Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Iraq verbally *smacksdown* France & Germany

Iraq verbally *smacksdown* France & Germany (Page 2)
Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 25, 2003, 02:04 PM

Originally posted by petehammer:

Yeah, except that he bombed Iraq repeatedly and held an embargo. I think it wasn't Clinton who forgot about it...
He sent a few bombs, and slapped them on the wrist.

He didn't keep up with it, and this was only near the END on his term.

Fact is, France and Germany could have done more. Iraq knows this.

Iraq wont be forgetting it anytime soon.

Don't like it? Don't have to.

But thems are the facts.

Uday's Carcass
Senior User
Location: Frozen storage at Area 51, wrapped in pigskin. My damned soul is never getting out of the Great Satan.
Oct 25, 2003, 02:30 PM

France and Germany enabled Saddam. They supported him as he tortured, brutalised, and raped a country of tens of millions.

Their karma is seriously screwed.

Linfidels harken! 'The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.'

eklipse
Professional Poster
Oct 25, 2003, 02:54 PM

Originally posted by Uday's Carcass:
France and Germany enabled Saddam. They supported him as he tortured, brutalised, and raped a country of tens of millions.
And America did......?

Uday's Carcass
Senior User
Location: Frozen storage at Area 51, wrapped in pigskin. My damned soul is never getting out of the Great Satan.
Oct 25, 2003, 03:30 PM

Originally posted by eklipse:
And America did......?
...not do any better for decades. But when it was time to liberate Iraqis (granted, the first priority was US security interests), France and Germany acted to undermine the process and vocally support Saddam under the auspices of an 'international mandate', when all they really wanted was to keep Saddam in power, knowing full well they'd reap billions when sanctions ended. All paid for by brutalised, tortured, murdered, and raped Iraqis. Blood money. Their cowardice and corruption knew no bounds.

Linfidels harken! 'The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.'

villalobos
Mac Elite
Oct 25, 2003, 05:11 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
He sent a few bombs, and slapped them on the wrist.

He didn't keep up with it, and this was only near the END on his term.

Fact is, France and Germany could have done more. Iraq knows this.

Iraq wont be forgetting it anytime soon.

Don't like it? Don't have to.

But thems are the facts.
Thems are not facts Zimph'. On the other hand, THIS is fact.

'The same Gallup poll shows their preferred country by far is�get this�France. And their favorite leader? Jacques Chirac! The French president�s approval rating tops George W. Bush�s by 13 points in Baghdad. Tony Blair couldn�t get elected dogcatcher.'

Villa

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 25, 2003, 07:13 PM

Ah we go back to polls.

That show a group of muslims support France.. because a lot of Muslims live there.

"The French president�s approval rating tops George W. Bush�s by 13 points in Baghdad. "

Polls which anyone that wants them to say a certain thing, can and will.

This is just one part of Iraq too.

Nice to know what the Iraqi officials think though.

quandarry
Oct 25, 2003, 07:39 PM

i just heard on the tv news that 67% of iraqis view the americans as occupiers and not as liberators....hmmm? the number rises as the occupation continues.

i don't have the details but will look it up later.

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 25, 2003, 07:55 PM

Originally posted by quandarry:
i just heard on the tv news that 67% of iraqis view the americans as occupiers and not as liberators....hmmm? the number rises as the occupation continues.

i don't have the details but will look it up later.
Well I think it's time then for some education.

But seriously I have seen protesters with signs like 'Occupation is not liberating"

Did they think we were just going to get rid of Saddam and leave for someone else JUST LIKE him to take over?

Bush never claimed we'd do this either. It will take time.

But we WONT be running Iraq in the future.

A lot of Iraqis have been lied to by their ex leader.

Telling them we just want to take over. They are distrustful out of not so much ignorance, but because they have been fed lies for so many years.

They are brainwashed by Saddam's ramblings still.

It will take time.

Lerkfish
Oct 25, 2003, 10:32 PM

A lot of Iraqis have been lied to by their ex leader.

Telling them we just want to take over. They are distrustful out of not so much ignorance, but because they have been fed lies for so many years.

They are brainwashed by Saddam's ramblings still.

It will take time.
well, then, being occupied by Bush should be familiar to them.

villalobos
Mac Elite
Oct 25, 2003, 11:00 PM

Ah we go back to polls.

