Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Grand Prix - Outrage and German Chances

Grand Prix - Outrage and German Chances
Developer
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 4, 2004, 11:47 AM

With regard to the Grand Prix in Melbourne: I think it's an outrage that Schumacher doesn't have no. 1 status any more, and Barrichello is allowed to drive against Schumacher. Ross Brawn must be out of his mind. This guy is ruining Formula1.

With regard to the Grand Prix in Istanbul: Mia is possibly participating for Germany. Do you think she has a chance to win? Do you like her song?

http://www.viva.tv/player/frameset.p...adsl&focus=off
Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: "Hey! how do I get across?" "You are across!" Nasrudin shouted back.

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 4, 2004, 12:25 PM

god how i wish more then just NASCAR would be televised over here with out paying for speed vision.

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Mar 4, 2004, 12:26 PM

Originally posted by Developer:
With regard to the Grand Prix in Melbourne: I think it's an outrage that Schumacher doesn't have no. 1 status any more, and Barrichello is allowed to drive against Schumacher. Ross Brawn must be out of his mind. This guy is ruining Formula1.

With regard to the Grand Prix in Istanbul: Mia is possibly participating for Germany. Do you think she has a chance to win? Do you like her song?

http://www.viva.tv/player/frameset.p...adsl&focus=off
Melbourne: I think its an outrage that they still keep the Ferrari name on that car without keeping any Ferrari spirit in it. Enzo loved to see his two drivers racing hard against each other and if he was alive today he would probably kill himself if he saw what the Ferrari team has become. But do you have a link for that article? Since team orders are illegal, Ferrari won't come out and say that MS is the #1 but I don't think there is any doubt that he is the #1...just look at his reliability over the last few years. His last mechanical failure was in Hockenheim 2001. Rubens has had quite a few in that time span.

Istanbul: I have no idea what this is

Fozz_uk
Forum Regular
Mar 4, 2004, 01:42 PM

<snip>
Well personally I feel that it's outrageous that anyone else at all is allowed to race against Scumacher. I mean, he's #1 now, why should they be allowed to challenge that? </sarcasm> :rollseyes:

FFS! Formula 1 got a huge boost last season by actually having some competition. Why should Barrichello be made to pull over whenever Schumi appears in his mirrors?

Personally I feel that Schumacher should be forced to tow a caravan while racing...
Yadda, yadda, yadda...

MacBook | 2GHz C2D | 1GB | 120GB | 10.5.1 |

Developer  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 4, 2004, 01:57 PM

Originally posted by Agasthya:
Melbourne: I think its an outrage that they still keep the Ferrari name on that car without keeping any Ferrari spirit in it. Enzo loved to see his two drivers racing hard against each other and if he was alive today he would probably kill himself if he saw what the Ferrari team has become. But do you have a link for that article? Since team orders are illegal, Ferrari won't come out and say that MS is the #1 but I don't think there is any doubt that he is the #1...just look at his reliability over the last few years. His last mechanical failure was in Hockenheim 2001. Rubens has had quite a few in that time span.
I don't have an article. It was on tv news that Schumacher lost no. 1 status and Barrichello can drive as he wants to. I know that team orders are officially illegal, but I think Schumacher earned his no 1 status, and making Barrichello an equal partner just threatens another championship. Why is Ferrari doing such a foolish thing?
Istanbul: I have no idea what this is
The Grand Prix de la Chanson en Eurovision (sp?) is an international singing contest. For Germany probably Mia will participate. Wanted to know what others think about her chances compared to their country's participants.
Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: "Hey! how do I get across?" "You are across!" Nasrudin shouted back.

willed
Professional Poster
Mar 4, 2004, 02:59 PM

Melbourne: I think its an outrage that they still keep the Ferrari name on that car without keeping any Ferrari spirit in it.
I think the major part of the 'Ferrari Spirit' which it has retained is that it's ****ing fast. Oh, and it's red

jorgem4
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 4, 2004, 03:11 PM

Finnaly some justince at Ferrari! Barichello is an excellent driver and yielding to Schumi to take the win is an ofence to the fans! Like in 2002 in Austia (i think) well I felt ripped off that day! Waking up at 7 am on a sunday morning to feed my passion for F1 and find my self at the end of the race ofended in the last lap!
One thing to keep in mind, is that last year there was no team orders at Ferrari and Schumi was closer to lose the title! This season will be different!

