Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > CTO 24" from Shanghai to Seattle in < 5 days!

CTO 24" from Shanghai to Seattle in < 5 days!
Crusoe
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 10, 2006, 03:38 PM

Just added the 7600 and ordered Monday afternoon. I used free shipping but they 2 day'd it, wasn't suppose to get here till next Wednesday.
Now it's just sitting here next to me at work tuanting me.

It's going to rain all weekend so the timing is perfect.

Now the big question is if it'll fit in my MINI Cooper for the trip home. Pretty sure it will.
( Last edited by Crusoe; Nov 10, 2006 at 04:16 PM. )
If a group of mimes are miming a forest and one falls down, does he make a sound?

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2006, 03:14 PM

Got to love FedEx!

jmwmnl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 13, 2006, 09:18 AM

Same thing happened to me. That 2nd day'd it. I was amazed. Got the 24" iMac and had to buy a 26" hard sided suitcase to take the thing back to the RP with me. It made it just fine...used baby diapers as padding. However my iBook ended up with a cracked LCD thanks to TSA and having to check the thing. Regardless...glad it wasn't the 24 incher.
Portable Apple IIc with lovely green monitor and homemade joystick...so I could play chuck yeagers flight simulator
MBP 15" Intel Core Duo 2.16ghz w/256mg graphics, 100GB internal HD, express 34 eSATA connection
iMac 24" Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33ghz w/256mb graphics, 500GB internal HD, 2TB external HD...my how times have changed.

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2006, 02:59 PM

This happened to me with my Nano, except that I didn't pay extra for fast shipping. I tracked the stupid thing, too. It was in Anchorage (from fricking Shen Zhen) within hours. It is crazy to me waht they can do with shipping these days.

moose43
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 13, 2006, 04:51 PM

"used baby diapers for padding" sounds very disgusting.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Nov 15, 2006, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by jmwmnl View Post
. However my iBook ended up with a cracked LCD thanks to TSA and having to check the thing.
Uhhh, what? TSA doesn't require electronics to be in checked luggage, and never has. Any restrictions on electronics so far have been required by other aviation agencies, like Britain's.

What likely would have been safe for either unit is to check it in the original box (double-packed in another box if desired) and have the gate label it as fragile. Travelers to Latin America do that all the time with TVs, computers, etc.

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules