Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Is There Any Greater Insult Than To Be Called a Racist?

View Poll Results: Is There Any Greater Insult Than To Be Called a Racist?
Poll Options:
Yes 10 votes (83.33%)
No 2 votes (16.67%)
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll
Is There Any Greater Insult Than To Be Called a Racist?
kimosABE
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2012, 09:33 PM

Is There Any Greater Insult Than To Be Called a Racist?

Vote "Yes" or "No"

Then, let's talk about it a little. Okay?

Maybe explain why you voted as you did.

Personally, I think we are so sensitive to racism or racist behavior that being called a racist may indeed be THE greatest insult of our time.

Therefore, I voted, "No."

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Aug 20, 2012, 09:54 PM

You are black and /
I think you're crazy /
Does that make me /
A racist maybe?

reader50
Administrator
Aug 20, 2012, 10:04 PM

Insult contest! Lounge regulars, please report to this thread stat!

I have long admired your ability to spice things up. After exploring alternate paths using my time machine, I can confirm things are less interesting the sooner you leave the timeline. Things are downright boring when you were not born - several wars did not happen, and insurance rates were lower overall.

You are Unnecessary to History.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2012, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
You are black and /
I think you're crazy /
Does that make me /
A racist maybe?
You may be right /
You may be racist /
But it just may be some racists /
That we're looking for /

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2012, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
Insult contest! Lounge regulars, please report to this thread stat!
I have long admired your ability to spice things up. After exploring alternate paths using my time machine, I can confirm things are less interesting the sooner you leave the timeline. Things are downright boring when you were not born - several wars did not happen, and insurance rates were lower overall.
You are Unnecessary to History.
That's quite an insult. But I think being called a racist trumps it. Don't you?

Seriously, won't you go to great lengths to avoid even the possibility of being called or considred a racist?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 21, 2012, 01:32 AM

Insults depend on context. If I cut somebody off in traffic and they call me a racist, that wouldn't be terribly traumatic.

What is hurtful is when you call me a foreign agent.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 21, 2012, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Insults depend on context. If I cut somebody off in traffic and they call me a racist, that wouldn't be terribly traumatic.

What is hurtful is when you call me a foreign agent.
That reminds me of the sadness the cyborg played by Sean Young (at her hottest) 'felt' when the 'Blade Runner,' Harrison Ford reminded her that she wasn't a real human.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 21, 2012, 01:58 AM

Let me guess: someone has called you a racist

I am my complete lack of surprise
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 21, 2012, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
Let me guess: someone has called you a racist
I am my complete lack of surprise
Guess again shortcut. What are you now besides your complete lack of rightness?

dav
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2012, 04:04 AM

maybe generically, but the worst insult requires knowledge of the individual to expose their fears and insecurities. alternatively, i think the best compliments require intimate knowledge of the individual.
one post closer to five stars

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Aug 21, 2012, 04:57 AM

Its been used SO MUCH by the haters on the left that is means NOTHING.

Its ALWAYS A LABEL isn't it?
Do liberals SEE EVERYONE as a stereotype?
Why MUST liberals classify everyone?

They also seem to see every situation as some sort of soap opera plot.
I guess that's why they must call you something if you don't agree with whatever nonsense they do.

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 21, 2012, 05:14 AM

I think it's bigoted to claim one insult is superior to another.

reader50
Administrator
Aug 21, 2012, 06:39 AM

Unsuspecting acquaintance: I need some help over here.

Quality reply: I'm so sorry, are you still hearing the voices?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 21, 2012, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Its been used SO MUCH by the haters on the left that is means NOTHING.
Its ALWAYS A LABEL isn't it?
Do liberals SEE EVERYONE as a stereotype?
Why MUST liberals classify everyone?
They also seem to see every situation as some sort of soap opera plot.
I guess that's why they must call you something if you don't agree with whatever nonsense they do.
How can you engage in class warfare if you do not divide people in to classes?

Name calling is usually resorted to when one is losing an argument on the merits. The problem these days is name calling starts from the get go.

BTW, where is the thread on the hate crime at the Family Research Council? Should the Southern Poverty Law Center label itself as a "hate group" since the shooter was motivated by the SPLC?
45/47

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 21, 2012, 07:01 AM

The only thing worse than being called a racist is being called a Mexican.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 21, 2012, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by ort888 View Post
George Lopez reference?