Fuerza Juan Pablo, Colombia esta con tigo!

ASIMO
Mac Elite
Mar 4, 2004, 03:21 PM

Some kind being, please save us from NASCAR as being the premier and essentially *only* show in town (of USA, that is).
I, ASIMO.

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Mar 4, 2004, 04:17 PM

I don't have an article. It was on tv news that Schumacher lost no. 1 status and Barrichello can drive as he wants to. I know that team orders are officially illegal, but I think Schumacher earned his no 1 status, and making Barrichello an equal partner just threatens another championship. Why is Ferrari doing such a foolish thing?
I am a firm believer that quality will always shine through. If Michael is really that much better, he doesn't need team orders. If Rubens is faster, he deserves to win. But its fun to see racing throughout the field, makes it more exciting.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 4, 2004, 05:57 PM

Easier, Ferrari has 4 (four) cars on the grid, two reds and two named Sauber, so they need at least two #1 drivers, but both have red overalls.

Rubinho allowed to drive against MS?, never!, you are talking about the modern Ferrari, not the old one. This one totally sucks!.

dillerX
Professional Poster
Mar 4, 2004, 06:25 PM

Originally posted by G4ME:
god how i wish more then just NASCAR would be televised over here with out paying for speed vision.
SPEED Vision is now SPEEDTV, and televises almost exclusively nascar now.

They do carry some other things, but they knew to stay alive, they needed NASCAR. Especially considering FOX owns them now.
I tried to sig-spam the forums.
ADVANTAGE Motorsports Marketing, Inc. • speedXdesign, Inc.

Developer  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 6, 2004, 03:08 PM

I am a firm believer that quality will always shine through. If Michael is really that much better, he doesn't need team orders. If Rubens is faster, he deserves to win. But its fun to see racing throughout the field, makes it more exciting.
I don't understand how the Schumacher critics can still deny that he is an exceptional driver. No other driver has won more F1 championships than he. And he is on pole position again. I hope it will be an interesting race.

Fozz_uk
Forum Regular
Mar 6, 2004, 04:07 PM

I don't understand how the Schumacher critics can still deny that he is an exceptional driver. No other driver has won more F1 championships than he. And he is on pole position again. I hope it will be an interesting race.
He is an exceptional driver, though I think if you had put Kimi or Juan Pablo in a Ferrari a couple of years ago they would also have won at least one championship by now.

As he's such an incredible driver then he does not need his team-mate to pull over and let him win...again. Don't you find it ever so slightly tedious watching Scumacher win all the bloody time?

Yadda, yadda, yadda...

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 6, 2004, 06:19 PM

schumacher is a quick driver on a quick car, just that, he is not the
best, titles do not tell it all, and less inside the j.t. ferrari era
with the fia biased to them, schumy sportman of the year?, what the hell!?, he does not know what sport man means !?, elegant!? LOL, remember his last year�s title celebration, come on little boys, wanna be a schumy?

same goes to rubinho, yesterday an average driver, today a winner of several G.P., is the car who overtakes, not the driver, at least if the driver is not a totally moron

there are exceptional and talented drivers out there, I would pick KIMI and ALONSO before than schumy once and once again

btw, I hate to see pseudo drivers that get a F1 wheel only due to theirs budgets, hope those pseudo drivers do not cause a tragedy

but really, who cares... people want that ferrari win again and again because that is their whole knoweledge about F1, thanks to bernie and max, such pair of suckers

come on!, first race is almost here!, that are good news, the only ones...

Developer  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 6, 2004, 06:50 PM

Originally posted by Fozz_uk:
He is an exceptional driver, though I think if you had put Kimi or Juan Pablo in a Ferrari a couple of years ago they would also have won at least one championship by now.
In the Ferrari of a few years ago maybe, but in the Ferrari of 10 years ago? Never. But Schumacher could. It was his personality that helped rise a mediocre Italian chaos team into the Ferrari we know now. It's easy to settle into a made nest; Schumacher didn't. Other teams have almost identical budgets and the "exceptional Kimi", yet they fell into the midfield. That's not just all incidental.
And the Benetton certainly was not the best car yet Schumacher won two championships in it with just minor cheating.

