Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > hitler was a very affectionate man..

hitler was a very affectionate man..
wtf_reporter
Forum Regular
Sep 11, 2004, 06:42 PM

--------
the best there is

voyageur
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2004, 06:50 PM

I think he did well as long as there was unquestioning loyalty.

realitybath
Forum Regular
Sep 11, 2004, 06:52 PM

to kill alot of people, you'd need to convince one group of people that another group of people should be killed. (sheep help wolves kill sheep?)

your not going to be able to do that if your killing every person you come across.

So, the formula is:

hate
hate
hate...

ferment..

hate
juvenile love
hate
juvenile love
juvenile love....

kill, kill, kill....
slaughter
kill, kill, kill...

Have noted painter paint your likeness for posterity..

kill, kill, kill...

die.

storer
Mac Elite
Sep 11, 2004, 06:56 PM

WTF_Reporter, from what I have seen of you so far, i think you live up to your name.

Secret__Police
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 12, 2004, 12:37 AM

If Hitler had been a little more succesful selling his $h!tty paintings he probably would of enjoyed the Hedonistic society of Germany in the 30's.

Sven G
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2004, 05:45 AM

Originally posted by Secret__Police:
If Hitler had been a little more succesful selling his $h!tty paintings he probably would of enjoyed the Hedonistic society of Germany in the 30's.
Probably that's one part of a possible psychological explanation. Another one could be that if one limits oneself to the "private" sphere as for emotions, etc., then the public sphere suffers so much as to become completely corrupted - thus eventually corrupting almost the whole society. Hitler wasn't created in a social vacuum: how could people become so devoid of humanity as to blindly follow those nazi-fascist "leaders" (actually cowards)? Is some pesudo-Freudian (boiling down to "man is essentially evil", in a few words) explanation enough, really? What the f�ck happened in that obscure era?

Interesting questions, also because today's situation is dramatically similar to that of an incipient neo-fascistic society, unless something positive happens.

The freedom of all is essential to my freedom. - Mikhail Bakunin

PacHead
Baninated
Sep 12, 2004, 05:48 AM

Originally posted by Sven G:

Interesting questions, also because today's situation is dramatically similar to that of an incipient neo-fascistic society, unless something positive happens.
And which society might that be ?

effgee
Caffeinated Theme Master
Sep 12, 2004, 05:50 AM

Uhmm ... you surely meant "the Hedonistic society of Austria in the 30's" ... ...he was rejected as unqualified by the Vienna Academy of Fine Arts in October 1907 ...

Sven G
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2004, 05:56 AM

Originally posted by PacHead:
And which society might that be ?
Hehe: guess...

(Not the general populace - mainly the political class.)

PacHead
Baninated
Sep 12, 2004, 06:04 AM

Hehe: guess...

(Not the general populace - mainly the political class.)
Yeah, I figured that would be the answer.

As for ridiculous societies with silly policies, take a look at your own. And I don't just mean your country, but yours and quite a few other european countries. You guys are making the same mistakes you did, oh about 60 odd years ago, in your reaction to some short, ugly man with a stupid haircut, and a retarded mustache, and the way you all bent over backwards inorder to appease the madman.

Where are bombs blowing up every now and then in the past few years ? Not here, that's for sure.

Sven G
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2004, 06:11 AM

Yeah, I figured that would be the answer.

As for ridiculous societies with silly policies, take a look at your own. And I don't just mean your country, but yours and quite a few other european countries. You guys are making the same mistakes you did, oh about 60 odd years ago, in your reaction to some short, ugly man with a stupid haircut, and a retarded mustache, and the way you all bent over backwards inorder to appease the madman.

Where are bombs blowing up every now and then in the past few years ? Not here, that's for sure.
Of course: the madness of Europe in that time period indeed is in the very topic of this thread (and, BTW, you could also consider Mussolini and Stalin, and other similar tyrants) - but that doesn't mean the US were/are better! We are all equally bad, potentially, IMHO, as long as there isn't a substantial, participatory freedom in all our countries...

