Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Battlefield 3

Battlefield 3
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 9, 2011, 11:14 AM

I'm starting a thread for this based on this trailer.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jun 9, 2011, 11:23 AM

The game is gorgeous.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 9, 2011, 11:24 AM

Settle down, Beavis, that's obviously PC footage.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jun 9, 2011, 11:29 AM

Doesn't matter. I pre-ordered weeks ago.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 9, 2011, 11:30 AM

Surprise!

(PS3, I assume)

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jun 9, 2011, 11:38 AM

Well...

I pre-ordered it on PS3, then switched it to 360 after my Battlefield-addicted friend seemed to have a stroke when I told him. He made a convincing argument.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 9, 2011, 11:39 AM

My logic was 360 = CoD friends, PS3 BF. A stab in the dark.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jun 9, 2011, 11:43 AM

If MW3 is coming out Nov. 8, I think I'm going to wait to buy BF3 until later. No way can I play MW3, SR3 and BF3 all at the same time, even if they are all end in 3's. Or I might not even buy BF3, considering ME3 is coming in early 2012.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 9, 2011, 11:46 AM

MW3 wins by default. It'd have to be a summer of brutal revelations for it to take a backseat to BF3 (which releases a week earlier).

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jun 9, 2011, 11:52 AM

Nope. BF = 360 friends. Really, all my PS3 friends are into exclusives, primarily Uncharted and Killzone.

Why does MW3 get the benefit of the doubt? Is the CoD formula still not getting stale? Oh god...you guys are signing up for Elite, aren't you?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 9, 2011, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
Why does MW3 get the benefit of the doubt? Is the CoD formula still not getting stale?
Because we played BC2 and it was awful.

Oh god...you guys are signing up for Elite, aren't you?
We're not you, we need to see what it offers first.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Jun 9, 2011, 12:48 PM

Not enough dinosaurs.

Needs more dinosaurs.

How about playable dinosaurs?

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 9, 2011, 01:21 PM

Why does MW3 get the benefit of the doubt? Is the CoD formula still not getting stale?
I've done CoD UO, CoD2, CoD4, WaW, MW2, Black Ops and I will be doing MW3 (and before those I did Castle Wolfenstein and Doom). I'll give those twats Activision the benefit of the doubt. Not stale for me, I've even spent the last few weeks re-playing MW2.

Doubt that I will, I have a house to pay off now.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 9, 2011, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Settle down, Beavis, that's obviously PC footage.
Lets hope that EA don't fook up the BF3 stuff on Xbox like Activision fooked up the MW2 stuff on PC.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jun 9, 2011, 02:14 PM

Because we played BC2 and it was awful.
BC2 was far from awful.

It also received many online game of the year awards over CoD:BO.

We're not you, we need to see what it offers first.
Weren't you the one advocating speaking out and making a difference when companies try to rip everyone off, yet the angst over CoD: Elite is nonexistent while Bungie offers much of the same for free?
Also: HOMEFRONT HOMEFRONT HOMEFRONT HOMEFRONT HOMEFRONT!!!

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
I've done CoD UO, CoD2, CoD4, WaW, MW2, Black Ops and I will be doing MW3 (and before those I did Castle Wolfenstein and Doom). I'll give those twats Activision the benefit of the doubt. Not stale for me, I've even spent the last few weeks re-playing MW2.
*mouth agape*

Doubt that I will, I have a house to pay off now.
Hey, congrats!

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 9, 2011, 02:23 PM

BC2 was far from awful.

It also received many online game of the year awards over CoD:BO.
You're not listening. We all shuffled over to saint's house for a couple nights and took turns playing it online. None of us liked it. The mechanics, the modes, the maps.

Halo: Reach is a good game too, but it doesn't matter if you can't stand the gameplay.

Weren't you the one advocating speaking out and making a difference when companies try to rip everyone off, yet the angst over CoD: Elite is nonexistent while Bungie offers much of the same for free?
Well, now we know where MW2and Black Ops' stat tracking went.

