Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > PHP and libxml2 question

PHP and libxml2 question
clebin
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 16, 2004, 11:02 AM

I'm trying to configure PHP to use libxml2, without much success. I'm configuring PHP using:

./configure --with-dom

I also try --with-dom=<DIR> (where DIR is a random trial and error from me) I get the following error. Based on where files are (below) perhaps you can advice me on what DIR should be...

configure: error: Please reinstall the libxml >= 2.4.14 distribution

I can't install libxml2 with Fink (presumably because of our Firewall) so I've used some Mac OS X binaries from xmlsoft.org.

This includes libxml.framework, libxslt.framework, libiconv.framework and libexslt.framework folders which are in /Library/Frameworks. I have xmllint and xsltproc commands in /usr/bin.

Is it because I need libxml2-devel? If so, how do I get it, as I can only find RPMs for Yellow Dog Linux!

What can I do to make this work?

Thanks,
Chris

cowerd
Senior User
Mar 16, 2004, 11:15 AM

doesn't marc liyanage's package of PHP support libxml2?
http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/
yo frat boy. where's my tax cut.

Chris O'Brien
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 16, 2004, 11:24 AM

Originally posted by cowerd:
doesn't marc liyanage's package of PHP support libxml2?
http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/
yup
Just who are Britain? What do they? Who is them? And why?

Formerly Black Book

clebin  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 16, 2004, 11:56 AM

Thanks, this worked.

It would be interesting to know how to do it manually, but I won't be tearing my hair out!

Chris

Chris O'Brien
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 16, 2004, 12:01 PM

clebin, run phpinfo() and you'll see how it was configured.
Just who are Britain? What do they? Who is them? And why?

Formerly Black Book

Arkham_c
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2004, 04:52 PM

Just FYI, here is how Marc did it:

Code:
'configure' '--prefix=/usr/local/php' '--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/php/lib' '--with-apxs' '--with-iconv=/usr/local/php' '--with-openssl=/usr' '--with-zlib=/usr' '--with-mysql' '--with-pgsql=/Users/marc/cvs/entropy/php-module/build/postgresql-build' '--enable-cgi' '--with-gd' '--with-png-dir=/usr/local/php' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/php' '--with-t1lib=/usr/local/php' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/php' '--with-tiff-dir=/usr/local/php' '--with-curl=/usr/local/php' '--with-mcal=/usr/local/php' '--with-mcrypt=/usr/local/php' '--with-mhash=/usr/local/php' '--with-pdflib=/usr/local/php' '--with-imap=../imap-2002d' '--with-imap-ssl=/usr' '--with-expat-dir=/usr/local/php' '--with-gettext=/usr/local/php' '--with-dom=/usr/local/php' '--with-dom-xslt=/usr/local/php' '--with-dom-exslt=/usr/local/php' '--with-xslt-sablot=/usr/local/php' '--with-mssql=/usr/local/php' '--with-fbsql=/Users/marc/cvs/entropy/php-module/build/frontbase-build/Library/FrontBase' '--enable-xslt' '--with-ldap' '--with-xmlrpc' '--with-xml' '--with-iodbc' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dbase' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-exif' '--enable-wddx' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-mbstring'
Mac Pro 2x 2.66 GHz Dual core, Apple TV 160GB, two Windows XP PCs

tipp-ex
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 18, 2004, 02:55 PM

it won't let me post a new topic in this forum so my question is here, where it seems most relevent.

Q. what is the php equivalent of a c++ data structure (what is the notation for it) and how can i parse some xml with php (assuming i had the libraries and everything setup) so that i can load the xml into an easily accessible structure in the php?

if someone could explain how do do that *very simply* i'd be grateful.

thanks.

tipp-ex
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 18, 2004, 03:03 PM

it won't let me post a new topic in this forum so my question is here, where it seems most relevent.

Q. what is the php equivalent of a c++ data structure (what is the notation for it) and how can i parse some xml with php (assuming i had the libraries and everything setup) so that i can load the xml into an easily accessible structure in the php?

if someone could explain how do do that *very simply* i'd be grateful.

thanks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules