Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > This New Years Eve!! 2004 (Plans, party's?)

This New Years Eve!! 2004 (Plans, party's?)
disectamac
Mac Elite
Dec 26, 2003, 11:02 PM

Christmas was fun. The gifts, the giving, the quality time spent and all that stuff. So what does everyone have planned for New Years?

I'll go first:

Last year I spent New Years at home with my family watching the tube. This year It's "Heaven or Hell" at the Embassy in Boston. Me and a few friends managed to get VIP admission so I'm really looking forward to it. Open bar all night !!

Kilbey
Baninated
Dec 27, 2003, 01:11 AM

Plan on going to Church for early evening. They put on a service/skit every year and then a short fellowship afterwards. Leave there about 9 pm.

Then we will go to my Aunt and Uncle's house. We have been doing that for the last 25+ years. Have a few beers, play some board games, watch some old home movies. Kisses at midnight. Then, we start a game of Risk the board game and when that is over drive slowly home and dodge the drunk drivers.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 27, 2003, 01:19 AM

last year- waikiki
this year- times square

Krusty
Professional Poster
Dec 27, 2003, 01:30 AM

Last Year: Snugglin' up w/a chick. We went shopping at Wal-Mart around 12:15 am

Prior years: Most of the last several years spent in Fla. 2000 in Key West, 1995 in Ybor City (Tampa). Other years in various places in the Keys or camping in the Everglades. Oh well, no Fla this year ... but, it could be worse, I guess.

disectamac  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 27, 2003, 10:55 AM

Originally posted by Krusty:
Last Year: Snugglin' up w/a chick. We went shopping at Wal-Mart around 12:15 am

Prior years: Most of the last several years spent in Fla. 2000 in Key West, 1995 in Ybor City (Tampa). Other years in various places in the Keys or camping in the Everglades. Oh well, no Fla this year ... but, it could be worse, I guess.

I was thinking of spending New Years in Fl. one of these years, maybe next year, but i wouldn't know where to start. Any recommendations?

Cipher13
Dec 27, 2003, 11:53 AM

Maybe start with a quiet one... bunch of friends, barbecque, and lots of drinking.

Then head into party city.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 27, 2003, 12:48 PM

Our Church has an outreach program each year. This will be our fourth year. Boston has a "First Night Celebration." Our's is separate. We have about 150 volunteers. The positions include kitchen, serving apple cider hot chocolate, greeters, security, selling CD's, art exhibit, and information area. We get a meal at 5pm. Assignments, orientation, & tour, during that we get to see the fireworks over the Boston Common for the children.

The actual event begins at 7pm, it's free. There will be an art exhibit 7:15pm to 10:45pm. In the Sanctuary there are performances by Chris Bradley, Hannake Cassel, drama, and NICO. Then sing "Auld Lang Syne" to end the concert.

At 11pm till 1am there will be a Volunteer Post Party. The MBTA runs until 2am and it' free.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

scadboy
Forum Regular
Dec 27, 2003, 01:03 PM

last year - back home in buffalo with my parents, woo-hoo

this year - last day at my old shite job until 11pm, then we're taking our friend nick out for drinks, it's his 21st birthday.

good thing I start my new job on the 2nd.

michael

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 27, 2003, 04:22 PM

Originally posted by Krusty:
Prior years: Most of the last several years spent in Fla. 2000 in Key West, 1995 in Ybor City (Tampa). Other years in various places in the Keys or camping in the Everglades.

christmas/new years in the keys is a nice time.

I'll be working this New Years. the restaurant where I work is chargin' $80 per person plus drinks ($300 bottles bubbly, etc.)

should make some money.. i'll be off around 2am, richly intoxicated by then.
ice

Tulkas
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 27, 2003, 04:38 PM

Originally posted by wdlove:
Our Church has an outreach program each year. This will be our fourth year. Boston has a "First Night Celebration." Our's is separate. We have about 150 volunteers. The positions include kitchen, serving apple cider hot chocolate, greeters, security, selling CD's, art exhibit, and information area. We get a meal at 5pm. Assignments, orientation, & tour, during that we get to see the fireworks over the Boston Common for the children.

The actual event begins at 7pm, it's free. There will be an art exhibit 7:15pm to 10:45pm. In the Sanctuary there are performances by Chris Bradley, Hannake Cassel, drama, and NICO. Then sing "Auld Lang Syne" to end the concert.

At 11pm till 1am there will be a Volunteer Post Party. The MBTA runs until 2am and it' free.
Sometimes I wonder if you're real or just a figment of my imagination

Kilbey, that must be the lamest new years plan evar.

Me? Absolutely nothing.

Those cows won't know what hit 'em. They won't know what hit them even after it hits them, because they're cows.

Eciton
Forum Regular
Dec 27, 2003, 05:05 PM

Originally posted by Tulkas:
Sometimes I wonder if you're real or just a figment of my imagination

Kilbey, that must be the lamest new years plan evar.

Me? Absolutely nothing.
Damn, you beat me to it!

I'm going round a mate's house for a party with my girlfriend and some visiting friends unless I get a better offer. Last year we were in the pub because we forgot to organize anything

funkboy
Professional Poster
Dec 27, 2003, 08:33 PM

I was going to ask a girl out tonight what she was doing for new year's eve...a girl I've had a thing for for a long time.

Unfortunately, yesterday I just came down with influenza... so now I've gotta rest up and hope that I can somehow get over it in time to ask her to do something and for her to say yes... and to sneak a kiss at midnight... I mean, wouldn't that be a pretty darn romantic first kiss? Girls, back me up here..

Liquidity X
Mac Elite
Dec 27, 2003, 08:59 PM

Going to this , on guest list and VIP

http://www.truecrew.com/events/NewYearsRezolution2.html

Nebagakid
Mac Elite
Dec 27, 2003, 09:08 PM

I know what I will be doing.

ambush
Banned
Dec 27, 2003, 09:37 PM

I'll get so drunk I'll barely be able to walk.

And **** a chick, of course.

ambush
Banned
Dec 27, 2003, 09:49 PM

nvm

OreoCookie
Dec 28, 2003, 11:27 AM

I'll head towards Tokyo with 9 other friends of mine to have hell of a party there!

Can't wait to get there.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

stevesnj
Mac Elite
Dec 28, 2003, 08:58 PM

WERE ON ORANGE ALERT PEOPLE DON"T GO ANYWHERE!!!! STAY HOME!!! LOCK YOUR DOORS!!!
( Last edited by stevesnj; Dec 28, 2003 at 09:27 PM. )
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

dillerX
Professional Poster
Dec 28, 2003, 08:59 PM

Originally posted by stevesnj:
WERE ON ORANGE ALERT PEOPLE DON"T GO ANYWHERE!!!! STAY HOME!!! LOCK YOUR DOORS!!!
ROGER WILCO!
I tried to sig-spam the forums.
ADVANTAGE Motorsports Marketing, Inc. • speedXdesign, Inc.

Forum Links
Forum Rules