It's difficult not to jump to conclusions. I'd have to assume that the stat tracking will be free and be at least as good as bungie's, though I don't put it past them to hide some of the better features of it behind a paywall.

What I do expect from the paywall (aside from DLC) is HD Youtube videos (Also, MW3 Theater confirmed?). My biggest issue is from the sounds of things this service will cost as much as XBOX Live Gold, and at $60 a year, I better be getting more than $30 worth of overpriced map packs and a few Youtube videos. (I also have to wonder what their incentive will be for you to subscribe year round. Or what limits will be placed on the DLC should you cancel the premium service)

Ball's in your court, Satan.
Call of Duty Elite enlisting 'Hollywood talent' to create web TV series | Joystiq
"We have engaged some top Hollywood talent to create linear video content that will be exclusive to Elite members," Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg tells the Guardian. "That content is inspired by Call of Duty."
Hey Activision, if you think this will justify more than 5¢ worth of whatever awful price you're going to charge each month, think again.
That's non-existent angst? (and what part of "need to see what it offers" is unreasonable?)

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jun 9, 2011, 02:32 PM

MW2 was my first CoD and I didn't bother with Black Ops, so it's definitely not stale for me.

I'll probably sign up for the free part of it, I think I heard there is a free part, similar to HALO's free web part.

BUT, I would still like to check out BF3. I'll probably AT LEAST download it's demo. Unlike Dakar and his group, I haven't checked out BF, yet.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 9, 2011, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
MW2 was my first CoD and I didn't bother with Black Ops, so it's definitely not stale for me.
I own 2 CoD games and finished 3.

1. MW1 - Borrowed the game from my brother, beat the campaign on veteran but never played online.
2. WaW - Finished the campaign on easy and got halfway through veteran before I gave up. Infinite spawning and grenade spamming got old real quick. Played a little bit of Nazi zombies online.
3. MW2 - Finished the campaign on veteran and played a shitload of multiplayer online.

I didn't bother with Black Ops because Treyarch was involved (lesson learned from buying WaW). I will definitely pick up MW3 but it will probably be my last CoD game. The franchise is starting to feel a little stale.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 9, 2011, 03:22 PM

MW1 is still worth playing online (or it was 4 months ago)

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 9, 2011, 03:40 PM

I'll still probably pick up BF3 - IF (and thats supposed to be a very large if) the reviews on Xbox are good. Wonder if my 3 year old Elite will be up to it.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 10, 2011, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by mduell View Post
Not enough dinosaurs.

Needs more dinosaurs.

How about playable dinosaurs?

Now I get it.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 10, 2011, 10:11 AM

Is the CoD formula still not getting stale?
Not to answer this question twice, but my dislike of Black Ops was also so strong that I've played 1/3rd as much as MW2 (if not less). I took the latter half of December off to play Assassin's Creed, then gave up sometime in February in anticipation of Homefront. After Homefront's failure, I gave up CoD altogether. I've played a handful of times since then, all but one match being MW2. Which still tastes great.

So technically, I'm fresh as a daisy, compared to last year.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jun 10, 2011, 01:05 PM

If MW3 is even "good," I'll get it. I'm just not as excited about it as I was MW2. I've never been a shooters-first guy, so I tend to get burnt out on them earlier than people who tend to stick within the genre. Black Ops ended up feeling very monotonous.

Battlefield 3 just has me more excited, and I think it's because I got into BC2 really late, around when the Vietnam DLC released. The experience was different enough that I got drawn in, but didn't play long enough to wear myself out on it.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 10, 2011, 02:38 PM

I don't care about the rest, but I would like to know if you still stand behind this comment.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jun 10, 2011, 03:12 PM

Nope.

I was wrong.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 14, 2011, 10:49 AM

Third time's the charm: That's exactly what the Homefront fiasco was. Desperate to leave Black Ops we ran to KAOS' shooter. Then we found out what a less than AAA title feels like and back into COD's arms we run.

