Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Macbook power inverter noise

Macbook power inverter noise
sieb
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 27, 2007, 12:10 AM

I've noticed recently that while at my desk where I dock my Macbook, if I've been using it on battery for a while then plug it in to charge, as its charging, the power inverter/brick makes that static electrical noise and slight popping sounds. It also gets really really hot. If I unplug it, it goes away. If the Macbook is fully charged, it goes away. I haven't had any problems with it (cable isn't bent/frayed, etc.) but does anyone else's do this? Worth replacing?
Sieb
Blackbook
(2Ghz, 2GB, 100Gig, week 21)

rafg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2007, 05:48 AM

yes, your wire on the power supply is loose. Plug into the socket, do not plug into your book, turn off the lights and move the part of the cable by the base. You will see little sparks

fesdds
Apr 28, 2007, 02:48 PM

I have 3 chargers and 2 MacBooks and all possible combinations do the same thing. I just deal with it.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Apr 30, 2007, 01:45 PM

Mine does the same thing and Apple even sent me a new one that also does the same.

Forum Links
Forum Rules