Developer  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 6, 2004, 06:54 PM

Originally posted by angelmb:
schumacher is a quick driver on a quick car, just that, he is not the
best, titles do not tell it all, and less inside the j.t. ferrari era
First it's "talent will always shine through", now it's "titles do not tell it all". You guys need to decide.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Mar 7, 2004, 03:19 AM

Hockey is the only real sport.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Mar 7, 2004, 03:57 AM

In the Ferrari of a few years ago maybe, but in the Ferrari of 10 years ago? Never. But Schumacher could. It was his personality that helped rise a mediocre Italian chaos team into the Ferrari we know now. It's easy to settle into a made nest; Schumacher didn't. Other teams have almost identical budgets and the "exceptional Kimi", yet they fell into the midfield. That's not just all incidental.
And the Benetton certainly was not the best car yet Schumacher won two championships in it with just minor cheating.
Schumacher does not build the cars. He does not fine tune the engines. Hell, he doesn't even do the majority of the testing. The real root of Ferraris success is Rory Bryne, Ross Brawn, Paolo Martinelli, and Jean Todt. Without those four men, Michael would be lounging in the midfield.

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Mar 7, 2004, 03:59 AM

Originally posted by angelmb:

come on!, first race is almost here!, that are good news, the only ones...

What a joke of a race. Ferrari even had Rubens back off with "brake problems" when he was getting close. Isn't it a bit odd that he seems to have a monopoly on Ferrari mechanical problems?

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 7, 2004, 05:46 AM

The Benetton was a terrific good car with a terrific traction control in the days that tc was banned He has the last great ford engine and then the superb Renault engine, even Johny Herbert could win a race with that car. That was not just minor cheating my friend.

About Kimi, review last season and check the facts.

Schumacher does not build the cars. He does not fine tune the engines. Hell, he doesn't even do the majority of the testing. The real root of Ferraris success is Rory Bryne, Ross Brawn, Paolo Martinelli, and Jean Todt. Without those four men, Michael would be lounging in the midfield.
I can not say it better.

Anyone cares about Renault and Alonso?, such a EXCEPTIONAL driver with that beauty car. If as seems, Renault have increased the engine power with the 72� V10 made by the same dude that did the middle 90s Renault engines, plus reability, I would care about them.

But well, after all I am here to catch friends, not enemies, so I hope you all enjoy the season giving your strong support to your team. Hope that this will not be a canibalized season as 2002 was.

Developer  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 7, 2004, 09:31 AM

Sure, Schumacher had nothing to do with it.

Fozz_uk
Forum Regular
Mar 7, 2004, 12:28 PM

Sure, Schumacher had nothing to do with it.
FFS! Although Schumacher is a sublime driver you have to realise that in this day and age the car is still the deciding factor. Stick Schumi in a Minardi/Jordan/Sauber (or even a McLaren?) and he would win nothing. That's a fact I'm afraid.

Pay attention to the in-car TV shots and you'll see how little Schumi has to fight the car, look at Ferrari's pitstops, notice how quick, neat and precise they ae compared to, say, Montoya's, be aware of how well Ferrari's Bridgestone tyres performed in that race. It's just insulting to attribute all a team's success to one man.
Yadda, yadda, yadda...

Macfreak7
Mac Elite
Mar 7, 2004, 03:20 PM

No one will ever recall or even acknowledge the wins Schmacher had with Benetton, esp. not the critics!

I really can't believe the responses by "non-ferrari" fans on here. I mean, if Montoya for example wins a race or does well I wouldn't deny it, or trivialize it by saying "ohh it's not him, it's the car". Sheesh, no good sportsmanship anymore thesedays. Sad.

Anyway, I think it's great to see Renault back up in the competition, Alonso seems to have some potential. Also, bridgestone needs better results from the other teams. Tyres are going to be a deciding factor on quite a few tracks as we saw last season.

cenutrio
Mac Elite
Mar 7, 2004, 10:59 PM

MS is not just an exceptional driver, but he is also brilliant when tuning not just a car, but a whole team around him.

He did it in Ferrari winning the championship after almost 20 years of total failure of extremely good drivers as Mansell, Berger, Alesi, or the superb Prost.

He made Benetton champion twice.

He has broken most records and he is still pretty young.

--

I used to cheer up for Hill or Hakkinen back in the days when they challenged him just because I do not like the guy.

But we have to recognized his merits.

--

Alonso may be a potential challenger in the near future. He is fast and he knows how to get all the juice from his still infant Renault.