As an American of Mexican/Spanish ancestry, there are times that man embarrasses us.
45/47

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 21, 2012, 07:13 AM

Heh, what about Mencia?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 21, 2012, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Heh, what about Mencia?
That would be "Menstealia. Yeah, him too.
45/47

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 21, 2012, 08:34 AM

Being called a peadophile/being accused of being a peadophile is, IMHO worse.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 21, 2012, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
This man speaks from experience.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 21, 2012, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
I think it's bigoted to claim one insult is superior to another.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 21, 2012, 10:47 AM

Unsuspecting acquaintance: I need some help over here.
Quality reply: I'm so sorry, are you still hearing the voices?

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 21, 2012, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
How can you engage in class warfare if you do not divide people in to classes?
Name calling is usually resorted to when one is losing an argument on the merits. The problem these days is name calling starts from the get go.
BTW, where is the thread on the hate crime at the Family Research Council? Should the Southern Poverty Law Center label itself as a "hate group" since the shooter was motivated by the SPLC?

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 21, 2012, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by ort888 View Post
Hahaha!

I see what you did here!

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 21, 2012, 10:59 AM

I think we have a winner!

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 21, 2012, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Sure, right after we blame the Beatles for Charles Manson. [rolleyes]

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 21, 2012, 06:22 PM

Anyone ever notice there are no serious offensive slurs against white people? It doesn't matter what you call a white person - cracker, honky, whatever - it won't bother them.

But call a white person a racist? Oh man, will they get angry and indignant! It's pretty much the only insult that really hurts. Because most of the time, it's true.

I called out an older gentleman on his hate-filled rants against Pakistanis (or Pakis, as he called them). Wow, was he ever pissed that someone would dare call him a racist for behaving like a racist.

reader50
Administrator
Aug 21, 2012, 10:31 PM

The greatest insult.

Some say racist, some say pedophile.
But they're forgetting the person who bribes the morgue night guard.
The necrophiliac gets to see all the others in the end.
No need to hurry. He can wait.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 21, 2012, 11:47 PM

The greatest insult.
Some say racist, some say pedophile.
But they're forgetting the person who bribes the morgue night guard.
The necrophiliac gets to see all the others in the end.
No need to hurry. He can wait.
I think lpk has it right. You're not gonna get slugged for calling someone a necrophiliac.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 22, 2012, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
This man speaks from experience.
Never even got to court.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 22, 2012, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
Anyone ever notice there are no serious offensive slurs against white people? It doesn't matter what you call a white person - cracker, honky, whatever - it won't bother them.
But call a white person a racist? Oh man, will they get angry and indignant! It's pretty much the only insult that really hurts. Because most of the time, it's true.
I called out an older gentleman on his hate-filled rants against Pakistanis (or Pakis, as he called them). Wow, was he ever pissed that someone would dare call him a racist for behaving like a racist.
Since when was Pakistan it's own race. Sadly the biggest problem is people who don't know what the word means and over use it for things that have absolutely nothing racist about it. Its also used as a tool. Some of the most racist people I have ever encountered in my life ended up being Chinese nationals, who at the first insult would also cry fowl against any one and label them racist. The term is over used, misunderstood and context is never applied any more.

Lets get Jap food tonight

In America = Racist
In most of the world = Not Racist

There is a lot of racist words that are regional only to some places as well.

When my Boss came up here to inspect the facility I work at he pointed out to me that there is a lot of Orientals here. Orientals.... I had never herd that term outside of old TV shows, never in person. Got me off guard. For a second I even had the thought about him being racist go through my mind, but only for a second before my higher thinking kicked in. "Gee that's probably just a normal term still used in his state with no bad intentions"

Most things labeled racist are more cultural indifference. Has nothing to do with skin color. A white person can bitch about another white persons cultural differences with out being labeled racist. Like for example Americans are uncaring self centered greedy mofo's. But if I say China has serious issues with morality and its incredible they can ignore children being run over, I'm now a racist because I happen to be white. Was ok to criticise America because its considered a white country. But to criticise a non white country its turned into racism. I think the worst racist around are those that see racism in everything that its not. The Anti Racists who are themselves the most racist people.

