Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Filthy lunatics!! They bombed red cross HQ!!

Filthy lunatics!! They bombed red cross HQ!!
amsalpemkcus
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2003, 10:04 AM

I am so pissed!! SO pisssed that I cant think of more choice words to use on these morons!! feckin retards!! oh, I just hope the committment to clean up the crap out there becomes ever stronger.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...1&pageNumber=0
( Last edited by amsalpemkcus; Oct 27, 2003 at 10:10 AM. )

eklipse
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2003, 10:07 AM

So much for stability.

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2003, 10:10 AM

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2003, 11:01 AM

IT'S A
MAD,
MAD, MAD,
MAD
WORLD.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Oct 27, 2003, 11:37 AM

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Red Cross operate under the name and logo "Red Crescent" in most Islamic nations? That was -as I understand it- a protocol set up long ago, because using a cross for a logo (even though it is quite different from the crosses used in most Christian imagery) might would offend many of the leaders of those nations at the time, and possibly even today.

Was this shelter operating under the proper name? If so, this would actually be a massive policy blunder, and could well have triggered the attacks (if you consider the so-called "reasons" for terrorist attacks to be relevant or mitigating, which I don't).
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

gadster
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2003, 11:44 AM

Originally posted by amsalpemkcus:
I am so pissed!! SO pisssed that I cant think of more choice words to use on these morons!! feckin retards!! oh, I just hope the committment to clean up the crap out there becomes ever stronger.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...1&pageNumber=0
You asked for it. And you got it. And you can't just walk away now. We tried to tell you to leave well enough alone, but no, you had to go stirring up the hornets.

Well guess what; now you got hornets right up your butt.

But the game has just begun! Next thing you know, you will get the draft, now won't that be fun!

Enjoy, Zionistas and your little buddy America.

Suckerz.
Idiots. Enjoy! And profit!!

<edit> just playing 'devil's advocate' I wish no harm to any bastard. <end edit>
( Last edited by gadster; Oct 27, 2003 at 11:50 AM. )
e-gads

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 27, 2003, 01:53 PM

Freedom isn't free.

Else it would have little value.

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2003, 01:54 PM

Originally posted by Millennium:
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Red Cross operate under the name and logo "Red Crescent" in most Islamic nations? That was -as I understand it- a protocol set up long ago, because using a cross for a logo (even though it is quite different from the crosses used in most Christian imagery) might would offend many of the leaders of those nations at the time, and possibly even today.

Was this shelter operating under the proper name? If so, this would actually be a massive policy blunder, and could well have triggered the attacks (if you consider the so-called "reasons" for terrorist attacks to be relevant or mitigating, which I don't).
I've heard that as well.

Spent some time this morning seeing if I can find anything. Media seems to report it as "Red Cross". I don't see any logo's or anything of that nature to indicate either way. Except this:

http://www.ifrc.org/docs/news/pr03/8103.asp

Though not a direct statement.

I know there was some hostility towards the name in recent times. The US Pentagon wasn't thrilled about it. They felt that the Red Cross should stay "Red Cross" because it's about helping "others". The Red Cross has claimed that the decision is so that it can adapt to every environment and provide the best service with maximum effectiveness, and of course safety to it's staff.

IMHO the Red Cross should take a name change in certain places. If that's what it takes to win over some people. It's silly not to do.

You can't please everyone. But everyone you please is 1 less enemy.

IIRC the Red Cross has been working rather agressively since the Gulf war to recruit Middle Eastern Red Cross Volunteers. Looking at the video and pictures from this attack, it appears that it is made up of at least some muslim men and women. It's an "outside organization", but it's apparantly working "with" the community. At least to an extent... unless that's just what the media wants us to think?

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2003, 01:59 PM

Most of the victims of this most recent attack were Iraqi, so I guess whoever is behind it is trying to get a message out to all those 'traitors' that are working with the enemy.

spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2003, 02:15 PM

Originally posted by lil'babykitten:
Most of the victims of this most recent attack were Iraqi, so I guess whoever is behind it is trying to get a message out to all those 'traitors' that are working with the enemy.
Exactly.
Defense officials said they believe loyalists of fallen Iraqi President Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) were responsible for the wave of bombings. But Iraqi police Brig. Gen. Ahmed Ibrahim, the deputy interior minister, blamed foreign fighters for the assault, saying a fifth, aborted car bombing was attempted by a man captured with a Syrian passport.

