Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Help Needed Pricing G3 iBook

Help Needed Pricing G3 iBook
Mojo
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 17, 2006, 02:40 PM

In anticipation of the imminent (hopefully) arrival of an Intel iBook, I am considering selling my venerable G3 600MHz iBook. (With a 20" G5 iMac arriving today and a G4 iBook I think we'll be covered...)

I need assistance setting a price for the iBook. It is in very good shape having sat on a desk for its entire life. The drive was replaced (professionally installed) a year ago with a 40GB, it has a brand new NewerTech extra-capacity battery and 640MB RAM. It also has an Airport card, and it isn't clear to me whether I should include it with the iBook or sell it separately.

Any advice would be apppreciated!

RadarBob2
Forum Regular
Feb 17, 2006, 08:28 PM

Try selling it on eBay. I'm shocked at what is being asked for even older iBooks.
bb iBook 300MHz / 278MB / 40GB / OS 10.2.8 / OS 9.2
iBook 700MHz / 640MB / 40GB / OS 10.3.9
iBook 900MHz / 640MB / 40GB / OS 10.3.9
PowerPC 604 / 72MB / 3GB / OS 7.5.5

volcano
Senior User
Feb 18, 2006, 01:02 AM

For the love of everything kind, please include the Airport Card.

I don't know about other eBay iBook shoppers, but I immediately disregarded any iBook that didn't have an Airport (Extreme or not) Card installed, unless the price was decent. Many people think they can "milk it for all it's got" but you'll get more bids if you include it. In the end, I ended up purchasing a G4/800MHz/40GB/512MB RAM iBook without the AE Card because it was such a great price ($475).

Bandit240
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 18, 2006, 02:01 AM

I got my wifes G3 600mhz iBook for $200. Granted that was at a pawn shop full of mac-idiots. Check EveryMac.com, they have a listing of all apples, and current prices.

http://www.everymac.com/systems/appl...ok_600_14.html

Mojo  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2006, 07:06 PM

Thanks for the EveryMac link...that gives me a price range that helps.

Why am I leery of selling it on eBay?

Forum Links
Forum Rules