Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Anybody know as to when Macromedia will release Dreamweaver for OS X?

Anybody know as to when Macromedia will release Dreamweaver for OS X?
neill anblome
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 7, 2002, 02:28 AM

Any guesses?

...by any means necessary

Adam Silver
Mac Elite
Feb 7, 2002, 05:15 AM

They've hinted that it will be available around May.

I think the question that we should also ask is whether it will be a good app or a typical Classic to Carbon hack.

<mojo rising>
Feb 7, 2002, 06:28 AM

It seems Macromedia is taking their sweet time with their major apps...let's hope that translates into a better program...with their commitmant to mac, though, it'll proabably be a hack.

What I want to know, though, is whether or not their will continue to be the Ultra Dev/Dreamweaver differentiation? Go Live includes all the features of Ultra Dev at a much much lower price (and a work group server to boot...which macromedia charges $200 a user for). In order to remain competitive, Macromedia needs to either, lower the price of Ultra Dev (drastically) or just consolidate the 2 apps at Dreamweaver's price point. Otherwise, there is just no reason to upgrade or buy Macromedia's product.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 8, 2002, 12:42 AM

Originally posted by Adam Silver:
<STRONG>They've hinted that it will be available around May.
</STRONG>
Where did you see this? Not that I'm disputing... it's just that I've been trying to get word on this for months and haven't seen anything. Was it in a press release or an interview?

KidRed
Professional Poster
Feb 8, 2002, 09:09 AM

Well, they also said all their major apps out before July. The words were, profit in the 2nd quarter which means new apps will be out in the 2nd quarter. That means April-June.
All Your Signature Are Belong To Us!

beb
Mac Elite
Feb 10, 2002, 11:13 AM

Is there any way to determine whether or not they will announce Dreamweaver 5 at a tradeshow, seminar, or simply issue a press release. I'm still hopin for a late March or early April rollout.

godzookie2k
Mac Elite
Feb 11, 2002, 01:59 AM

the MM suites will be out within the next two months I've heard. But please, do not make it sound like MM has (as much as I dislike em) abandoned the mac platform, etc etc, Its not like they have released it for *any* platforms.

Oh, and flash 6 looks like a doozy.

Nick

Forum Links
Forum Rules