Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Leopard web clips work on tiger?

Leopard web clips work on tiger?
zeebe
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 23, 2006, 10:21 AM

Does anyone know if the web clips made with Leopard will work with Tiger? My friend is a developer who has leopard preview and I want to have a web clip of a web page (www.goodsearch.com) that shows a tally of how much money we have raised. He has it on his computer running just fine, but when he tries it in 10.4.7, it won't work, so he doesn't want to send it to me. Has anyone else tried this and gotten it to work?
Thanks

Support a charity as you search the Internet - Use GoodSearch - I support Sacred Heart School.

jasong
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2006, 02:28 PM

It sounds to me like you know the answer to your own question. If your developer friend can't get it to work, what do you expect the rest of us to do?
-- Jason

zeebe  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 23, 2006, 02:40 PM

I was wondering if anyone else had tried it. There could be many reasons for why it didn't work on his machine. He has an older machine right now. There could be a problem with his install of 10.4.7. I was just asking for someone who was a developer to try it. Why did you reply? Other then to be snooty about it.

Support a charity as you search the Internet - Use GoodSearch - I support Sacred Heart School.

Catfish_Man
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2006, 02:55 PM

It will not work.

zeebe  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 23, 2006, 04:41 PM

OK Catfish, thanks. Just wondering, did you try it too and it was a no go?
Thanks

saddino
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 23, 2006, 04:56 PM

Instead, you can download the Dash Clipping widget. It's a dashboard widget for Tiger that is a simple implementation of Leopard's Web Clips (written right after the developer saw the WWDC Keynote).

Forum Links
Forum Rules