Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > anyone gonna play Shadowbane when its released?

anyone gonna play Shadowbane when its released?
RMXO
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 12, 2003, 12:23 AM

so im curious if anyone is gonna be playing Shadowbane?

http://www.apple.com/games/articles/...dex2.html#reqs

hopefully UbiSoft is like Blizzard & the CD comes both w/ Mac & PC version in it.
MacBook Pro 15" Unibody | iPhone 16GB 3G

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Mar 12, 2003, 12:28 AM

A bunch of friends of mine were interested, but I don't know. I've heard some bad stuff about it, some great stuff. And I'm not sure I want to pay to play a game monthly. I will definitely try it out and see.

RMXO  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 12, 2003, 12:44 AM

Originally posted by MindFad:
A bunch of friends of mine were interested, but I don't know. I've heard some bad stuff about it, some great stuff. And I'm not sure I want to pay to play a game monthly. I will definitely try it out and see.
i heard the same. guess every game has pros & cons. i used to play EQ for 2 yrs but got bored. im actually waiting for eq2 & star war galaxies. hopefully they will have a Mac version. i just hope they are not like bioware & take forever to port over to Mac. especially when they promised the version during the PC release.
MacBook Pro 15" Unibody | iPhone 16GB 3G

-Q-
Mar 12, 2003, 10:02 AM

A buddy of mine beta tested for 'em and while he liked the game, he had a serious problem with the idea of the monthly fee for it. Although he travels a lot for work, so he may not be the ideal gamer.

I myself won't play it. I tried EQ on the PC and hated it so I can't imagine I'd like this iteration of the concept that much either.

Pej
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 12, 2003, 02:42 PM

I probably will, I've been in beta for awhile but I like it. However, I don't think it'll run on my tibook (I haven't tried it yet) but my PC runs it OK. Remember, the difference between EQ and Shadowbane is that Shadowbane is all about fighting other players.

dampeoples
Mac Elite
Mar 12, 2003, 03:46 PM

I've got no interest in subscription games. But I don't play too many games anyway.

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 13, 2003, 09:45 AM

Yeah, same here...I have a much too busy lifestyle to pay to play monthly...some months I'll play for days, some months hardly any, so I'll stick with the free multiplayer games for now.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

G Barnett
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 19, 2003, 12:07 PM

Been in the beta for SB since July. It's only gotten better as beta has progressed, IMO.

I'll be in it from the get-go.

G Barnett
Life is like a clay pigeon -- sooner or later, someone is going to shoot you down and even if they miss you'll still wind up shattered and broken in the end.

asilagy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 19, 2003, 05:11 PM

My friend offered me Shadowbane beta but I'm to lazy to install it. I'm buying Frozen Throne beta key from a guy in my school. That should be a lot of fun.

mac freak
Mac Elite
Mar 23, 2003, 04:16 AM

I've been in the SB beta for ~5 months now, and I have to say I've found it disappointing. The game is totally social/PvP based, which is great if that's your thing, but I prefer more wealth/item based games like Diablo II. In SB, there's not much equipment variety; sure, his helm might add 30 life and yours adds 35 mana, but no substantial advantages/disadvantages (for the most part). It also sucks that one simply can't solo high level monsters, and that in order to be successful you HAVE to suck up to a guild.

I have another friend who's been in beta for longer than me, and he's REALLY into it, so I'll wait a month or so and see how things pan out with the online community, and then I'll consider buying it. For now, though, I've cancelled my preorder.
Be happy.

Pej
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 24, 2003, 12:32 AM

I've decided to at least give it a shot... I mean, I've been following its progress for like 2 and a half years now. An old UO friend and I have decided to start a Barbarian Clan and we plan on playing together for a long time... we'll see where it takes us.

Forum Links
Forum Rules