Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > PowerPoint export to QuickTime ...

PowerPoint export to QuickTime ...
jgcan
Forum Regular
Jan 3, 2004, 07:24 PM

Hi, I did not know to much where to post this but here it is ...

I am new to Macs and just bought a PB. At work, I am a pharmacist, we are preparing some formation for nurses (multidisciplinary project) and we want to put it on a DVD. I am in charge of collecting the work of the other members to make that DVD with iDVD.

They all work on PC's and made their part on PowerPoint (made mine on Keynote exported to QuickTime, added narration in iMovie ...).

I need to transform their parts to movies to work in iDVD and I heard there is the option to export to QuickTime with PowerPoint v. x (but not with the PC version of PowerPoint). I don't have PowerPoint v. x and don't want to buy it just to make this export of their files.

Is there someone that have it that would be kind enough to convert their .ppt file to the best QuickTime format as possible for me?

If someone is interested to do that for me, please contact me:

jgniquet "at" videotron.ca

symonsl
Jan 3, 2004, 08:15 PM

Why not import the PPT into Keynote and then create the Quicktime?

jgcan  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 3, 2004, 08:21 PM

Originally posted by symonsl:
Why not import the PPT into Keynote and then create the Quicktime?
Because their narration is synhronized with the builds of their ppt presentation and when you try to import their ppt files in Keynote you loose that, it defaults to play the narration first then let the builds appear .... It is just because I loose that narration syncro part, otherwise you are right everything would be fine.

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 3, 2004, 09:40 PM

can you add the narration back in iMovie the same way you did your own?

jgcan  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 3, 2004, 10:11 PM

Originally posted by Uncle Skeleton:
can you add the narration back in iMovie the same way you did your own?
It would be too much work, meaning that when you export to QuickTime with Keynote, you have to choose a fixed length of time for the slides and the builds. But their narration is not based on a fixed length for slides and builds, it would mean to try to do a bunch of cut, copy and paste of the movie to extend or reduce some parts to match the audio. Nothing is impossible but what a waste of time when everything had already been done and could be easily "exported/converted" right away with PowerPoint. I hope Keynote add this kind of feature in the next release.

Anyone with PowerPoint v. x please?

symonsl
Jan 4, 2004, 08:46 PM

Originally posted by jgcan:

Anyone with PowerPoint v. x please?
I've sent you an email

Forum Links
Forum Rules