Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > More/less space between icons?

More/less space between icons?
jmelrose
Forum Regular
Oct 26, 2003, 10:02 AM

In OS 9, there was a way to choose if the user wanted icons tightly spaced together, or more widely spread across the window/desktop.

In OS X thus far, it seemed as though the icons were spaced a bit closer together than in 10.3. I would love to have them closer so I can get all my Apps to fit into ther Application window without making them tiny.

So, bottom line, is there a known way to do this? Some setting I am not finding?

Thanks,
Jeff

Uday's Carcass
Senior User
Location: Frozen storage at Area 51, wrapped in pigskin. My damned soul is never getting out of the Great Satan.
Oct 26, 2003, 11:12 AM

this is one of my biggest annoyances with OS X in general, but particularly with Panther. Those icons are just way too spaced!

otherwise panther is great.

Linfidels harken! 'The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.'

Forum Links
Forum Rules