Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > CP won't trickle

CP won't trickle
virex
Dec 6, 2004, 01:08 PM

climate won't connect to any of the servers. i'm using the boinc gui for windows on my work laptop and it refuses to connect to any of the cp.net schedulers. anyone else having problems?

climateprediction.net - 2004-12-06 12:06:13 - Master file parse failed
climateprediction.net - 2004-12-06 12:06:13 - Could not contact any schedulers for http://climateprediction.net/.
climateprediction.net - 2004-12-06 12:06:13 - Could not contact any schedulers for http://climateprediction.net/.
climateprediction.net - 2004-12-06 12:06:13 - Deferring communication with project for 1 weeks, 2 days, 9 hours, 45 minutes, and 7 seconds

opps, while trying to fix it i ended up detaching...oh well, looks like i got the credit, just gotta start over on a new model :/
( Last edited by virex; Dec 6, 2004 at 01:27 PM. )

stupidcat
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 6, 2004, 03:31 PM

Hi virex

Just a note to say I had a similar probem with cp on Sun. I had quit the terminal and when I tried logging back with cp, got a msg same as you, could not contact cp scheduler. finally quit messing with it and just started up setiathome by itself. been running that since. Will try to get cp 'attached' maybe later today.
Jake

Shaktai
Mac Elite
Dec 6, 2004, 10:12 PM

They had an outage as per below
The machine hosting climateprediction.net at the Open Uni was compromised about 5am on Saturday morning, bringing down the entire OU website. [Very serious for them as they need their students to login at all times.] They managed to isolate the attack to a particular DMZ within the university, and closed that down for the weekend. They've since traced it to the machine hosting climateprediction.net. They're working on it now, but we'll be moving the site to another machine. In the mean time we'll be putting up a place-holder page today with some fairly minimal information. The BOINC forums, upload servers, etc are still functioning as normal - only the website and the phpBB forums are down. These are (we believe) fully backed up, so we don't think we've lost any data. The OU are currently conducting a security audit of the relevant systems, and are trying to get everything up and running again - the attack knocked out quite a large part of KMi's network, so there's quite a bit for them to fix. We hope to have everything back to normal in a day or two. We'll continue to post updates as they become available.
While apparently most servers are working, there were some problems resulting in the error messages you received.

virex  (op)
Dec 7, 2004, 12:36 PM

well this time i attached with the full address, not just the climateprediction.net addy.

seems to be more reliable

Forum Links
Forum Rules