Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Heroes Season Premier

Heroes Season Premier (Page 14)
Cold Warrior
Sep 21, 2009, 07:50 PM

Here it comes

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 22, 2009, 03:12 AM

Wow, Claire's roomie is one of the most realistically creepy characters ever on TV. At first I wasn't sure if it was intentional or if Madeline Zima was just struggling with the role (because Claire wasn't reacting at all), but no, the girl is just really sincerely creepy. That's interesting characterization.

The Supercarnies aren't as annoying as I thought they might be. I'm a little unclear on the one guy's power. He can move dirt, give the skinny blonde chick psychic visions, and…choke people with tattoos? But I suppose it did a good job establishing them without actually giving any information, since it looks like they're closely tied to the chapter's A-plot.

I like it. Looking forward to this season much more than last after that premiere. (Though the fast guy does make me miss Daphne.)
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2009, 09:48 AM

It annoyed me that they have to have the now token lesbian drama in this show. What does that really have to do with ANYTHING?
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2009, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by RAILhead View Post
It annoyed me that they have to have the now token lesbian drama in this show. What does that really have to do with ANYTHING?
I must have missed something...

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2009, 10:50 AM

Gretchen. She has the hawts for Claire. The token lesbian kiss will be in the 4th episode, supposedly.

And again -- not I mind...but it seems like this forced, token, cute girl lesbianism is in every show nowadays.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 22, 2009, 11:05 AM

Well, of course she has the hots for Claire. She just saw Claire jump out a window and lie there bloodied with her ribs sticking through her skin. That has to be like the biggest turn-on ever for Gretchen.

Also, what do any of Heroes' romantic plotlines have to do with anything?
Chuck
___

Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Sep 22, 2009, 11:58 AM

For whatever reason, I'm having the hardest time keeping up with this show from season to season. By keeping up, I mean remembering all the plot lines, details, and characters.

Does Peter have all his powers back or are they one-at-a-time, depending on who he touches? Is Rebel still in the picture? Tracy is back, seems like they don't really ever explain her. First she was 2 people, then she was hot, then cold, now water and cold.

Danko's dead and now we've got a whole other group that has powers. Aargh, more characters to learn. Oh well, I'lll get over it.

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2009, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead View Post
Gretchen. She has the hawts for Claire. The token lesbian kiss will be in the 4th episode, supposedly.

And again -- not I mind...but it seems like this forced, token, cute girl lesbianism is in every show nowadays.
So... is this a spoiler for the 4th episode, or a spoiler for the reaction you've prepared to have to it, when you see it?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 22, 2009, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Gankdawg View Post
Does Peter have all his powers back or are they one-at-a-time, depending on who he touches? Is Rebel still in the picture? Tracy is back, seems like they don't really ever explain her. First she was 2 people, then she was hot, then cold, now water and cold.
1. As far as we know, Peter still has one power at a time.

2. I doubt Micah is still acting as Rebel since the government program he wanted to take down is gone.

3. The woman with the split personality was Niki, and she's dead. Tracy looks the same as her because they're two of a set of triplets.

4. Tracy's original power was freezing things, and now she can turn into water as well. She never had any kind of heat power. They were keeping her in a hot room to nullify her freezing power.
Chuck
___

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2009, 12:10 PM

For whatever reason, I'm having the hardest time keeping up with this show from season to season. By keeping up, I mean remembering all the plot lines, details, and characters.
Well the great thing about this show is, you don't have to keep up because the writers themselves don't keep up. If you stop trying to predict the future based on past seasons or episodes, you'll experience less frustration. Just let the mediocrity wash over you and try to enjoy the pretty scenery while it happens; that's kind of what this show is for.

Tracy is back, seems like they don't really ever explain her.
They explained more this week than they usually do. Did you see the scene where HRG asked her this question point blank and she told him all she knew about it? I agree that I wish she would go away (I never liked her), but the show is never going to satisfy you if you choose to have an attitude about what is supposed to happen in the future (what show would?).

I think it's safe to say that many of the characters' powers are malleable, to a degree that's beyond their own control or understanding (for now?). It fits with Ando's theory about having the powers that befit your personality.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2009, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Well, of course she has the hots for Claire. She just saw Claire jump out a window and lie there bloodied with her ribs sticking through her skin. That has to be like the biggest turn-on ever for Gretchen.

Also, what do any of Heroes' romantic plotlines have to do with anything?
BINGO. More superhero stuff, less soap opera for me!

Thorzdad
Sep 22, 2009, 12:30 PM

I thought having Danko killed-off by the fast-blade guy was a nice metaphor for the writers killing-off a dead-end plot point. I always felt the whole "government mutant-hunters led by a proto-fascist psychopath" was...predictable?...familiar?...and tended to derail the whole show into a narrow box.

Unless, of course, he's not really dead. Then, nevermind.

Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Sep 22, 2009, 12:39 PM

1. As far as we know, Peter still has one power at a time.

2. I doubt Micah is still acting as Rebel since the government program he wanted to take down is gone.

3. The woman with the split personality was Niki, and she's dead. Tracy looks the same as her because they're two of a set of triplets.