Demonhood
Administrator
Jun 14, 2011, 07:18 PM

I'm greatly anticipating this one. I even "upgraded" my bootcamp partition to Win7. And I hate spending any amount of time with windows installers.

badidea
Professional Poster
Jun 20, 2011, 10:26 AM

I pre-ordered weeks ago.
Me too (but for PC/Bootcamp)!
I just think that I'll need a new Mac until the end of october... (my MBP 2.66GHz, Radeon 9600GT with 512MB won't do it anymore)

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 20, 2011, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by badidea View Post
Me too (but for PC/Bootcamp)!
I just think that I'll need a new Mac until the end of october... (my MBP 2.66GHz, Radeon 9600GT with 512MB won't do it anymore)
Min specs call for more than a 512M graphics card? DAMN !!

badidea
Professional Poster
Jun 21, 2011, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
Min specs call for more than a 512M graphics card? DAMN !!
I don't know but BF BC2 is already hard to handle for my MBP!

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 23, 2011, 02:24 PM

NeoGAF - View Single Post - Battlefield 3: E3 2011 Gameplay Trailers [Console Footage Debuting Thursday]

Random stuff
Sprint. There seems to be unlimited stamina. You can strafe(slightly) while sprinting, which is pretty nice.
Weapon lights. Can be turned on/off via a hotkey(L). Blinds people at close range. Other player's lights are seen as a glowing dot at long range.
Vaulting. When approaching an obstacle you can press space to climb/jump over it. This seemed to work on everything I tried it on. You can not fire while the animation plays(around 1 second). Jumping is still ingame if for some reason the vaulting isn't working on something.
Deviation. Deviation feels pretty good for a vanilla game. As always it's stance-dependant. When hipfiring it's accurate enough to take out people close to you, but that's it. When aiming down the sights you can kill people are range quite effectively. Snipers/marksmen are most accurate, assault rifles in the middle and undeployed machine guns last, however deployed machine guns felt more accurate than assault rifles. When jumping you get maximum deviation, and it takes a second or two to settle again. When going prone you get this animation thing that moves your view around a bit, but the crosshair stays tight. I tried it against a wall, and since the animation is not random it's easy to compensate and fire at the intended spot while going prone. So prone diving works pretty much. However it may just be that they haven't added the deviation increase yet.
Deploying weapons. Machine guns can be deployed on most surfaces like walls, windows and different kinds of cover, as well as when being prone. When prone or standing/crouching next to a deployable surface you just right click once and he folds out the bipod. That locks your weapon to the surface and you can swiwel around the bipod itself(which looks nice) in a limited arc(100ish degrees maybe, could be dependant on the surrounding objects). You can fire via the crosshair or scope in for added accuracy. To un-deploy you just move away from the position.
Rockets. The two rocket weapons on this map were both unguided, and seemed to be fairly accurate with not much drop. Explosion radius was enough to kill guys at maybe 1-2m but nothing extreme(BC2 CG, I'm looking at you).
Squadleader. There were 1 SL per 4 man squad. There was no squad selection/creation menu(yet?) so it was random. The SL was the only player in the squad you could spawn on.
Commo-rose. No commo-rose or communication tool to be seen anywhere. Probably not implemented yet. At the closed presentation we were on before the play test the devs there got asked if BF3 would have a commo-rose a la BF2 or a context sensitive key a la BC2(which means one key, and depending on what you're looking at/doing it gives a different message). He said the commo-rose is awesome, but was prone to causing spam in BF2. He couldn't give a full answer due to the marketing plan they have(gameplay details/news to come at GamesCon btw), but I interpreted the rest of his somewhat dodgy reply as that they were aiming for something in between the commo-rose and the BC2 system.
Spawning. You could spawn on either the team's main spawn or your SL. When having the SL selected your camera spectates him until you spawn. I spawn killed a few guys and spawned too close to the action a few times myself when using the team spawn, so we'll see if they improve this somewhat.
Melee. Melee is BC2 style, i.e. a melee key and no knife in the inventory. I never got to melee anyone(sadface) but my friend got one and said it triggered some animation where he grabbed the enemy and slit his throat in a cinematic fashion. Unknown if it's always like that or only in some situations. I personally hate being helpless because I have to spend several seconds caught in a knifing animation with no way to abort.
Damage. Rifles seemed to kill in around 4-5 shots. LMGs felt the same. Snipers(or marksmen really) in 2-3 shots. This is all non-headshot. So somewhere in between vanilla BC2 and BC2 hardcore.
Hit Detection. The hit detection felt solid and I didn't notice any shenanigans, but it was a local LAN game after all.
Sounds. The sounds were very nice. Really. A bit less cinematic than BC2(which is good imho), and more sharp, snappy or crisp than many other games. And as always there were echo and other sound simulation effects that changed depending on the location.
Medicing. Press 3 to throw a medic box on the ground, which in turn heals people in a radius around it. Press 4 to pull out the defibrillators, then use them on a dead guy to revive. When being revived you start prone, and you're blurry and unarmed for a second or two. It would also appear that you don't auto-heal to full health, more like 80-90% or something.
Vehicles. There were only one vehicle on the map, and I didn't get to use it. It went down real quick seeing as half the team was playing as engineer because of the ironsight weapon the class got. However my friend managed to get in a LAV-25 that was stuck(lulz), and he reports that driver/gunner is shared and that thermal can be activated via right click.
Fire selector. You could switch between single fire, burst or automatic depending on the weapon by pressing V. Not much to say really, it works and can be nice to have although I prefer running on auto and doing manual single fire.
Destruction. The destruction felt a bit toned down from BC2. You blow parts off of walls and stuff, but it took some shooting. When I fired an RPG at a guy in a window, it left a hole approximately 2x2 meters in the wall. I never got to see a building collapse. Overall you could notice that the destruction was there, but it didn't feel like it was the main focus of the game, like in BC2. Less gimmick and more gameplay.
HUD. The HUD can be seen in videos and stuff like that, so I won't go into detail. But generally it felt pretty unobtrusive and it showed the important stuff. The minimap was decent, but not perfect - I'd prefer a more map-like one over the stylish one. And there was no way to bring up a big map. However they keep insisting, like so many other new games, to block my view with these damn score popups.

