Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > My iTunes can't download nor update apps

My iTunes can't download nor update apps
angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 5, 2013, 05:33 PM

All of a sudden I am unable to download/update any apps from the iTunes App Store on my Mac. This has been the case for the last four days.

My internet is working and I am already logged into iTunes App Store. I clic on the small action button to get a given app, at which point nothing happens.

Every time iTunes fails to honor its duties Apple - Support - System Status shows no issues so far.

I have tried it with all three of my iTunes Accounts and I am still unable to download anything.

I should make clear that these iTunes accounts are still working though, I can download and update apps straight to the iPhone but not through iTunes as I would like to.

I have not tweaked any iTunes preferences or installed software for at least two weeks besides latest VLC, which I fail to see as relating to this issue.

Should I flush the DNS cache.? Just a random thought though cause in all honest, I have no idea what the problem could possibly be here.

Thank you for any insight provided.

Mac Pro - Mac OS X 10.7.5
iTunes 10.7 (64-bit)
iPhone 3GS - iOS 6.something

ibook_steve
Oct 7, 2013, 02:26 PM

You probably need to update to iTunes 11.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

angelmb  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 8, 2013, 12:10 AM

Thanks for the suggestion Steve.

I guess iTunes 10.7 liked the idea of being replaced by iTunes 11 as much as I did and it spontaneously remedied itself.

Forum Links
Forum Rules