4. Tracy's original power was freezing things, and now she can turn into water as well. She never had any kind of heat power. They were keeping her in a hot room to nullify her freezing power.
Thank you.

So Peter took a big chance helping HRG although it appears he got a similar 'level' power.

Tracy is still around but Micah's not? Maybe Tracy is going soon too, especially with all the carnies around now.

So if Tracy and Niki are 2 out of 3 triplets, maybe Tracy will die and we'll see the third one?

I had forgotten about the heat keeping her from using her cooling power.

Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Sep 22, 2009, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton View Post
Well the great thing about this show is, you don't have to keep up because the writers themselves don't keep up. If you stop trying to predict the future based on past seasons or episodes, you'll experience less frustration. Just let the mediocrity wash over you and try to enjoy the pretty scenery while it happens; that's kind of what this show is for.
I lawled. Good point!

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 22, 2009, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton View Post
I expect this season to be better. Last season was a mess — no consistency at all. The ridiculous Sylar focus despite not having a clue what to do with his character made me want to tear my hair out. But now that Bryan Fuller (Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies, Heroes season 1) is back, I've got high hopes. I'll be very disappointed if it's still written with a d-20.
Chuck
___

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Sep 22, 2009, 01:35 PM

They had a pretty good first season and just messed it up big time in season 2 and season 3 was just confusing. Not gonna jump in this season, it's dead to me.

Thorzdad
Sep 22, 2009, 01:54 PM

...The ridiculous Sylar focus despite not having a clue what to do with his character made me want to tear my hair out...
This.
Honestly, I find Sylar a pretty uninteresting character. Not compelling at all. There's no depth. Just an über-powerful punk with a chip on his shoulder. Gee...how original. And now he's in Parkman's head? Well...that might be interesting, I guess. Maybe.
Honestly, I had totally forgotten about he whole Nathan/Sylar mash-up. Guess that says something about my interest in last season.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 22, 2009, 02:27 PM

Oh, I just read that Bryan Fuller's out again. My hopes aren't so high anymore. Still, supposedly he helped map out this season, so I still think it could be good.

On the plus side, that probably means he's working on another original series, so I'm not too bummed.
Chuck
___

Brien
Professional Poster
Sep 22, 2009, 07:26 PM

I'm just not really impressed with the newer stuff.

Cold Warrior
Nov 24, 2009, 11:31 PM

Curious as to what the heck happened to Hiro at the end of this week's ep. That dreadlock guy was doing something. Another brain scramble alá Arthur seems lame, so I hope that's not it.

Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2009, 06:48 PM

And Hiro seems to be able to time travel without adverse effects now too.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2009, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by analogue SPRINKLES View Post
They had a pretty good first season and just messed it up big time in season 2 and season 3 was just confusing. Not gonna jump in this season, it's dead to me.
What he said.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Nov 25, 2009, 07:31 PM

And Hiro seems to be able to time travel without adverse effects now too.
Didn't see any evidence of that. He could barely even manage to take them back to the present.
Chuck
___

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Mar 4, 2010, 03:32 PM

It looks like Heroes may be cancelled after all. NBC has not committed to this upcoming season, it seems like it is sitting in limbo now. The last episode that was aired might be the last we ever see.

Cold Warrior
Mar 4, 2010, 08:04 PM

If fate was just going to bring it back in its current sad state, then I'm ok to see it go.

Maybe if they fired almost everyone on the creative staff, it might turn into something worth watching again.

It's an embarrassment when one of the best shows in a decade goes from season 1 greatness to total failure in record time. But that's NBC for you -- Zucker has a culture with no accountability for results, him being the prime example.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Mar 4, 2010, 09:40 PM

I considered myself a holdout, but I gave up about three episodes into the season. Just not worth my time.

Rumor
May 17, 2010, 01:05 AM

I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
May 17, 2010, 02:08 AM

Not really surprised. No direction at all since the first season, IMO.

ajprice
Professional Poster
May 17, 2010, 05:05 AM

Is it definitely cancelled or still in limbo? I've still been watching this series (had the last couple recorded and watched them over the weekend), albeit with less interest than before. Samuel's end could have been much bigger, considering it was the end of the series. It did seem to tie up a lot of ends, with Hiro/Charlie, Sylar turning good, Claire's 'This is attempt number.. whatever' etc. No real cliffhanger or next big bad guy to think OMG what happens next, it seemed like a happily ever after.

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

Cold Warrior
May 17, 2010, 12:03 PM

The news stories I've read say NBC is in talks with Kring about a [TV] movie to wrap it up, but it's definitely canceled.

Too bad, it could have been great, but it fell apart after season 1.

Railroader
Banned
May 17, 2010, 12:18 PM

Perhaps they can use Claire's blood to resurrect it.

Brien
Professional Poster
May 17, 2010, 09:56 PM

Meh.

Salty
Professional Poster
May 17, 2010, 10:20 PM

I hate to say it but Heroes should have just died after season 1 and gone out on a high note.

Lint Police
Dedicated MacNNer
May 17, 2010, 10:54 PM

I'll miss ya Hayden

cause we're not quite "the fuzz"

Forum Links
Forum Rules