Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Transfering files from mac to PeeCee

Transfering files from mac to PeeCee
Dyeus
Sep 28, 2004, 10:36 AM

Hi there,

First of all let me start by saying that I searched the forums for a post on this but was unable to find one (I know that there is one somewhere) so therefor I make a new post

Now to my problem... I bought a USB data link to transefer files from my mac Desktop to my mom's laptop however when I connect the link to both computers I cant seem to access the laptop (wich is Windows btw.) the data link does show up in "about this mac" but that is all it does... can someone tell me how to get this to work?

P.S. there is no need for me to look in the manual cause no manual came with the data link

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Sep 28, 2004, 11:35 AM

You should have just got one of them twisted pair cat 5 e(category 5 ethernet) cables then you could make a network between them.
but the answer to your question is you probably you have to mount the pc as a disk by hitting command k in the finder and then entering the pc's ip. I'm not sure though usb networking is a funny thing and I don't know much about it but I do know alot about other network connections. I'm not even sure its possible to network over usb on a mac.

Dyeus  (op)
Sep 28, 2004, 11:40 AM

yeah I got a cable like that yesterday but I couldnt figure that thing out... wanna go back though to ex-change it for that cable again. maybe you could tell me how to set it up for I have no clue

thanks so far for the response

Dyeus  (op)
Sep 28, 2004, 05:50 PM

Found the other posts (yeah search worked for a change OR I did something wrong again, it better be the first one though) and fixed the problem.... what I did was plugged in the cable into the laptop and the mac then went into finder -->go---->connect to server and putted in the ip and pressed connect who needs tech support with forums like these

thank you all

Forum Links
Forum Rules