"Some countries, unfortunately, are trying to send people to conduct attacks," he said, without naming those nations.

That fifth bomber was kept by officers from detonating his Land Cruiser at a station in the "New Baghdad" district. "He was shouting, `Death to the Iraqi police! You're collaborators!'" said police Sgt. Ahmed Abdel Sattar.
I am upset at these attacks. The small consolation is that the war on terror is being fought thousands of miles away from our homeland. Instead of these terrorists plotting and journeying to the US, it is obvious that they are saving the travel time/expense and simply crossing the border into Iraq.

Lerkfish
Oct 27, 2003, 02:24 PM

Originally posted by macvillage.net:
I've heard that as well.

Spent some time this morning seeing if I can find anything. Media seems to report it as "Red Cross". I don't see any logo's or anything of that nature to indicate either way. Except this:

http://www.ifrc.org/docs/news/pr03/8103.asp

Though not a direct statement.

I know there was some hostility towards the name in recent times. The US Pentagon wasn't thrilled about it. They felt that the Red Cross should stay "Red Cross" because it's about helping "others". The Red Cross has claimed that the decision is so that it can adapt to every environment and provide the best service with maximum effectiveness, and of course safety to it's staff.

IMHO the Red Cross should take a name change in certain places. If that's what it takes to win over some people. It's silly not to do.

You can't please everyone. But everyone you please is 1 less enemy.

IIRC the Red Cross has been working rather agressively since the Gulf war to recruit Middle Eastern Red Cross Volunteers. Looking at the video and pictures from this attack, it appears that it is made up of at least some muslim men and women. It's an "outside organization", but it's apparantly working "with" the community. At least to an extent... unless that's just what the media wants us to think?
FWIW, in making graphics and maps to go along with the invasion, we made the point of locating red cross locations with a red crescent and explained the rationale for doing so.
Unless they changed their minds post-invasion.

Lerkfish
Oct 27, 2003, 02:29 PM

Originally posted by spacefreak:
Instead of these terrorists plotting and journeying to the US, it is obvious that they are saving the travel time/expense and simply crossing the border into Iraq.
well, your assuming all resistance is comprised of those groups: baathists that were displaced and Syrians or other extranationals. I don't think there's a way to say that definitively.

Additionally, all people who are against the invasion and puppet government (no matter from which group those derive) have to do is disrupt or fell the interim council's stability.
AFter all, it IS their homeland, and even if they don't like the US, attacking the US will not garner the result they want: the elimination of the puppet council. Attacking the US on US soil would not accomplish that...it would achieve a completely different result.

For that reason, I tend to more believe the resistance is coming from actual Iraqis than other sources, because disrupting the interim council most directly affects them..in other words, they have more to lose and more to gain.

Uday's Carcass
Senior User
Location: Frozen storage at Area 51, wrapped in pigskin. My damned soul is never getting out of the Great Satan.
Oct 27, 2003, 07:56 PM

Originally posted by gadster:
You asked for it. And you got it. And you can't just walk away now. We tried to tell you to leave well enough alone, but no, you had to go stirring up the hornets.

But the game has just begun! Next thing you know, you will get the draft, now won't that be fun!

Suckerz.

<edit> just playing 'devil's advocate' I wish no harm to any bastard. <end edit>
Jeez, gadster. I haven't seen your filthly repuked tripe for a while. Back with the Zionist conspiracies and pissing on America. You haven't changed.

Linfidels harken! 'The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.'

Uday's Carcass
Senior User
Location: Frozen storage at Area 51, wrapped in pigskin. My damned soul is never getting out of the Great Satan.
Oct 27, 2003, 07:58 PM

This bombing just shows you that these terrorists are out to murder innocent Iraqis and international servants of goodwill. It could be the UN running the show, not America, yet these attacks indicate that their hatred extends beyond America.

Linfidels harken! 'The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.'

eklipse
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2003, 08:18 PM

Originally posted by Uday's Carcass:
This bombing just shows you that these terrorists are out to murder innocent Iraqis and international servants of goodwill. It could be the UN running the show, not America, yet these attacks indicate that their hatred extends beyond America.
Interesting how America's 'War on Terror' has managed to create an entirely new breed of terrorist.

spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2003, 08:24 PM

Originally posted by Lerkfish:
well, your assuming all resistance is comprised of those groups: baathists that were displaced and Syrians or other extranationals. I don't think there's a way to say that definitively.