Montoya may be fast, but he has no clue how to make such a strong Willians/BMW contender faster. He may have been good in the Indy, but he is average in the F1.
-original iMac, TiPB 400, Cube, Macbook (black), iMac 24¨, plus the original iPod and a black nano 4GB-

Developer  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 8, 2004, 07:49 PM

Good post, cenutrio!

Originally posted by cenutrio:
Alonso may be a potential challenger in the near future. He is fast and he knows how to get all the juice from his still infant Renault.
Ralf Schumacher is going to Renault now next saison. Don't know what that means for Alonso. He's promising.

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Mar 8, 2004, 08:10 PM

Ralf Schumacher is going to Renault now next saison. Don't know what that means for Alonso. He's promising.
Yeah I read this a few hours ago. I'm VERY surprised at this. I don't know if I buy it yet; might have to wait until the contract is actually signed until I actually believe this because it makes so little sense for Renault.

Ralf is not a great driver. Late last year when they were discussing his contract with Williams, he came to the press and said that he had an offer from McLaren AND Toyota. Both these teams denied it, and of course McLaren went on to sign Juan Pablo. Toyota said that they would take Ralf over Coulthard, but denied making any offers to him, only that HE approached them.

The reason that Ralf isn't resigning with Williams is because he wants a crapload of money and Williams won't cave in to his demands. Ralf was banking on support from BMW (the original reason he got a top drive) but he seems to have fallen out of favor with them as well. Mario Theissan said this weekend that they don't need Ralf and that there are better drivers out there. Renault is a team that is constantly calling for cost cutting measures and now apparently they have gone out and given Ralf a nice sum of money! In addition, Renault has some amazing drivers under contract already: Fernando Alonso, Jarno Trulli, Mark Webber, and Franck Montagny. They were in such a favorable position with their driver situation that they let Sebastian Bourdais go last year.

If its true, more power to Ralf. He turned a bad situation into a great one. Willi Webber truly is the best manager in F1, he gets things to happen when no one else can (but he couldn't get Frank Williams to cave in ). There will be some amazing battles on the track next year between Juan Pablo and Ralf if this deal happens -- they hate each other and Ralf is tired of hearing that he can't overtake and drive competitively for a whole season.

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Mar 9, 2004, 11:38 AM

From Autosport.com

Briatore denies Ralf's Renault link
No contract discussions in Melbourne, says Renault chief

Renault has not discussed a drive with Schumacher, says Briatore

Renault's Formula 1 team principal Flavio Briatore has shot down a story in the German media that Ralf Schumacher will drive for the team in 2005.

Tuesday's edition of German tabloid Bild featured quotes from Schumacher's manager Willi Weber, saying: "Every point of the contract has already been discussed. The signing of the contract is now a mere formality."

Briatore, however, has denied this subject has been discussed, but did admit that he spoke to Weber in Melbourne.

"I saw Willi Weber in Melbourne," said Briatore, "And we certainly talked to each other � we are friends, so that is perfectly normal. However, at no time did we discuss, or have we discussed, a possible future for Ralf Schumacher in a Renault car."

Weber's quotes are viewed as an attempt at increasing the pressure on Williams to reopen contract talks with Schumacher Jr, which stalled after the Japanese Grand Prix, and are probably also aimed at German car manufacturer BMW to exert its influence to keep him on board.

Weber has been noticeably quiet on the subject of a potential deal with Toyota, where many F1 pundits believe Ralf will eventually end up for 2005.

Developer  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 9, 2004, 12:01 PM

Ew, Toyota. They have a giant budget now, but apparently no idea how to implement it.

I already said that Michael Schumacher's personality was a large contributing factor to the rise of Ferrari. And as confident as I am that that was true, I am confident that Ralf is not able to pull a similar thing at Toyota. We need to face the bitter truth; he's a dork.

If Weber doesn't stick him into a winning car to begin with, he can bury his dreams of a championship.

legacyb4
Mac Elite
Mar 9, 2004, 12:05 PM

If Ralf does move and Alonso is still driving regularly, all it means is that he has to wait patiently while Ralf trashes his own car every other race... Ralf may be fast and aggressive, but he's way too inconsistent race to race, IMO.

Good post, cenutrio!