Suppression. There is some form of suppression implemented in the game, but my vision didn't get impaired every time I got shot at - more like just a few times. Likewise, I only got points for suppressing(yes, you do get that..) after killing a guy a few times despite me killing a lot of guys. I'm not sure what's going on here, but if you can't suppress people every time by shooting at them I fail to see the point. Gimmick or bug?
Mods. They got asked about mod tools at the presentation, and like we already know there are currently no plans for them. They will look into it post-release
Reloading. This is a nice one. If you still have a round in the chamber and press reload, you do a quick reload and just put in a new mag, while if you're completely empty the animation is longer because you need to chamber a new round. Because of this 31 rounds of ammo in total is possible(30+1). Strange thing is that you spawn with that as well - I'd like to see 29+1 as default.
Animations. Animations looked really nice. Reloads were fairly accurate and the running/climbing stuff looked motion capped or at least equally realistic.
E-Sport. They were very secretive, but they hinted at them doing more for E-Sport with BF3 than with previous titles.
Servers. There will be dedicated servers. No word on if it's only through GSPs, but unfortunately I find that likely.
Scopes. The scopes were in 3D and looked nice, but they zoomed the whole screen and not just the area in the sight :/
Prone. It's prone. You're crawling on the ground. Bit nicer movement animations than previous games though.
Ammo. The support class can throw an ammo box on the ground by pressing 3(or 4) which then re-supplies everyone in range. Disappears after a while and the player gets a new one.
Graphics. It looked kinda like in the trailers, albeit a bit smudgy or something that I can't quite put my finger on. It's quite possible that they had it turned down slightly for gameplay purposes, since a pre-alpha game isn't fully optimized yet.

Conclusion

So what did I think of the game? Well you probably noted that I mentioned Bad Company 2 as a reference several times. That's simply because they are very similar. In a good way though, because this feels like an improved BC2 in pretty much all aspects. If you liked BC2, you'll probably need new pants after playing BF3 - and if you despised BC2, you'll probably be sorely disappoint. The gameplay is fast, action packed and at times a bit spammy. However because it did feel more like Bad Company than Battlefield 1942/Vietnam/2/2142, I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed. But maybe that's just me being nostalgic, and not willing to accept that newer games just wont feel like the older ones?