I tend to more believe the resistance is coming from actual Iraqis than other sources, because disrupting the interim council most directly affects them..in other words, they have more to lose and more to gain.
Iraqi police Brig. Gen. Ahmed Ibrahim, the deputy interior minister, blamed foreign fighters for the assault, saying a fifth, aborted car bombing was attempted by a man captured with a Syrian passport.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Oct 27, 2003, 08:24 PM

Question: why is bombing the red cross or crescent or whatever worse than bombing anyone else?

Uday's Carcass
Senior User
Oct 27, 2003, 10:50 PM

Originally posted by nonhuman:
Question: why is bombing the red cross or crescent or whatever worse than bombing anyone else?
it isn't. It's just that the America-haters place more value on non-American lives. They don't break a sweat when American soldiers are blown up, yet they're up in arms when others are killed.

I'm sad for all deaths.

Lerkfish
Oct 27, 2003, 11:55 PM

it isn't. It's just that the America-haters place more value on non-American lives. They don't break a sweat when American soldiers are blown up, yet they're up in arms when others are killed.

I'm sad for all deaths.
actually, I disagree. I think you're mischaracterizing people's concern.

I think people are more concerned about a red cross attack because the red cross (or crescent) is by its nature a relief organization rather than a combatant.
In other words, They're supposed to be trying to help address humanitarian concerns.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2003, 12:17 AM

I'm sad for all deaths.
Has it ever crossed your mind that people in America might oppose this unneccessary war precisely because they don't want American soldiers to die????

It's becoming increasingly clear thet the inspections regime had been largely effective, and that saddam was being contained without needing to resort to this massive and egregious taking of young American lives.

I think about the mothers and fathers, bothers and sisters of the American kids being killed in Iraq, all for dubious reasons, most of whom joined the Army so they could go to college, and make a life for themselves, and now their lives are over before they began, and those of their families are ruined. Over what?

CV

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2003, 12:25 AM

Originally posted by Lerkfish:
actually, I disagree. I think you're mischaracterizing people's concern.

I think people are more concerned about a red cross attack because the red cross (or crescent) is by its nature a relief organization rather than a combatant.
In other words, They're supposed to be trying to help address humanitarian concerns.

Exactly.

The Red Cross doesn't care what side an group is on. Who opposes them helping... They still do it. And are often welcomed. They have visited our captured troops and provided care with the permission of our enemies.

They have also done the inverse. They have went into areas where they were told not to help, and did so anyway. It's one of the few true humanitarian organizations. They are interested in humanitarian aid, not politics. Unlike many others.

The reason why this matters a bit more is because it's not an attack on politics. It's an attack on humantarian aid.

Attacking an embassy is an attack on political foes (despite what whitehouse propeganda makes of it). Same with police stations, or our soldiers.

An attack on Muslim workers providing humanitarian aid is a change in pace. It's an attack on Humantarian operations.

Suicide bombing is just a modern word for Kamikaze, a universally recognized practice in warfare. This particular instance takes a religious twist. But it's just a war tactic combined with propeganda.

What's unique about this, is that it breaks Clausewitz's Laws on Warfare. Catching the western world off guard. According to Clausewitz, this wouldn't happen, as War is Part of Politics. Center of Gravity, etc.

The only thing that makes sense is the Clausewitz rule "the essential unpredictability of war". That's about it.

Making this a very unique, and severe attack.

It's the first big Iraq attack that isn't part of warfare. It's an attack on Humanitarian Aid.

The question is why? To create a "fog of war?" Confuse the enemy? Just for sh!ts and giggles? Or something else?

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2003, 12:40 AM

Well, it is political, though. Think about it. The agitators want to make things as uncomfortable as possible, because comfortable people are more likely to be complacent, and complacent people don't rise up in rebellion.

They've badly miscalculated, though. In their desire to sow chaos and disconcert, they're making the same mistake we made in Vietnam. They're hoping that the Iraqi people will blame the Americans for their destruction, just like the Americans thought that the Vietnamese would blame the Vietkong for the times when Americans sowed destruction. In the very, very short term it just might work, on a few. Long term, they're making enemies of the Iraqi populace at large, and they won't survive without support from the Iraqi people.

Note that I was intentionally vague about who 'they' are. My own guess would be that it's foreign gorillas who really don't give two $hits about the Iraqi people (as the Iraqi policeman suggested). Mine is just a guess, though, so take it for what it's worth (practically nothing).

