Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhone Remote app 1.3 and Apple TV update

iPhone Remote app 1.3 and Apple TV update
ccrider
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 25, 2009, 01:30 AM

Apple - iTunes - Remote

Very well done. You can navigate menus completely using the iphone - selecting , searching using iPhone text input, scrolling through menus, etc.

You can also FF/RW by holding your finger on the touch screen, and depending how far right or left you position your finger, the search speed changes.

Also a 2 finger quick left swipe jumps back 10 secs and a quick flip down reveals chapter markers, which then allows you to jump ahead or back chapter by chapter by swiping left or right.

Skipping album tracks is a bit different as a simple quick flick right or left skips tracks rather than having to flick down first. You can still search through a song by the drag/hold method.

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 25, 2009, 02:07 AM

For some reason I want to see 'something' on the remote screen.. I know that doesn't make sense, cause I'm supposed to be looking at the TV, but for some reason it bothers me. I bet I get used to it.

ajprice
Professional Poster
Jun 25, 2009, 10:46 AM

Couldn't they have setup the gesture controls for Front Row on a Mac as well as Apple TV?

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

GORDYmac
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2009, 10:12 PM

Installed when I got in from work. AppleTV is 2 1/2 years old, and Apple is still supporting it with significant updates. Both updates are awesome!

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jun 25, 2009, 10:24 PM

meh ... Boxee on the AppleTV had this months ago.

GORDYmac
Mac Elite
Jun 26, 2009, 07:14 AM

Not interested in hacking here.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jun 26, 2009, 08:29 AM

Installing Boxee barely counts as hacking. But, no matter. I'm just pointing out that Apple was simply playing catchup with this update.

Forum Links
Forum Rules