PacHead
Baninated
Sep 12, 2004, 06:17 AM

Of course: the madness of Europe in that time period indeed is in the very topic of this thread (and, BTW, you could also consider Mussolini and Stalin, and other similar tyrants) - but that doesn't mean the US were/are better! We are all equally bad, potentially, IMHO, as long as there isn't a substantial, participatory freedom in all our countries...
Actually, I made a mistake - - - You're from Italy. Italy is with us, and they have balls. I was confusing you with one of your neighbors.

As for freedom, I'm free to do whatever I please, so you should lay off the conspiracy sites, if that's where you get your ideas.

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2004, 07:56 AM

Although Hitler is obviously not someone you want to showcase as an example.

He did take a devastated country and bring them to world power in less then two decades.

That's rather amazing. If he hadn't been so crazy... Germany may have won (scary thought of the day)

effgee
Caffeinated Theme Master
Sep 12, 2004, 08:23 AM

Originally posted by mitchell_pgh:
... He did take a devastated country and bring them to world power in less then two decades. That's rather amazing. ...
Really not that amazing ... between Hitler simply
  • implementing plans that were developed during the brief time of democracy in the Weimar Republic
  • putting the unemployed to work for "free" (which is not much different from forced labor)
  • and him stealing more than just a fortune from the Jewish population when all their corporate and private assets, etc. were confiscated
not much of the "Führer's" already dim light remains. As far as "positives" go, he didn't accomplish sh!te. A deranged, thieving, mass-murdering fückhead with a rare talent for "marketing" which enabled him to morph the peoples' (mostly economical) fears into hatred - that's the extent of it.

The Oracle
Dedicated MacNNer
Location: Mt. Ararat, chillin' with Noah in the Ark's broken hull.
Sep 12, 2004, 09:40 AM

so the US government of the 1930s and 40s was no better than Stalin's and Hitler's governments? Is that what you're saying?

All-seeing and all-knowing since 2000 B.C.

voyageur
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2004, 09:58 AM

Originally posted by effgee:
Uhmm ... you surely meant "the Hedonistic society of Austria in the 30's" ... ...he was rejected as unqualified by the Vienna Academy of Fine Arts in October 1907 ...
Exactly. This is important as he was most definitely influenced by the events and culture in pre-World-War-I Vienna. A fascinating time period to study.
Regarding Hitler's rejection from the Arts Academy, here's some more psychological grist for the mill: one of the reasons he was rejected was that he didn't paint people. Only buildings. His paintings were quite conventional compared to other art of the times. Perhaps this was the source of Hitler's virulent anti-modernism during the Nazi era.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Sep 12, 2004, 10:27 AM

There have been songs written about stuff like this. I'm trying to remember who wrote it, but there was a song a few years ago entitled "Even Hitler Had a Girlfriend", with the song being easily summarized as "SO WHY THE **** CAN'T I GET ONE?!"
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2004, 10:42 AM

Originally posted by Millennium:
There have been songs written about stuff like this. I'm trying to remember who wrote it, but there was a song a few years ago entitled "Even Hitler Had a Girlfriend", with the song being easily summarized as "SO WHY THE **** CAN'T I GET ONE?!"

phoenixboy70
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2004, 10:49 AM

You're from Italy. Italy is with us, and they have balls.
LOL. why? because berlusconi supports the us?

fat chance. most italians are VEHEMENTLY opposed to the bush regime and its "foreign policies".

phoenixboy70
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2004, 11:10 AM

i think you are talking about the 20s, aren't you? a great time to live in! this period has shaped our political thinking up until today. a lot of parties, art, events...

that all changed in the 30s, when the great depression hit germany as well.

the problem with hitler in regards to his paintings was that he wasn't an "artist"! i mean, can you imagine hitler, picasso and miro "hanging" out and talking about surrealism. LOL.

modern art was everything hitler was NOT about. he was just an average joe, who liked to "paint stuff". i think him being "rejected" from the world of the arts added to his frustration and anger towards the left and its involvment in art (most artists of the time were either communists or anarchists).