That show a group of muslims support France.. because a lot of Muslims live there.

"The French president�s approval rating tops George W. Bush�s by 13 points in Baghdad. "

Polls which anyone that wants them to say a certain thing, can and will.

This is just one part of Iraq too.

Nice to know what the Iraqi officials think though.
You mean nice to see what the US-installed Iraqi officials think? I will admit that polls are pretty much useless, and that this poll is porbably even more suspicious given the current situation in Baghdad ( i dont know for instance how they conducted the poll, and how they made sure to get a 'representative sample' of the population). But then it's this poll results against Zimph's opinion. I think I know which one I am more inclined to follow.
This said Would you expect these US-nominated people to say anything else? I don't know whether they were living in Iraq before Saddam's fall, but if that is the case, one cannot forget that the normal behavior in that regime was a total submission to 'the boss'. One cant change his behaviors so fast.

SO yeah, maybe France and Germany are gonna pay for what is going on right now, but what you were saying were definitely not'the facts', just your humble opinion.

villa

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 26, 2003, 12:36 AM

Originally posted by Lerkfish:
well, then, being occupied by Bush should be familiar to them.

ZackS
Banned
Oct 26, 2003, 02:05 AM

Wow, using that same damn picture as response whenever you're stuck in a corner NEVER gets old Zim. I'm happy you're so proud of your little boy but plastering his face on the internet does nothing to further your "argument" which is usually never more than rhetoric stemming back to religion and conservative ideals rather than an actual thought process.

asleep@thewheel
Oct 26, 2003, 02:15 AM

this is what a good **** feels like...

this is zimphire's way of saying your a good ****!

Uday's Carcass
Senior User
Oct 26, 2003, 02:22 AM

you're definitely not asleep@thewheel. More like strung out on cocaine. lay off that stuff.

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 26, 2003, 02:34 AM

Originally posted by ZackS:
Wow, using that same damn picture as response whenever you're stuck in a corner NEVER gets old Zim.
No I only post such picture when someone responds to something with a silly personal attack.

Why you felt the need to project the "stuck in the corner" silliness is interesting though.

Lerk's response was no more a response than mine.

it was just a silly jab.

lemondrop
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 26, 2003, 05:09 AM

No I only post such picture when someone responds to something with a silly personal attack.

Why you felt the need to project the "stuck in the corner" silliness is interesting though.

it was just a silly jab.
STFU WHITE TRASH
Could care less about tact..

Uday's Carcass
Senior User
Oct 26, 2003, 10:45 AM

Originally posted by lemondrop:
STFU WHITE TRASH
boy you're a clever one.

Sharp as a blade, you are.

Lerkfish
Oct 26, 2003, 12:31 PM

it was just a silly jab.
you do not understand the concept of "personal attack". When I criticize Bush, I am not attacking you personally. Likewise, When you attack me personally, you are not defending Bush.

Read Demonhood's sticky thread in this forum:
you are not your party. It is impossible for it to be a personal attack against you if I criticize Bush.
However, nearly every post you've posted to one of mine IS a personal attack.

Spliffdaddy  (op)
Posting Junkie
Oct 26, 2003, 12:43 PM

Hey guys!

It's all good.

I allow personal attacks in the threads I author.

Just one of the many things I do in order to promote participation in these discussions.

This would be a dark, lifeless place if nobody ever lost their cool.

Don't you think?

christ
Professional Poster
Oct 26, 2003, 12:45 PM

Well I think it's time then for some education...
Education? You invade, and then 'educate' the invadees that they have been 'liberated'. Even if they don't feel liberated, or even, in fact, if they have not been liberated, they have just had one 'leader' replaced with another. This 'education' doesn't make it true.

If I call you a liberal, and you say that you are not, is it worth my time 'educating' you that your perception is inaccurate? Or is it more likely that I was wrong?

...They are brainwashed by Saddam's ramblings still.

It will take time.
...Until your brainwashing replaces Saddam's. But it's alright - you'll get bored before that happens, and go and find another sand-box to play in.
Chris. T.

"... in 6 months if WMD are found, I hope all clear-thinking people who opposed the war will say "You're right, we were wrong -- good job". Similarly, if after 6 months no WMD are found, people who supported the war should say the same thing -- and move to impeach Mr. Bush." - moki, 04/16/03

Forum Links
Forum Rules