Macbook (Black) C2D/250GB/3GB | G5/1.6 250GBx2/2.0GB
Free Mobile Ringtone & Games Uploader | Flickr | Twitter

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 9, 2004, 01:03 PM

Renault is not that stupid to get such a moron.

Louis Schweitzer said once: "If all the leading automakers are committed to what is the most demanding motor sport of all, it's because it is a powerful means of conveying an image worldwide. Formula 1 is a laboratory for precision, reliability and progress that can be measured in real-time and in public. Of course, the only way to benefit is to win. And Renault hasn't returned to Formula 1 simply to take part, but to win."

Louis Schweitzer himself would kick Flavio Briatore�s ass if he comes with that "average and most hoverhyped driver" in the F1. Well, F.B. is that stupid really.

Developer  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 21, 2004, 04:37 AM

Rather good race in Malaysia. So far Schumacher is doing well even though he lost number 1 status.

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 21, 2004, 05:02 AM

The Grand Prix de la Chanson en Eurovision (sp?) is an international singing contest. For Germany probably Mia will participate. Wanted to know what others think about her chances compared to their country's participants.
We call it the Melody Grand Prix too, but the English name is the Eurovision Song Contest, so not really a Grand Prix

Is that link the song she'll be contesting with? It's pretty good for a ESC song - at least it's not in English! I wonder if we're in it again this year... can't even remember if we pulled our impressive 0-pointer last year or the year before that...

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Mar 21, 2004, 05:53 AM

Originally posted by Ois�n:
We call it the Melody Grand Prix too, but the English name is the Eurovision Song Contest, so not really a Grand Prix

Is that link the song she'll be contesting with? It's pretty good for a ESC song - at least it's not in English! I wonder if we're in it again this year... can't even remember if we pulled our impressive 0-pointer last year or the year before that...
It's only been called "Eurovision Song Contest" since last year or so. Before that, it was "Grand Prix de la Chanson en Eurovision", or some such foreign snot.

Oh, and Mia thankfully will NOT be participating. She may be nice enough, but the song is annoying as hell, and her yelling needs to stop.

-s*

hagheid
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 21, 2004, 06:36 AM

To make these yawnfests mildly interesting, the Drivers could sing in the Eurovision & the Singers drive in the European Grand Prix.

Cipher13
Mar 21, 2004, 08:54 AM

I already said that Michael Schumacher's personality was a large contributing factor to the rise of Ferrari.
Schumacher has a personality? News to me...

hagheid
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 21, 2004, 09:01 AM

Originally posted by Cipher13:
Schumacher has a personality? News to me...
I think he escaped from Blade Runner.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 21, 2004, 09:18 AM

Rather good race in Malaysia. So far Schumacher is doing well even though he lost number 1 status.
please dev, do not allow the press guys fool you, schummy is ferrari #1, to think about another option is just silly. He knows it, jean toad knows it, brawn knows it, rubinho knows it, EVERYONE know it.

Developer  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 21, 2004, 12:08 PM

Originally posted by Ois�n:
Is that link the song she'll be contesting with? It's pretty good for a ESC song - at least it's not in English!
Unfortunately she didn't win the national pre-contest yesterday. So Germany will be participating with Max.

rtsp://rd01.t-bn.de/ondemand/etvgmbh...il_tonight_.rm

Kind of crappy if you ask me.
I wonder if we're in it again this year... can't even remember if we pulled our impressive 0-pointer last year or the year before that...
I din't know China was participating. This continental drift thing gained a scaring pace.

Chemmy
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 21, 2004, 12:17 PM

Originally posted by olePigeon:
Hockey is the only real sport.
You and I are now friends.

Real racing (WRC, F1, LM) is cool though.

1.25ghz 15" PowerBook

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Mar 21, 2004, 01:47 PM

Unfortunately she didn't win the national pre-contest yesterday. So Germany will be participating with Max.

rtsp://rd01.t-bn.de/ondemand/etvgmbh...il_tonight_.rm

Kind of crappy if you ask me.
I like it a lot better, but that's personal taste.

The other aspect is that Mia just *sucked* during the competition. She just wasn't good.

And Max can sing.

Plus, I dig the whole Let's-beat-that-generic-superstar-idol-maker-mr. fuller-at-his-own-game story of how Max got to be candidate in the first place. The SSDSGPS finalists were almost all really quite excellent.

-s*

Developer  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 21, 2004, 02:08 PM

Mieze was cuuuuuute!