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2004, 02:16 PM

You should buy this shirt:

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2004, 02:27 PM

hitler in homes and gardens in 1938

http://www.guardian.co.uk/germany/gr...075414,00.html

Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2004, 07:03 PM

Originally posted by wtf_reporter:
towards his dog and his secretary!
Yea, he used his dog to test the poison before he drank it...

What a freakin' loser

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2004, 07:11 PM

My understanding was the Hitler also had Giant Schnauzers. It is a breed that I love dearly. Not sure what happened to him, but power tends to corrupt absolutely.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2004, 10:19 PM

TheBadgerHunter
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2004, 10:49 PM

Originally posted by wdlove:
My understanding was the Hitler also had Giant Schnauzers. It is a breed that I love dearly. Not sure what happened to him, but power tends to corrupt absolutely.
He was an incredibly evil person, but that wasn't his unique quality. The very fact he could rise to power shows the greatness he had.. unfortunately that and the whole evil thing.. unfortunate combo.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2004, 10:55 PM

Hitler was a little miniscule, evil, anti-capitalist, anti-Jew, anti-black ****er.
As far as numbers go, Stalin ranks in at 42 million, 2x what Hitler did. But that's just numbers. Both are equally evil.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 13, 2004, 02:51 PM

Originally posted by wtf_reporter:
towards his dog and his secretary!

go figure!
Looking at all your posts in the last hours, are you bored ?
Or are you just trying to +1 ?

-t

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Sep 13, 2004, 03:01 PM

Originally posted by Millennium:
http://mr-t-experience.letras.terra..../letras/27301/

The site is in Spanish, but the lyrics are in the original English.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

jcadam
Mac Elite
Sep 13, 2004, 03:15 PM

Originally posted by CreepingDeath:
Hitler was a little miniscule, evil, anti-capitalist, anti-Jew, anti-black ****er.
As far as numbers go, Stalin ranks in at 42 million, 2x what Hitler did. But that's just numbers. Both are equally evil.
The chief difference between the two was that Stalin was smarter and quite a bit less insane.

But just as evil, yes.
Caffeinated Rhino Software -- Education and Training management software

Randman
Posting Junkie
Sep 13, 2004, 03:20 PM

Hitler was Catholic, a vegetarian and was freely elected in an open and democratic society. He also had a thing for his cousin and reports have said he was into S&M and being defected and urinated on (including his cousin).

And those things, just like the rest, really have little bearing on his rule as an evil and despotic tyrant.

Stalin had the clap, but so did JFK.

PolPot was a teacher. Mao liked deflowering really, really young virgins.

You could probably go through the ranks of history and find enough good and bad things about anyone. But taking instances here and there is like seeing the trees but not the forest.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

TheBadgerHunter
Mac Elite
Sep 13, 2004, 03:21 PM

He was on his way to conquering europe. Takes a bit more than evil to accomplish that.

I would say someone who murders a single person is just as bad.

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 13, 2004, 03:30 PM

Originally posted by Randman:
Hitler was Catholic, a vegetarian and was freely elected in an open and democratic society. He also had a thing for his cousin and reports have said he was into S&M and being defected and urinated on (including his cousin).

And those things, just like the rest, really have little bearing on his rule as an evil and despotic tyrant.

Stalin had the clap, but so did JFK.

PolPot was a teacher. Mao liked deflowering really, really young virgins.

You could probably go through the ranks of history and find enough good and bad things about anyone. But taking instances here and there is like seeing the trees but not the forest.
Actually Hitler despised Christianity.

http://answers.org/apologetics/hitquote.html

Randman
Posting Junkie
Sep 13, 2004, 03:42 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
Actually Hitler despised Christianity.[/url]
That doesn't mean he wasn't Catholic, or at least raised in that faith, if not a practicing member.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 13, 2004, 03:46 PM

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 13, 2004, 03:51 PM

Originally posted by Randman:
That doesn't mean he wasn't Catholic, or at least raised in that faith, if not a practicing member.
He certainly wasn't practicing.

