Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > .mac renewal deal

.mac renewal deal
G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 29, 2003, 10:23 PM

Okay okay bitch and mona all you want about it, i still like the iphoto integration and the 100MB and the email, so i am going to have to renew my subscription, my only question is, are they still running that deal?

I remember a while back they gave you 30 bucks off two software titles or 25 bucks at the apple store, for renewing, its is still around? or am i going to pony up 100 bucks?

thanks

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Aug 29, 2003, 10:35 PM

yup...a quick check at the .mac renewal page shows the deal choices available....
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

blackbird_1.0
Mac Elite
Aug 30, 2003, 12:09 AM

you cna get 20 off right, id you choose to?, does that include scanners, some suggest me a canon scanner, please!
that'll work with osx and photoshop elements
Apple II GS | Powerbook 165 | iMac Rev. A 96mb RAM| iBook G3 500mhz, 128mb RAM | Power Macintosh G5 1.6ghz, 2.25gb RAM | Black MacBook 2ghz, 2gb RAM | iPhone Rev. A 8gb HD

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Aug 30, 2003, 12:28 AM

Originally posted by blackbird_1.0:
you cna get 20 off right, id you choose to?, does that include scanners, some suggest me a canon scanner, please!
that'll work with osx and photoshop elements
the deal is only good for the scanners that apple sells through the apple store, so have a look at your online store for the price/features your looking for....(does it have to be canon?)

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Aug 30, 2003, 12:34 AM

I recently purchased the Canon LiDE 30. Awesome scanner, great quality, good scan times. I use it to do some of my icon work. Great product, and only $80. If you're looking for a cheap good quality Canon anyway.

About the renewal, I was all tuned up for getting EverQuest, but it's only on DVD! Stupid crap, I don't have a DVD drive. So either $20 or the Sims.

G4ME  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 30, 2003, 12:40 AM

i thought they had UT 2003 and Spear head? oh well i guess i will take the 20 bucks

SeSawaya
Mac Elite
Aug 30, 2003, 12:59 AM

thanks for the reminding. I just did the whole process, $115 later, I'm in!! + I got the Sims. I've always wanted to play that dumb game, and now I can.............bwahhhhh ha ha ha ha!

Macfreak7
Mac Elite
Aug 30, 2003, 01:47 AM

I'll take the $20 off, and i'm gonna buy Age of Mythologies! yeehaa!

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 30, 2003, 12:24 PM

My wifes renewal for .mac is coming up next month. I would lean toward getting Sims, like others I've always had an interest in the game!

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

JLFanboy
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 30, 2003, 12:46 PM

Have those who've renewed already used their renewal gift? I renewed a few weeks ago and according to the fine print I'm going to get a coupon code to use at the Apple store for my gift.

Have any of you already received the code? Or is there something I'm missing?

iWrite
Professional Poster
Aug 30, 2003, 12:53 PM

I heard that they're going to offer some kind of a "deal" soon when they release new Macs OR they're talking about a holiday deal.

I heard this from a friend who is the Apple Genius at a local store.

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Aug 30, 2003, 04:54 PM

Originally posted by JLFanboy:
Have those who've renewed already used their renewal gift? I renewed a few weeks ago and according to the fine print I'm going to get a coupon code to use at the Apple store for my gift.

Have any of you already received the code? Or is there something I'm missing?
http://www.mac.com/1/specialoffer_terms.html :
3. Offer must be claimed within two weeks after a .Mac member's anniversary date.

4. Your Apple Store coupon will be emailed to your .Mac Mail account within 4 weeks of your anniversary date or the claiming of the offer, whichever is later.

5. Coupon expires 9/25/03 or 12/15/03, depending on anniversary date.

Paco500
Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2003, 05:28 AM

Originally posted by iWrite:
I heard that they're going to offer some kind of a "deal" soon when they release new Macs OR they're talking about a holiday deal.

I heard this from a friend who is the Apple Genius at a local store.
You friend is most likely lying or misinformed (he heard it from someone who is lying and believed it). Apple does not pre-disclose ANYTHING to the general employee population. They get their inside info from the rumor sites like everyone else.

blackbird_1.0
Mac Elite
Aug 31, 2003, 05:54 AM

yeah i think i'll order the LIDE 30
Apple II GS | Powerbook 165 | iMac Rev. A 96mb RAM| iBook G3 500mhz, 128mb RAM | Power Macintosh G5 1.6ghz, 2.25gb RAM | Black MacBook 2ghz, 2gb RAM | iPhone Rev. A 8gb HD

blackbird_1.0
Mac Elite
Aug 31, 2003, 05:54 AM

how do i find out the anniversary of my .mac?

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Aug 31, 2003, 09:02 AM

YERD DAMN RIGHT. [/some obscure wrestler]

I'd like to restates that I'm pissed they're only giving away the DVD edition of EverQuest. ****in' �unts.

dampeoples
Mac Elite
Aug 31, 2003, 09:58 AM

The LiDE 30 is a nice rig, comes with Scangear CS to scan through PS Elements. Another bonus is it lacks a power cord, it gets powered through USB.

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2003, 11:48 AM

how do i find out the anniversary of my .mac?
go to the .mac page and log in to your account....at the top right there is a big red "Renew" button....underneath that you see something like "...your account expires in xx days..." if it is not there, then your account had more than 90 days until expiry....so go to the "account" tab on the .mac page and it will tell you your expiry date.

G4ME  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2003, 12:27 PM

i can't seem to find it, i got the renew a friend thing

funkboy
Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2003, 01:20 PM

It says I'm going to automatically renew my membership Oct 4, 2003.

I specifically turned off auto-renewing of my membership, I'm pretty sure. And I see no place to turn off auto-renewing now, other than the fact that they had an old expiry date for my credit card.

What's happening? Is Apple being really this sneaky and trying to snatch $105 from my bank account?

blackbird_1.0
Mac Elite
Aug 31, 2003, 04:55 PM

Thanks, Dr. Blur.

Now, how do I access the renew preferences?

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2003, 05:29 PM

Thanks, Dr. Blur.

Now, how do I access the renew preferences?
if you mean the auto-renew and which credit card, then login to your account....from the .mac "toolbar" tab (where it says "Home Account Logout Help") choose "account" and then click on the Credit Card Info button - the auto-renew etc is in there......

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2003, 06:52 PM

My wife just told me today that she got a E.Mail from Apple that her renewal is due on September 12th. She chose the $20 off an online purchase. It's due 4 - 6 weeks after renewal.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

G4ME  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2003, 09:20 PM

well i just found out i got till the 9th of october so i am fine. they should have that deal till then right?

blackbird_1.0
Mac Elite
Aug 31, 2003, 10:46 PM

Thanks again, Mr. Blur.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2003, 12:00 PM

Originally posted by G4ME:
well i just found out i got till the 9th of october so i am fine. they should have that deal till then right?
I think that you can choose your renewal gift ahead of time. My wife already has!

Forum Links
Forum Rules