightly erotic-looking fuel injector from a 2463 Chevy Impala SS.
Personally I find it hilarious that you have the hots for my gramma. Especially seeins how she is 3x your age, and makes your Brittney-Spears-wannabe 30-something wife look like a rag doll who went thru WWIII with a burning stick of dynamite up her a** :)

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 16, 2006, 07:50 PM

I do not think that is true Bowwow Man.

bowwowman
Mac Elite
Aug 17, 2006, 09:36 AM

believe what you wanna

Go ahead, rename your HD as 1122, I dare you!

But please dont tell anyone about it, since they will be compelled to eliminought you afterwards........
Personally I find it hilarious that you have the hots for my gramma. Especially seeins how she is 3x your age, and makes your Brittney-Spears-wannabe 30-something wife look like a rag doll who went thru WWIII with a burning stick of dynamite up her a** :)

Person Man
Professional Poster
Aug 17, 2006, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by bowwowman
Only after you are done, will they give you a macbook pro, a liter of Alderian Brandy, and a slightly erotic-looking fuel injector from a 2463 Chevy Impala SS.
No, no, no! Don't you know anything?

By 2463, the official spelling for Chevrolet will be "Shivilay." So the fuel injector will be from a 2463 Shivvy Impala SS.

*true fact: A tow truck driver last week kept talking about his "Shivvy." Drove me up the wall.

bowwowman
Mac Elite
Aug 17, 2006, 10:18 AM

Apparently, it is YOU how dont know nothin.............

That tow truck driver was actually a neuralbiometric projection of the guy who invented the 1122 HD .... and he doesnt take kindly to anyone trying to use his stuff for their personal amusement, so "driving you up the wall" is only the beginning

he'll be back..........

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Aug 17, 2006, 07:59 PM

Now, on to trying to maybe actually help this guy...

... have you tried going to View -> Show View Options and unchecking "Show Item Info"? If not, give that a try.

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

Forum Links
Forum Rules