And if you like SSDSGPS, Bonita is a much better singer than Max - and a gorgeous woman. Granted, Max has an interesting singing style, but it goes on the sack quickly.

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 22, 2004, 01:11 AM

I din't know China was participating. This continental drift thing gained a scaring pace.
Hahaha! Sorry, but that was really funny!!! No, of course China's never competed in the Eurovision Song Contest

But your very own Northern neighbours from Denmark have

Developer  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 4, 2004, 09:07 AM

Rather good race in Bahrain.

Ralf also managed to finish ahead of Montoya. One day the younger Schumacher will be remembered as "The Genius".

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2004, 09:10 AM

Rather good race in Bahrain.

Ralf also managed to finish ahead of Montoya. One day the younger Schumacher will be remembered as "The Genius".
HA. Ralf was way behind Montoya until Montoya's car broke.

Developer  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 4, 2004, 09:52 AM

HA. Ralf was way behind Montoya until Montoya's car broke.
I was being sarcastic. Again he made too many mistakes today.

ajprice
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2004, 01:28 PM

Good race. Bahrain did a good job all round, there was actually some overtaking in the race, so, red cars apart, it wasn't a procession. Anyone know why Barichello is 'under investigation' with Trulli, the camera's didn't get anything and Barry said nothing in the conference afterwards.

Personally, I like seeing McLaren being rubbish, usually it's just Coulthard, but the whole team have joined him this year in a collective bout of crapness .

Patrick Head summed up what Ralf did... "It was a bloody mess!"

One more thing...

Go Jenson, go Jenson

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2004, 02:07 PM

I was being sarcastic. Again he made too many mistakes today.
My bad. Sorry. I was just so irritated this morning from Montoya's car failure. It also didn't help that I woke up at 6am to watch that nonsense

Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2004, 02:39 PM

It also didn't help that I woke up at 6am to watch that nonsense
Repeat after me... TiiiiVVVooooooo

Time change last night, no worries

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 4, 2004, 02:40 PM

Originally posted by ajprice:
Good race. Bahrain did a good job all round, there was actually some overtaking in the race, so, red cars apart, it wasn't a procession. Anyone know why Barichello is 'under investigation' with Trulli, the camera's didn't get anything and Barry said nothing in the conference afterwards.

Personally, I like seeing McLaren being rubbish, usually it's just Coulthard, but the whole team have joined him this year in a collective bout of crapness .

Patrick Head summed up what Ralf did... "It was a bloody mess!"

One more thing...

Go Jenson, go Jenson
Rubens did a bad maneuver over Jarno in the pits, of course Rubinho avoid to talk about it.

Same goes to Sato with Ralf, yes, this time was not Ralf�s fault!

You like McLaren being rubbish?, great F1 fan!, oh wait, go jenson?, are you a Sun reader?, Jenson, the all new Beckham on wheels It was a Renault driver, so I know about him.

YARR� (yet another red race) today.

To have in mind:
Renault�ll have a new spec engine on Imola, more power for the best chassis out there.
McLaren�ll have the MP4.19B asap running, too late?
Honda is back... with Michelin tyres.
Where is Toyota?.

Real F1 fans out there?, I can count one, maybe two.

ajprice
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2004, 05:19 PM

angelmb:-

I don't read the Sun.

I saw the Sato/Ralf move, I saw it as Ralf not giving Sato space when he was plainly side by side with him, Ralf should have left a car width space as Coulthard did. Like I said...Patrick Head..."A bloody mess".

Jenson Button: I support him, he's a British driver and he's getting good results in a good car. I didn't compare him to Beckam, you did, if you want to be that shallow about this, carry on.

Yes, I like McLaren being crap, they behave as if it's their right to be the best. When something happen's that they don't like they generally moan, complain and bitch about it until they get their way. I don't want to see Ferrari 1-2 results all year as much as the next guy, but it's the other teams job to beat them, not Ferrari's or F1's job to slow Ferrari down. McLaren get the same time pre season and between races as all the other teams, and now they are starting to admit that they are not the best this year, instead of making excuses about it. Ron Dennis (officially the most smug person in F1) admitted that they are not going to get better until new parts come in Spain until then they will have to "grin and bear it".

Nevermind Toyota, what happened to Jordan? They've really been figting their way to the back of the grid over the past couple of years.

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

Forum Links
Forum Rules