BlackGriffen

Demonhood
Administrator
Oct 28, 2003, 12:52 AM

Uday's Carcass
Senior User
Oct 28, 2003, 12:55 AM

Originally posted by BlackGriffen:
Note that I was intentionally vague about who 'they' are. My own guess would be that it's foreign gorillas who really don't give two $hits about the Iraqi people (as the Iraqi policeman suggested). Mine is just a guess, though, so take it for what it's worth (practically nothing).

BlackGriffen
Don't sell yourself short. Your opinions are fine. You're right--the foreign fighters are just like the ones that came to afghanistan looking to prop up the Taliban. Same losers fighting for tyranny, murder, rape, and the exploitation of a nation.

Lerkfish
Oct 28, 2003, 01:13 AM

Originally posted by chris v:
Has it ever crossed your mind that people in America might oppose this unneccessary war precisely because they don't want American soldiers to die????
CV
I don't think that some can tolerate that concept. Judging by what they say, in their minds, to oppose war must mean you enjoy the death of your own soldiers, or that you support the victory of the opponent.

sad cognitive dissonance.

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2003, 01:34 AM

Well, it is political, though. Think about it. The agitators want to make things as uncomfortable as possible, because comfortable people are more likely to be complacent, and complacent people don't rise up in rebellion.
True, but that uncomfortable feeling could be given through more direct methods such as the attacks previously done... those have the benefit of being direct. A double hit. Psychological, as you mention... AND physical.

Myriad
Forum Regular
Oct 28, 2003, 03:55 AM

My own guess would be that it's foreign gorillas...
The new face of terror?

--

I wait years before making a single post on this board, and this is what I come up with. What a waste.
Have you seen me?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 28, 2003, 08:45 AM

Originally posted by Myriad:
The new face of terror?

--

I wait years before making a single post on this board, and this is what I come up with. What a waste.
Ah yeah, what thread isn't complete without the predictable appearance of a spelling nazi?

Wow, what an incredibly stupid move by the terrorists. They had gained a great deal of sympathy from many quarters during this struggle, this only proves that they're rabid. Only goes to show how little respect they have for anyone.

This action will do nothing more than cement almost complete UN action against them (`cept maybe China). Even the Axis powers during WWII held respect for the Red Cross (or Crescent). It'll get much worse now, I can already hear the French, German, and Russian tanks warming up.

Don't worry, the "pesticide" is on it's way.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Oct 28, 2003, 08:50 AM

Originally posted by Myriad:
The new face of terror?

--

It was, however, pretty damn funny.

Not a waste.

-s*

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2003, 09:47 AM

Originally posted by MacNStein:
It'll get much worse now, I can already hear the French, German, and Russian tanks warming up.
Uh, who would you like the French, German and Russian tanks to shoot? I don't think the US's problem in Iraq is a shortage of tanks! Even if that is supposed to be a metaphor, I don't think the US lacks soldiers or any military hardware. Tanks from Outer Mongolia aren't going to help them.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 28, 2003, 10:26 AM

Originally posted by Troll:
Uh, who would you like the French, German and Russian tanks to shoot? I don't think the US's problem in Iraq is a shortage of tanks! Even if that is supposed to be a metaphor, I don't think the US lacks soldiers or any military hardware. Tanks from Outer Mongolia aren't going to help them.
I was referring to Int'l support, not literal military might. They've now given the US military free reign to blast their installations and "terrorist cells" to bits. That was just bloody damned stupid.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

asleep@thewheel
Oct 28, 2003, 10:28 AM

if it wasn't for the loss of innocent lives...the whole thing would be laughable. the u.s. has made such a big blunder thinking the iraqis would be praising the americans from the rooftops for their liberation. all that has happened is that the americans have given whomever a grand place to attack u.s. and western interests...WHAT DUMMIES!

this will go on for years. i really feel for the families of the u.s. soldiers and iraqi citisens who have died and who have yet to die for george w bush, what a ****in' asshole **** head!

this is not an attack against the good people of the united states but against the ****in' idiots in washington...gawd even dyed in the wool republicans must be feeling this or has everyone gone crazy?

ps: i think the international community should not get sucked into this cesspool of **** and stay out of iraq and let american blood run on the streets of baghdad for bush.

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2003, 11:45 AM

I was referring to Int'l support, not literal military might. They've now given the US military free reign to blast their installations and "terrorist cells" to bits. That was just bloody damned stupid.
I'm not sure what you mean by "int'l support." How does that support manifest itself and what difference does it make?