One of the main goals of the Nazi party was to scatter and destroy Christianity.

Hitler liked to dabble in the occult however.

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Sep 13, 2004, 04:08 PM

He certainly wasn't practicing.

One of the main goals of the Nazi party was to scatter and destroy Christianity.

Hitler liked to dabble in the occult however.

Bingo! He was an occult little Wagner lover.
He hanted Christianity, but used it as a photo-op and a cover for his occult beliefs. If you hate Jews, ya gotta hate Christians, because the Christians read the OT as well as the Jews. Christianity's roots are in the OT. The NT was added, but the moral foundation was still there. And he would alienate his German base.
It's like at the Olympics. He had to put on a big show to distract from the real life. During the Olympics, people said he snubbed Owens in the Olympics. No, he didn't. Would such a diabolic man with a staff of propagandist let Hitler show his hatred in a crowd, the Olympics no less? I read the exact opposite straight from Jesse's mouth. In real life, yeah, I bet Hitler hated Owens, but wouldn't show it in a propaganda event.

Besides, where do you think postmodernism has its roots?

phoenixboy70
Mac Elite
Sep 13, 2004, 04:13 PM

Besides, where do you think postmodernism has its roots?
what? do you have any idea WTF you are talking about? do you even know what post-modernism is?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 13, 2004, 04:38 PM

Originally posted by phoenixboy70:
what? do you have any idea WTF you are talking about? do you even know what post-modernism is?
No, I don't think he does.
That comment could not have been more wrong...

-t

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Sep 13, 2004, 04:47 PM

Postmodernism is a cultural trend of the last 75 years. Let's say your talking about politics alone, then there are a few things I remember. One was that personal identity is a myth and that it is determined by the culture and ethnicity. laws are masks of power, human-centered values are put in with a corrupt Western civ, and language and reason are questionable. Not an expert, but that's what I remember about it, as far as politics goes.

OT, but for the Rammstein sig. I assume you're German, but please tell me you're not using the song for politics, when they say it isn't. They're okay, wish they were more complex, need better drumming, etc. But they're better than any Ministry, KFMDM, Manson ********.

Disagree or whatever, don't forget the other points about Hitlers faux Christianity. [Why did I just use faux? Pansy word. Let's just call it fake.]

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 13, 2004, 04:52 PM

Postmodernism is a cultural trend of the last 75 years. Let's say your talking about politics alone, then there are a few things I remember. One was that personal identity is a myth and that it is determined by the culture and ethnicity. laws are masks of power, human-centered values are put in with a corrupt Western civ, and language and reason are questionable. Not an expert, but that's what I remember about it, as far as politics goes.
So far, so good.

I still don't see where Hitler was specifically pomo.
His "One Reich fits all" mentality was definitely not very pomo...

-t

CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Sep 13, 2004, 05:18 PM

Originally posted by turtle777:
So far, so good.

I still don't see where Hitler was specifically pomo.
His "One Reich fits all" mentality was definitely not very pomo...

-t
Whew.
It's been awhile since I've sat down and read a book specifically one one ideology. If I had the time I would.

Connections can be made between such relativistic philosophy and Nazism. Not hand in hand back then, but oddly adopted by this very liberal time period.
It's kind of like voting for someone with 6/10's of your view. Not definite, but definitely something behind it.
Ezra Pound is another mystery.

JohnnyAppleseed
Forum Regular
Sep 13, 2004, 05:50 PM

Jeffery Dahmer was a fairly good chef in his spare time.

What a waste of talent. And don't even get me started on John Wayne Gacy Jr. and his lost career as a circus clown.

phoenixboy70
Mac Elite
Sep 14, 2004, 03:52 AM

Connections can be made between such relativistic philosophy and Nazism.

where is the connection? "NAZISM" IS THE EXACT 100% opposite of "relativism".