To many people are on egg shells over it. And I don't think a lot of people know what a real racist is any more.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 22, 2012, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Athens View Post
Since when was Pakistan it's own race. Sadly the biggest problem is people who don't know what the word means and over use it for things that have absolutely nothing racist about it. Its also used as a tool. Some of the most racist people I have ever encountered in my life ended up being Chinese nationals, who at the first insult would also cry fowl against any one and label them racist. The term is over used, misunderstood and context is never applied any more.
In America = Racist
When my Boss came up here to inspect the facility I work at he pointed out to me that there is a lot of Orientals here. Orientals.... I had never herd that term outside of old TV shows, never in person. Got me off guard. For a second I even had the thought about him being racist go through my mind, but only for a second before my higher thinking kicked in. "Gee that's probably just a normal term still used in his state with no bad intentions"
Most things labeled racist are more cultural indifference. Has nothing to do with skin color. A white person can bitch about another white persons cultural differences with out being labeled racist. Like for example Americans are uncaring self centered greedy mofo's. But if I say China has serious issues with morality and its incredible they can ignore children being run over, I'm now a racist because I happen to be white. Was ok to criticise America because its considered a white country. But to criticise a non white country its turned into racism. I think the worst racist around are those that see racism in everything that its not. The Anti Racists who are themselves the most racist people.
To many people are on egg shells over it. And I don't think a lot of people know what a real racist is any more.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 22, 2012, 01:57 PM

Don't worry. I don't expect a kid/teen to understand. When you eventually start going places and start seeing the world you will realize skin color has little to do with most things, cultural differences will be the biggest factors. Hopefully you will become a little less racist and a little more tolerant too

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 22, 2012, 02:10 PM

And into the PWL this thread goes !!!!!!

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 22, 2012, 02:27 PM

In America = Racist
Well, if the thread is headed for the PWL anyway, let's seal the deal and give it a real kimosABE send off!

To Athens, well, would you call the Palestinians and other Jew hating Arabs and other Muslims, racist or merely bigots?

And what would that make anyone who supports those Muslims...racists or bigots?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 22, 2012, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by kimosABE View Post

Well, if the thread is headed for the PWL anyway, let's seal the deal and give it a real kimosABE send off!
To Athens, well, would you call the Palestinians and other Jew hating Arabs and other Muslims, racist or merely bigots?
The problem with this question is the same problem with what Athens said.

You are implying that all Palestinians hate Jews, just as Athens' example implies that the Chinese people (and not simply their government) have problems with morality.

Athens point is that there is a difference between making cultural observations and racism, but neither of you seem to understand the distinction between making these observations and making generalizations. Negative generalizations are discrimination.

For instance:

- There is a disproportionate amount of black crime, there is likely a cultural component to this
- Black people commit crimes more often than anybody else

See the difference?

Stick away from making generalizations and you can make cultural observations all day long without conflict, even if nobody agrees with your observations, and so long as your observations can be properly rationalized without your rationalization involving a racist premise.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 22, 2012, 02:55 PM

Also widespread use of a term doesn't mean it isn't racist.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 22, 2012, 02:59 PM

The problem with this question is the same problem with what Athens said.

You are implying that all Palestinians hate Jews, just as Athens' example implies that the Chinese people (and not simply their government) have problems with morality.

Athens point is that there is a difference between making cultural observations and racism, but neither of you seem to understand the distinction between making these observations and making generalizations. Negative generalizations are discrimination.

For instance:

- There is a disproportionate amount of black crime, there is likely a cultural component to this
- Black people commit crimes more often than anybody else

See the difference?

Stick away from making generalizations and you can make cultural observations all day long without conflict, even if nobody agrees with your observations, and so long as your observations can be properly rationalized without your rationalization involving a racist premise.
Yeah, I got it. But, re-look at my post. I didn't say that all Palestinians or all Arabs or all Muslims hated Jews. You can, however, read my statement/question and see that I'm referring to those 'Palestinians, Arabs and Muslims who DO hate Jews...'

See the difference?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 22, 2012, 03:06 PM

Yeah, I got it. But, re-look at my post. I didn't say that all Palestinians or all Arabs or all Muslims hated Jews. You can, however, read my statement/question and see that I'm referring to those 'Palestinians, Arabs and Muslims who DO hate Jews...'
See the difference?
Yeah, but my point wasn't to single out anything you said, but to say that it is these details that can offend people or lead to being called a racist. Even if you are very specific with your choice of words there are people that might call you a racist anyway, but if you are specific with your words at least you can fall back on what you said and perhaps restore control to the situation.

Moreover, as far as any kind of debating goes, making generalizations is almost always the key to getting the fail stamp slapped on one's arguments.

If you want to get into the specifics of the sort of stuff you say, the very premise of a foreign agent being a negative thing is xenophobic, it implies that something foreign is bad. I think people overlook this because you seem to think that everything American is superior to everything non-American, and besides there are usually about a thousand other distractions in your posts anyway

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 22, 2012, 03:07 PM

And besides there really is no "Race" for people. The term race developed 400 years ago as a means to justify slavery. Only subhuman or lower class people could be enslaved. The use of skin color and other regional developed traits became "race". 200 years ago race and culture where morphed into each other as being nearly the same when really its not either.

