Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 12" Powerbook 867 keeps burning up power supplies.

12" Powerbook 867 keeps burning up power supplies.
Crusoe
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2006, 03:48 PM

There's a cheap 12" Powerbook on Craiglist i'm considering that is burning up power supplies.
It just burned it's 3rd in 3 years. Any ideas of what could be causing it and if it's fixable?

I'm buying an iMac, giving my wife my 17" powerbook, retiring her TiBook 400 which I can salvage the power supply from (it's a new one, I had to replace the yoyo). I would like to have a second mac on the side that isn't as beat up as my old TiBook.
If a group of mimes are miming a forest and one falls down, does he make a sound?

romeosc
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2006, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Crusoe View Post
There's a cheap 12" Powerbook on Craiglist i'm considering that is burning up power supplies.
It just burned it's 3rd in 3 years. Any ideas of what could be causing it and if it's fixable?

I'm buying an iMac, giving my wife my 17" powerbook, retiring her TiBook 400 which I can salvage the power supply from (it's a new one, I had to replace the yoyo). I would like to have a second mac on the side that isn't as beat up as my old TiBook.
The regulator on the board is bad, other than replacing it, I don't know

Forum Links
Forum Rules