We're agreed that the US doesn't need military might. They have enough of that. I think their problem right now is knowing where to apply it, not a lack of it. If the US military knew where "their installations" and "terrorist cells" were, don't you think they'd have taken them out by now?

If you're talking about these attacks convincing the international community to stop being a handbrake on US action, then I think you're wrong on two counts. First, the international community hasn't been a handbrake on the US. Iraq is evidence of that. Second, Iraq also shows the rest of the world what can happen when the US *is* allowed to do something stupid. Obviously we all hope they get it right, but certainly giving the US a freer reign to do repeat performances in other countries is not something that the international community will allow. The US is going to have less support after this disaster when it announces plans to mount a counter-terrorist war anywhere else - that DESPITE the Red Crescent or UN being bombed.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 28, 2003, 12:30 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by "int'l support." How does that support manifest itself and what difference does it make?

We're agreed that the US doesn't need military might. They have enough of that. I think their problem right now is knowing where to apply it, not a lack of it. If the US military knew where "their installations" and "terrorist cells" were, don't you think they'd have taken them out by now?

If you're talking about these attacks convincing the international community to stop being a handbrake on US action, then I think you're wrong on two counts. First, the international community hasn't been a handbrake on the US. Iraq is evidence of that. Second, Iraq also shows the rest of the world what can happen when the US *is* allowed to do something stupid. Obviously we all hope they get it right, but certainly giving the US a freer reign to do repeat performances in other countries is not something that the international community will allow. The US is going to have less support after this disaster when it announces plans to mount a counter-terrorist war anywhere else - that DESPITE the Red Crescent or UN being bombed.
Doubtful. It'll get far bloodier now, and there'll be less humanitarian support. The administration in Syria, in particular, has signed it's own toe-tag.

Not to poke at anyone really, but since when has anyone been able to stop the US from doing what they want to do when push-went-to-shove? This, IMO, is serious. The reason why is because of US loans and investments. When will countries learn to stop accepting $ from the USA? It only gives the US Gov't a toe-hold.
- Thomas Paine

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 28, 2003, 12:59 PM

Thank goodness.

I was wondering if we were ever gonna get around to straightening-out Syria.

Those turks need an ass-whoopin, too.

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2003, 01:12 PM

Originally posted by Spliffdaddy:
Thank goodness.

I was wondering if we were ever gonna get around to straightening-out Syria.

Those turks need an ass-whoopin, too.
Would that be the kind of ass-whoopin that you gave Saddam or the kind of ass-whoopin you gave the Taliban, Bin Laden, and Mohammed Farrah Aidid?

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 28, 2003, 01:28 PM

You have a point there.

Maybe we should offer an ass-whoop satisfaction guarantee from now on.

Still, any effort made to whoop an ass is better than sitting on one's own and hoping for the best.

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2003, 01:57 PM

Dear Saddam

RE: Your Satisfaction

As a valued customer of the US Army since the 1970's, we're pleased to inform you of our new Ass-Whoop Satisfaction Guarantee. This 1 year/100,000 mile guarantee promises to make your next ass-whooping 100% effective. We know you're upset that we failed to deliver satisfaction last time round, and we're doing our best to improve the service we deliver. Should you not receive the servicing you expect from us within the aforementioned period, then you shall be entitled to your regime back.

Too good to be true? That's what Mr. Aidid from Mogadishu Somalia thought too. "I never got the ass-whooping I was promised. They came in here, made a lot of noise, but no action, man. My ass wadn't even hummin. You know what I mean? Action was missing! I was an emotional wreck with the disappointment. So I called up my buddies at the US Army and said, "How 'bout that Ass-Whoop Satisfaction Guarantee?" "I am pleased to say that I had my little regime back by the end of the month, all shiny and clean. I was one happy warlord."

For a limited time only, Mr. Hussein, we're offering you not only your own personalised ass-whooping, but for no extra charge, two free ass-whoopings for you to allocate to members of your immediate family.

This mind-blowing deal is available for personal delivery at any one of your principal residences. We trust that you will seize this opportunity immediately by dialling 1-800-WHOOPED and thank you for your continued loyalty.