So will Battlefield 3 be the shizzle? Well I can't answer that question. Why? Simply because the BF3 I'm waiting for is a game with 64 players, a combination of air, ground and infantry working together on big(ish) conquest maps. This demo version had only one of those things - infantry. So guessing what the other components are like is as hard for me as it is for you. What I can say though is that for a vanilla BF game, the infantry part felt very nice, and the 40 minutes I spent in the BF3 area flew by and my heart was pumping for a good while after getting back to my regular seat. So considering this, and if the other parts are equally fun, this game could turn out really good in the end.
I italicized what caught my eye.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 30, 2011, 03:25 PM

Well, both this and MW3s PR campaign dried up in the wake of E3. Guess it'll be another month yet before they start the hype machine rolling again. Here's to hoping for leaks!

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jul 1, 2011, 01:05 AM

I'm going to have a lot of trouble balancing multiplayer time this winter. Uncharted 3, MW3, Battlefield 3...I'm guessing one of these titles isn't going to get much love, and it will probably be BF3. Uncharted 3 is a no-brainer, and more of my friends on XBL will be on MW3 than Battlefield.

Also, I'll have a newborn baby to take care of.

I just realized my gaming life as I know it is over...

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 1, 2011, 09:33 AM

I thought we told you that as soon as you announced it?

Anyway, of course it'll be BF3. Unless MW3 turns out to be a disaster.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 8, 2011, 02:36 PM

Trying to keep the interest alive...
Battlefield Blog

Engineers are returning in Battlefield 3, bringing back the class in charge of making repairs to the various vehicles on the battlefield. On the other hand, the Engineer is very adept at taking down vehicles as well – this class includes RPGs that can take down armored targets that can’t be destroyed by bullets alone, or even building facades that enemy combatants may be using to take cover. Add the fact that an Engineer’s arsenal includes Carbine weapons, you get an extremely versatile multiplayer class that can truly move like a butterfly and sting like a bee.

The Support class makes its return in Battlefield 3, incorporating the ability to use light machine guns and can lay down heavy fire, allowing him to become a serious mobile weapons platform. “Support has always been about heavy infantry firepower from his LMG,” says Alan Kertz, Senior Multiplayer Designer at DICE. “It’s a role that we’ve wanted to feel different than Assault’s running and gunning.”

This brings us to two new features in Battlefield 3: Bipods and Suppressive Fire. Bipods have a very practical use, especially for LMGs, as they provide a substantial increase in stability while laying down a base of fire. Bipods can be deployed anywhere by zooming in with your LMG when prone, or when standing/kneeling in front of suitable supports, such as a window sill. The stability created by deploying a Bipod gives players a massive boost in accuracy and recoil reduction. You’ll be able to unload an entire clip of 200 bullets from your LMG with great accuracy without even letting go of the trigger, all thanks to the Bipod.

Suppressive Fire is a new in-game mechanic that changes how you can play the game. When you lay down fire in close vicinity to an enemy, the incoming barrage will show up as a graphical blur effect on his screen to stress him and let him know it’s not safe to pop out from behind cover. Just as importantly, this mechanic also affects his character’s in-game firing accuracy, making him less of a threat by using real world tactics. Better yet? You get team play experience points for doing so!

“Supported shooting with Bipods and Suppressive Fire finally allows us to achieve an obvious difference between Assault and Support, since the heavy LMGs are not terribly mobile,” explains Kertz. “When deployed with a Bipod, they become an incredibly powerful force. Suppressive Fire forces the enemy to keep their head down and lets the Support gunner pin his enemies in place so teammates can flank.”

