Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Excel on PDA

Excel on PDA
qnc
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 25, 2002, 11:05 AM

HI guys whats up I need to get an update on a visor delux basic 3HP3 system I have tried docs to go but it only works for a few days

can you recommend a good PDA that can work with macs well and run excel

is there a cheap offer that will give allow me to run that system on my visor
qnctv.com
Take a look...

psionbrian
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 25, 2002, 10:54 PM

Originally posted by qnc:
<STRONG>HI guys whats up I need to get an update on a visor delux basic 3HP3 system I have tried docs to go but it only works for a few days

is there a cheap offer that will give allow me to run that system on my visor </STRONG>

psionbrian
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 25, 2002, 11:14 PM

Hello, qnc

Sorry about the above miscue.

I've been using a Psion Series 3C with PSIMac software. Works fine with Excel and Appleworks spreadsheets, as well as MS Word. The screen is much more adept with spreadsheets than a visor (or Palm), and has a zoom function which allows viewing a useful chunk of the spreadsheet (say 10 columns by 8 rows). The Dataviz translators carry over some formatting and most formulas (probably not macros).

I've also tried Docs to GO; well intended and designed, but I found it useless because of the limited viewing area on the Visor, and the #!/&% grafitti input.

Psion 3C's pop up on eBay pretty often, seem to be going for $100-150 these days.

There are some minor tricks to making it work with OS9, but it can be done easily.

Problem is that while the Psion 3C is still a capable piece of hardware with an elegant and robust OS, it is long out of production. The later Psion's had mediocre Mac support; don't bother.

Bottom line: I run a G3 Firewire PB with OS9.1 and routinely swap spreadsheets (AW and MSXL) between the two, and I'm able to generate and edit on either machine with no worry about incompatability. Most importantly, I can SEE what I'm working on with the Psion 3C. If you value true utility over having "the Latest", consider a Psion 3C with PSIMac.

Hope that this is helpful.

Regards,

Brian

Adam Silver
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2002, 01:54 AM

Originally posted by qnc:
<STRONG>HI guys whats up I need to get an update on a visor delux basic 3HP3 system I have tried docs to go but it only works for a few days

is there a cheap offer that will give allow me to run that system on my visor </STRONG>
Try Documents to Go Professional Edition.

Forum Links
Forum Rules