End of the day when it comes to "race" we are all one race, the same. What divides us is culture. Some one born in India and raised in India is Indian regardless of skin color. Some one born and raised in Canada is Canadian regardless of skin color. Physical appearance of some one might identify regionally Asian but for all respects and purposes they are not Chinese. Not Taiwanese. Not Japanese. They are Canadian. Ship them to the country there ancestors arrived from and they will be out of place, lost unable to communicate and be as Alien as the white Canadian. I get annoyed when I'm called a racist for having discussions on topics related to any one else. That's just pure ignorance of the accuser. A real racist is some one that won't befriend some one of a perceived raced only for that reason. Or will deny them a job or refuse to pick them up in a cab or show any curtsy to them because of a perceived race.

But it works the other way around to in reverse. If I own a store in West Vancouver and I have 2 applicants, one a born Canadian who speaks fluent English and a Immigrant Kenyan who has been in the country for 1 year and is very hard to understand I am going to hire the Canadian. My business requires good English. Some will assume that race had something to do with it. The same works in reverse, if I opened up a store in Richmond and I have a White born Canadian who speaks fluent English, and a Immigrant Kenyan and a Immigrant from China, both immigrants speak very poor English I'm going to hire the Immigrant from China because Richmond is mostly Asians with a very large Chinese population. In this case the Chinese person brought something to the table needed. That can also be considered racist because I picked the Chinese person because she was Chinese. I don't consider it that way, she had a skill the other 2 lacked for that area.

Every one is to uptight about racism and find things racist where no racism existed in the first place.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 22, 2012, 03:09 PM

And besides there really is no "Race" for people. The term race developed 400 years ago as a means to justify slavery. Only subhuman or lower class people could be enslaved. The use of skin color and other regional developed traits became "race". 200 years ago race and culture where morphed into each other as being nearly the same when really its not either.
End of the day when it comes to "race" we are all one race, the same. What divides us is culture. Some one born in India and raised in India is Indian regardless of skin color. Some one born and raised in Canada is Canadian regardless of skin color. Physical appearance of some one might identify regionally Asian but for all respects and purposes they are not Chinese. Not Taiwanese. Not Japanese. They are Canadian. Ship them to the country there ancestors arrived from and they will be out of place, lost unable to communicate and be as Alien as the white Canadian. I get annoyed when I'm called a racist for having discussions on topics related to any one else. That's just pure ignorance of the accuser. A real racist is some one that won't befriend some one of a perceived raced only for that reason. Or will deny them a job or refuse to pick them up in a cab or show any curtsy to them because of a perceived race.
But it works the other way around to in reverse. If I own a store in West Vancouver and I have 2 applicants, one a born Canadian who speaks fluent English and a Immigrant Kenyan who has been in the country for 1 year and is very hard to understand I am going to hire the Canadian. My business requires good English. Some will assume that race had something to do with it. The same works in reverse, if I opened up a store in Richmond and I have a White born Canadian who speaks fluent English, and a Immigrant Kenyan and a Immigrant from China, both immigrants speak very poor English I'm going to hire the Immigrant from China because Richmond is mostly Asians with a very large Chinese population. In this case the Chinese person brought something to the table needed. That can also be considered racist because I picked the Chinese person because she was Chinese. I don't consider it that way, she had a skill the other 2 lacked for that area.
Every one is to uptight about racism and find things racist where no racism existed in the first place.
These sort of semantic arguments generally don't gain one much traction though. Whether accurate or not, what we call "race" and "racism" seems fairly consistent enough for us to understand the intending meaning, just like while calling a blog post a "blog" is inaccurate, people know what is meant.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 22, 2012, 03:15 PM

Last time I checked religion was not a race either. The only thing different between the majority of the people living in Israel identifying themselves as Jewish and the majority of the people living in Palestine who identify themselves as Muslims is just that. The faith. They are the same people genetically. They truly are brothers and sisters of the same ancestry. So much blood has been shed at the hands of either side for so long I don't think racism, bigotry even apply. Its all about revenge and control of resources. Unlike hating a black man just because he is black, most of the people in that region have a reason to hate. My son was murdered by Israeli solders, they must die. My wife was murdered by Palestinian terrorists, they must die. Religion is just one layer of culture.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 22, 2012, 03:20 PM

See the difference?
Some people wouldn't care and automatically label you as a racist. (One poster from Eastern Canada comes to mind) and that is where the term being called a racist becomes upsetting. In actuality you where not being racist at all in that post. But to be fair you did imply all "Palestinians" and then broke it off to and those haters in the Arab and Muslim world.