Love him or hate him, Recon is the long range sniper class for Battlefield 3 who excels at gathering intel while on the battlefield. His sniper scope gives this class a distinct view of the battlefield, making Recon particularly suited for spotting enemies as seen in Battlefield: Bad Company 2, ensuring your entire team can see the locations of spotted members of the opposing team. “Recon traditionally has been seen as just a sniper,” Kertz said. “We wanted to change that perception, so we’ve built several completely new teamplay oriented gadgets specifically for the Recon class so he can be a team player, even if he’s sitting on the top of Wookie Mountain.” We’ll talk more about these toys and how they work in a blog post a bit further down the road.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 20, 2011, 04:43 PM

Alpha invites just went out and footage is already leaking.

Get 'em while they're hot:

‪Battlefield 3 APLHA GAMEPLAY‬‏ - YouTube

‪Field of Battle 3 gameplay‬‏ - YouTube

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jul 21, 2011, 12:36 AM

First linked video has already been removed.

The second? Looks awesome. Getting me interested again.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 21, 2011, 08:40 AM

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 21, 2011, 08:51 AM

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 21, 2011, 09:11 AM

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 21, 2011, 12:45 PM

http://www.abload.de/img/lameqtmx.gif
A not-so-subtle reminder that this stuff still doesn't match Red Faction levels of destruction.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 26, 2011, 01:26 PM

I didn't post the insane influx of videos this weekend, but here's a full game of Rush:
‪◄83► BATTLEFIELD 3 (BF3): FULL ALPHA RUSH GAME + SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS (1080p)‬‏ - YouTube

Also, here's a screenshot of a sniper rifle sans scope:

So, time to post some Alpha impressions (as worthwhile as they might be to read from someone who has only watched an hour or two of gameplay and read a thread on NeoGAF)
• Grenades can't be cooked
• Knives are only one hit kills from behind (and supposedly only when equipped rather than quick knifing)
• Health is a displayed number at the bottom right
• The flashlight can be quite blinding
• RDS is now projected in front of you, both giving you away and acting as an in-game crosshairs. It can also temporarily blind people when shone in the face
• Health regens
• Vehicle health also regens, as long as its not disabled
• Revives can be accepted/declined

Crap, I stepped away from this thread for lunch. Don't be surprised if a double-post occurs later today.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 26, 2011, 04:51 PM

DICE: Battlefield 3 console maps more 'compact' | Joystiq
Another compromise, he said, is the construction of more "compact" maps. Maps will be smaller than their PC counterparts, though he assures players "it's not that we have cut them in half," but rather compacted them "slightly to keep the action up."

Bach mentioned Battlefield Bad Company 2 as a point of reference, noting that its maps "weren't really small on console." Having spawned at the base with no vehicles many times, we'd be hard-pressed to disagree. Speaking of vehicles, Bach did confirm that jets will be available in the console version, so virtual pilots can rest easy.
I'm a little perturbed, and I wonder what exactly this means. Did they move boundaries in, or did they scale the maps? Oddly, sounds like the latter.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jul 26, 2011, 10:49 PM

That makes absolutely no sense. I can't wait to figure out what this means.

Also, it seems like they're tinkering a bit too much with the Battlefield formula. Battlefield is built around large-scale battles on large-scale maps, emphasizing deliberate strategies over running and gunning. It seems like they're inching closer to CoD with every news story that comes out, and that's not going to set well with their established fans.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 27, 2011, 10:01 AM

That makes absolutely no sense. I can't wait to figure out what this means.

Also, it seems like they're tinkering a bit too much with the Battlefield formula. Battlefield is built around large-scale battles on large-scale maps, emphasizing deliberate strategies over running and gunning. It seems like they're inching closer to CoD with every news story that comes out, and that's not going to set well with their established fans.
I think the PC fans are safe (they bitched about TDM anyway, what a bunch of pansies).

But as for the latter, works for me!

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 16, 2011, 02:57 PM

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 16, 2011, 04:32 PM

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 22, 2011, 11:22 AM

*crickets*

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 22, 2011, 12:04 PM

It looks good to me, but I'd like a console video please. Lets see how preeetty your new engine looks then.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 22, 2011, 12:08 PM

Could it really look so bad that you wouldn't want based on that fact alone? I think not.

Forum Links
Forum Rules