Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Bug in macbook pro - literally!!!

Bug in macbook pro - literally!!!
phatpat
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 14, 2006, 11:35 PM

Well i was outside and the sun was down,enjoying a smoke with my macbook,i saw one little bug on my keyboard,so i blew it away.I then turned off my keyboard back light,thinking it was attracted to the light.so no more than 2 minutes later i see another bug,i quickly try to brush the ****er off and bam!! no luck!! it went between my keys into my mac! i feel like weeping..has this happen to anyone before? will my mac be ok?

mikochu
Forum Regular
May 15, 2006, 01:10 AM

Can't you pop the keyboard out ?
Michael Reyes | www.mikochu.com | Power Mac G5 DC 2.3ghz, 2.5gb RAM, 320/250gb HD, Dual Sceptre 20" LCDs | MacBook Pro 2.0ghz, 2gb RAM, 80gb HD, 15.2" LCD, booq Vyper M2 sleeve, OGIO No Drag | iPhone 3G 16gb | iPod 60gb (5g), iPod2Car in the car | iPod 20gb (4g) in an iHome in the bathroom :)

MM-o4
Senior User
May 15, 2006, 01:18 AM

well thats it. you need a new mac. but you should send the bug infested one to me so I can make sure the pesky insects are taken care of properly ;P

MM

phatpat  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2006, 04:20 AM

lol ,ok mm-o4,just email me your soul.and mikochu,i have no idea how to pop it out,if it is possible.will my mac be under warrenty if something happens?

jettle250
Banned
May 15, 2006, 08:15 AM

With the temperature the Macbooks run at, the bug'll be long fried by now... I shouldn't worry about it too much!

Zeeb
Mac Elite
May 15, 2006, 11:22 AM

It will probably die and dry out in your computer somewhere or crawl back out. All kinds of bugs crawl into homes and the electronic equipment in them and it doesn't seem to be a huge problem. Maybe get a can of airspray and try to blow it out?

bernt
Forum Regular
May 15, 2006, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by imjohnston
With the temperature the Macbooks run at, the bug'll be long fried by now... I shouldn't worry about it too much!
LOL, I loved how you actually registered at the macnn forum just to make that comment!
PowerBook 15" 1.25G/1G/80G | iMac G5 17" 1.6G/1.5G/300G | MacBook Pro 15" CD2.0G/1.5G/120G | MacBook C2D 2.2G/4G/160G

bernt
Forum Regular
May 15, 2006, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by mikochu
Can't you pop the keyboard out ?
That is easier said than done if the keyboard is mounted similar to the PowerBook (which I believe it is). The keyboard on the PowerBook is fastened with 14 screws (I think) to the top casing, then you have all the screws to get off the top case... Big job for a small bug!
PowerBook 15" 1.25G/1G/80G | iMac G5 17" 1.6G/1.5G/300G | MacBook Pro 15" CD2.0G/1.5G/120G | MacBook C2D 2.2G/4G/160G

zwiebel_
Dedicated MacNNer
May 15, 2006, 01:11 PM

Hehehe, reminds of the spider that found a new home in my flat display. He crawls right between the upper and lower display layer on my desktop. It's actually weird seeing the spidy crawling over my desktop icons.

clebin
Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2006, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Zeeb
It will probably die and dry out in your computer somewhere or crawl back out. All kinds of bugs crawl into homes and the electronic equipment in them and it doesn't seem to be a huge problem. Maybe get a can of airspray and try to blow it out?
To reiterate, that's AIRspray, not hairspray.

Chris

phatpat  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2006, 03:54 PM

thanks for the replies,im gonna get a can of the airspray and see what happens.My MBP does get pretty heated,butI too was thinking bugs had to crawl in other electronical devies i just didnt know,maybe thats why my divx player died on me.ha.

Forum Links
Forum Rules