I personally get annoyed being called racist because I am not. I can't stand racists. I don't like intolerance.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 22, 2012, 03:25 PM

These sort of semantic arguments generally don't gain one much traction though. Whether accurate or not, what we call "race" and "racism" seems fairly consistent enough for us to understand the intending meaning, just like while calling a blog post a "blog" is inaccurate, people know what is meant.
Only because you and I share a common cultural background is it consistent enough for us. That's why I brought up the term Jap before. In the US its a very bad word because it has a association with it from WWII. Much of the rest of the world its not a bad word at all and in Canada it's a mixed bag. Young Canadians, foreigners its not a bad word. Old timers and American immigrants it is.

There is always going to be cultural indifference. But that does not make some one racist either. Intent plays a role.

I really wonder if every culture even has an equivalent of "racists" in there native cultures.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 22, 2012, 03:37 PM

Yeah, but my point wasn't to single out anything you said, but to say that it is these details that can offend people or lead to being called a racist. Even if you are very specific with your choice of words there are people that might call you a racist anyway, but if you are specific with your words at least you can fall back on what you said and perhaps restore control to the situation.

Moreover, as far as any kind of debating goes, making generalizations is almost always the key to getting the fail stamp slapped on one's arguments.

If you want to get into the specifics of the sort of stuff you say, the very premise of a foreign agent being a negative thing is xenophobic, it implies that something foreign is bad. I think people overlook this because you seem to think that everything American is superior to everything non-American, and besides there are usually about a thousand other distractions in your posts anyway
When I arrived here at MacNN's doorstep I saw that, too frequently, the foreign posters were winning debate points when arguing domestic Conservative posters on the subject of GWB's re-election. I found that these same foreigners didn't like or love America and their true America hating nature wasn't made clear for all to see (so any casual reader might know that these skillful debaters did NOT have our best interests at heart). It seemed like these foreign posters were being allowed to influence our innocent (naive) brethren's attitudes toward W and the coming election. And they were doing so without any efforts or measures to stop them.

That's when I alerted the Mods and Admins to this growing problem and urged they try doing something to stop it. They and the other posters who were more experienced here told me it would be impossible to stop the exchange of ideas with people no matter their location and/or national origin. And it would be equally impossible to enforce an accurate location notification.

Since then the term, 'foreign agent' around here has become a term of derision as well as a term of endearment. I recognize both points of view and like the latter.

But I endure the former with a smile because I get the joke.

finboy
Aug 26, 2012, 08:33 AM

This one.

"Racist" is thrown around everywhere these days. It's almost meaningless. It would only insult me if I was called that by someone I respected and trusted.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 26, 2012, 02:20 PM

When I arrived here at MacNN's doorstep I saw that, too frequently, the foreign posters were winning debate points when arguing domestic Conservative posters on the subject of GWB's re-election. I found that these same foreigners didn't like or love America and their true America hating nature wasn't made clear for all to see (so any casual reader might know that these skillful debaters did NOT have our best interests at heart). It seemed like these foreign posters were being allowed to influence our innocent (naive) brethren's attitudes toward W and the coming election.
You are correct that most people outside America don't love it like you do. That doesn't mean we hate it.

You might not think we have your best interests at heart, but if you were to take out comments, suggestions and criticisms on board instead of calling us America-hating foreign agents, then we might all start to love America more. Don't you think its in America's best interests for non-americans to love America too?

Suggestion number one: Don't elect any more trained apes to run your country.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ff4fWb3r-M[/video]
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 26, 2012, 04:33 PM

Now now, had you directed that comment at Obama.......
45/47

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 26, 2012, 04:40 PM

I, for one foreigner, do indeed have the USA's best interests at heart. Why? Because of how the US affects the entire planet; your economy affects our economies, your domestic policies encourage our governments to consider similar policies, your foreign policies can start and stop international conflicts.

Given the global influence of the US, and how much American's pride themselves OVER that influence, it always surprises when Americans are surprised that people all over the planet are concerned about US politics.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 26, 2012, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
I, for one foreigner, do indeed have the USA's best interests at heart. Why? Because of how the US affects the entire planet; your economy affects our economies, your domestic policies encourage our governments to consider similar policies, your foreign policies can start and stop international conflicts.
Given the global influence of the US, and how much American's pride themselves OVER that influence, it always surprises when Americans are surprised that people all over the planet are concerned about US politics.
If that's true, then please explain to me, how in the hell can you look at a choice between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney and think the best choice for America's success could possibly be Barack Obama???

Forum Links
Forum Rules