Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > ISync won't launch in Tiger

ISync won't launch in Tiger
amishp
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 10, 2005, 09:11 PM

hey,

i've searched for this problem but could not find anyone with the same problem i am having.
i just upgraded to Tiger over the weekend and now Isync wont launch. when i double-click on the app, it bounces in my dock for a couple seconds and then closes. I've tried deleting it and installing the ISync 1.5 from apple.com but that wont work either.

I am a mac newbie so the only thing i can think of to fix this is to re-install tiger.

someone, pleaseeeeeeeeeee tell me theres another way. i would really really appreciate it!

thanks,
amish

bells0
Dedicated MacNNer
May 11, 2005, 09:32 AM

I have exactly the same problem. Put Tiger on my Powermac and sync works fine, put it on my ibook and it wont open, opens for a sec then disapears. Any help appreciated.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
May 11, 2005, 09:44 AM

What kind of upgrade did you do ? Try Archieve & Install, if that doesn't work, try a clean install after backing up your personal home folder.

-t

bwahahax
Forum Regular
May 11, 2005, 10:16 AM

This started happening to my after I installed 10.3.8 (or maybe .9). Hope it doesn't happen when I upgrade to Tiger. One of the small things I was looking forward to was being able to sink my contacts and calendar with my iPod. Oh well, even if iSync doesn't work, at least I'll be able to do it with the new version of iTunes.

CatOne
Mac Elite
May 11, 2005, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by amishp
hey,

i've searched for this problem but could not find anyone with the same problem i am having.
i just upgraded to Tiger over the weekend and now Isync wont launch. when i double-click on the app, it bounces in my dock for a couple seconds and then closes. I've tried deleting it and installing the ISync 1.5 from apple.com but that wont work either.

I am a mac newbie so the only thing i can think of to fix this is to re-install tiger.

someone, pleaseeeeeeeeeee tell me theres another way. i would really really appreciate it!

thanks,
amish
iSync was replaced in Tiger. iSync doesn't do anythign anymore. It's been replaced with sync services... go to the Sync tab in .Mac in System Preferences.

bells0
Dedicated MacNNer
May 11, 2005, 12:32 PM

i did a clean install, erased and then imported my old settings

cant get .mac to even register the machine, is weird, shows my idisc space and how many days i have left, but try and sync and it says the comp is de-registered?! try register, nothing happens.

drivin me nuts - help!

bells0
Dedicated MacNNer
May 11, 2005, 12:33 PM

ps the old isync still syncs my mobile phone, so not redundant!

amishp  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 11, 2005, 09:34 PM

i did an archive and install for tiger. would i be able to do the archive and install again or do i have to clean out the harddrive completely? i went to the .Mac in system preferences and it says that i need to register. Do i have to have a membership for .Mac to access sync services?

thanks again
amish

Forum Links
Forum Rules