Yours sincerely

The US Army
Quagmiring ourselves in Third World Countries since 1991

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 28, 2003, 02:21 PM

Dear Saddam

I know I'm not pleased. Gimme my money back!
- Thomas Paine

petehammer
Senior User
Oct 28, 2003, 02:26 PM

Quagmiring ourselves in Third World Countries since 1991 [/B]
Since 1991? What was Vietnam?

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 28, 2003, 03:12 PM

Dear Saddam

As a valued customer of the US Army since the 1970's, we're pleased to inform you of our new Ass-Whoop Satisfaction Guarantee. This 1 year/100,000 mile guarantee promises to make your next ass-whooping 100% effective. We know you're upset that we failed to deliver satisfaction last time round, and we're doing our best to improve the service we deliver. Should you not receive the servicing you expect from us within the aforementioned period, then you shall be entitled to your regime back.

Too good to be true? That's what Mr. Aidid from Mogadishu Somalia thought too. "I never got the ass-whooping I was promised. They came in here, made a lot of noise, but no action, man. My ass wadn't even hummin. You know what I mean? Action was missing! I was an emotional wreck with the disappointment. So I called up my buddies at the US Army and said, "How 'bout that Ass-Whoop Satisfaction Guarantee?" "I am pleased to say that I had my little regime back by the end of the month, all shiny and clean. I was one happy warlord."

For a limited time only, Mr. Hussein, we're offering you not only your own personalised ass-whooping, but for no extra charge, two free ass-whoopings for you to allocate to members of your immediate family.

This mind-blowing deal is available for personal delivery at any one of your principal residences. We trust that you will seize this opportunity immediately by dialling 1-800-WHOOPED and thank you for your continued loyalty.

Yours sincerely

The US Army
Quagmiring ourselves in Third World Countries since 1991
As a token of our appreciation for your continued loyalty, please accept the enclosed coupons (valued at $172 billion) good for two free ass whoopins redeemable at any US military base in 37 countries around the world.

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2003, 06:32 PM

Troll: Ek het my gat af gelag

I'll just say this: Give the Iraqis real elections and a real say in running their country so that they have both something to gain with a peaceful future and something to lose in the form of their own country. It'll do more good than this damned bloody toll of blood and flesh is doing at the moment.
weird wabbit

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2003, 07:20 PM

You have a point there.

Still, any effort made to whoop an ass is better than sitting on one's own and hoping for the best.
When will be offer the same guarantee and start cracking down on home brewed terrorism?

Just because it's done by Americans on Americans... doesn't mean it isn't.

Lots of idiot organizations endorsing the use of violence against Abortion, Homosexuals, Deforestation, and a bunch of other stuff.

Still more people die from home grown violence... but nobody views it as a problem.

There are plenty of groups which use violence, and threaten to use violence against groups in the US every day... for decades, and no attention.

If this is about human life (which you infer). We would be after saving as many human lives as possible... much easier within the US... then overseas. And much cheaper. If the US put so much effort into crime in the US as the WOT, it would be much lower.

But then agian... it's not about human life or freedom... it's about politics.

The devil surfaces again.

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 29, 2003, 10:14 AM

Originally posted by gadster:

Suckerz.

Sounds like Mars Attack's opposite.

But he was banned.

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 29, 2003, 10:15 AM

Originally posted by eklipse:
Interesting how America's 'War on Terror' has managed to create an entirely new breed of terrorist.
How do you know they are new?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Oct 29, 2003, 10:23 AM

I know I'm not pleased. Gimme my money back!
Complaints must be addressed to the White House, Washington, D.C.

Allow remaining time until election 2004 for processing.

-s*

eklipse
Professional Poster
Oct 29, 2003, 10:40 AM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
How do you know they are new?
Well there weren't any blowing up red cross facilities in Baghdad a year ago.

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 29, 2003, 11:02 AM

Originally posted by eklipse:
Well there weren't any blowing up red cross facilities in Baghdad a year ago.
Right, but that doesn't mean these are a new batch of pig dogs.

Lerkfish
Oct 29, 2003, 11:31 AM

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2003, 11:45 AM

Wow, what insight! You're probably right. Since you can't teach a new dog old tricks, these particular pig dogs must been ones we know.

Hmmm, they're probably Zapatista Rebel pig dogs. I hear the Zapatistas are bored these days. They were probably like, "Look, it's been pretty boring around here since we stopped blowing things up and killing people. Couldn't we find some soft targets and shred 'em for old times sake. Hey, how 'bout the UN and the Red Cross? C'mon, just for kicks."

Forum Links
Forum Rules