Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iphoto import problems

iphoto import problems
b.trovato
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 6, 2006, 04:48 AM

i am having problems importing sd memory card photos taken with a canon sd10 using a lacie card reader into iphoto on a minimac os10.4 either it doesn't recognize the reader, or recognizes it but gets stuck on the spinning beach ball then won't eject the reader either from the pull down or dragging to trash. out of 20-30 attempts have actually gotten 2 or three photos into iphoto but mostly what i have got is forced quits. i have reformated the cards & tried different usb ports. the reader & memory cards work fine on an old 9.1 ibook using picture viewer. thanks for any help and sorry if this should be in peripherals!

iamdravenman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 6, 2006, 06:49 AM

Sorry if you have tried this, but what about not importing them directly? If your card is visible in finder, why not try to drag the photos into a folder somewhere easily accessable on your HD, then import from that folder?

Again, sorry if you have already tried that.
My favorite game in the whole world is Dark Castle... er... Beyond Dark Castle!

Forum Links
Forum Rules