Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Superbowl 2009

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Poll Options:
Arizona Cardinals 15 votes (42.86%)
Pittsburgh Steelers 20 votes (57.14%)
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll
Superbowl 2009 (Page 3)
Dork.
Professional Poster
Feb 4, 2009, 05:32 PM

I brought this up to a co-worker at work just now (it's been a slow day), and he sent me this link:

http://allhiphopsports.blogspot.com/...d-in-back.html

I didn't think anything of it when it happened, because in real time it looked like he pushed him away from the side. But he clearly got him in the back as well. All the refs were probably 20 yards downfield trying to catch up, though, so none had a good angle.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 4, 2009, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar V View Post
Stop right there. You lost all credibility.
Viqueens fan? Cowgirls? Ah, 69ers!
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 4, 2009, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Dork. View Post
I brought this up to a co-worker at work just now (it's been a slow day), and he sent me this link:

I didn't think anything of it when it happened, because in real time it looked like he pushed him away from the side. But he clearly got him in the back as well. All the refs were probably 20 yards downfield trying to catch up, though, so none had a good angle.
When did Harrison get the personal for punching one the Cardinals on the sideline? He should have been ejected from the game. Had it been a Cardinal punching one of the Stealers, you bet he would have been ejected.
45/47

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Feb 4, 2009, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dork. View Post

Honestly, I've watched it at least ten times, and it looks like he got him from the side, then he fell face-forward, which makes it look more like a block in the back.

Fairly close, but seriously...what is going to be gained from analyzing this stuff time and time again?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Feb 4, 2009, 07:08 PM

After looking at the game again, and reading commentators' notes, it's plain to me that the crew was biased in favor of the Steelers. This is common in sports, though I wish it weren't.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Forum Links
Forum Rules