LOL. "nazism" is everything BUT post-modernism. totally different time period, AND completely different PHILOSOPHICAL core.

post modernism is all about "pluralism", "patchwork", "inclusiveness", and "individuality". everything the nazis dispised, .

if you want to read up on post modernism i'd suggest you read some derrida or roland barthes. they had VERY little to do with a "fascist mindset".

think "deconstruction", "collage" and the truth being arrived at through various sources, rather than "one".

Ezra Pound is another mystery.

ezra pound was a "modernist". brilliant, but very troubled.
( Last edited by phoenixboy70; Sep 14, 2004 at 04:13 AM. )

phoenixboy70
Mac Elite
Sep 14, 2004, 04:05 AM

Postmodernism is a cultural trend of the last 75 years.
no. most people agree that post modernism started in the "mid to late 50s".

One was that personal identity is a myth and that it is determined by the culture and ethnicity.
that's just common sense.

laws are masks of power
that to me sounds more like communism than post modernernism.

human-centered values are put in with a corrupt Western civ,
huh?

and language and reason are questionable.
okay, that's a post-modern concept. (btw, where is the connection to "nazism"?)

OT, but for the Rammstein sig. I assume you're German, but please tell me you're not using the song for politics, when they say it isn't.
thnx.

it's just a really great "sarcastic" video...more of a cultural "study" than anything else.

btw, who teaches you this kind of stuff about post modernism?
( Last edited by phoenixboy70; Sep 14, 2004 at 04:14 AM. )

zen jihad
Sep 14, 2004, 10:18 AM

I see similarities between Bush and Hitler, quite startling ones too.

Bush loves dogs. So did Hitler.

Bush is seeking a New World Order via ilegal force and phoney wars. As did Hitler.

Bush was behind 9/11 according to some, blamed it on Al-Qaeeda. His Government agencies planned the attacks to further their cause which would be unthinkable prior to 9/11. Hitler burned the Reichstag and blamed it on others to further his cause.

Bush's family fortunes was earned via supporting the Nazis. There we go, linkage.

Oooo, eerily similar.

Before Zimbore pops in with his drivel about conspiracy theories. Let's not forget this is the kid that believes an invisible entity called 'Satan' is conspiring against mankind behind the scenes. Talk about conspiracy theories and loonies.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 14, 2004, 10:54 AM

where is the connection? "NAZISM" IS THE EXACT 100% opposite of "relativism".
LOL. "nazism" is everything BUT post-modernism. totally different time period, AND completely different PHILOSOPHICAL core.
post modernism is all about "pluralism", "patchwork", "inclusiveness", and "individuality". everything the nazis dispised, .
if you want to read up on post modernism i'd suggest you read some derrida or roland barthes. they had VERY little to do with a "fascist mindset".
think "deconstruction", "collage" and the truth being arrived at through various sources, rather than "one".
[/B]
There ya go. Good-old post-modern "de-construction"

-t

Zimphire
Baninated
Sep 14, 2004, 11:09 AM

Originally posted by zen jihad:
That says a lot.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 14, 2004, 11:15 AM

That says a lot.
About who ?

zen jihad, Bush or Hitler ?

-t

TheBadgerHunter
Mac Elite
Sep 14, 2004, 11:34 AM

Originally posted by zen jihad:

Bush loves dogs. So did Hitler.

Bush is seeking a New World Order via ilegal force and phoney wars. As did Hitler.

Bush was behind 9/11 according to some, blamed it on Al-Qaeeda. His Government agencies planned the attacks to further their cause which would be unthinkable prior to 9/11. Hitler burned the Reichstag and blamed it on others to further his cause.

Bush's family fortunes was earned via supporting the Nazis. There we go, linkage.

Oooo, eerily similar.

Before Zimbore pops in with his drivel about conspiracy theories. Let's not forget this is the kid that believes an invisible entity called 'Satan' is conspiring against mankind behind the scenes. Talk about conspiracy theories and loonies.
I like dogs.

I enjoy setting fires.

If I had a family fortune it'd probably come from nazis.

I believe in satan.

Oh dear, I must be a genocidal maniac.

Forum Links
Forum Rules