Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > One down two to go

One down two to go
G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 20, 2003, 11:16 PM

Last night i spent an evening with Primus at the Central Maine Civic Center. Basically is a large high school gym. with no ****ing water fountains, and no way in hell am i going to pay 3 bucks for 16oz of water that just not right.

As for the show i enjoyed it, got the tshirt but was kind of thrown off by the audience. I guess i am getting to old, but damn-it why the hell do people think they need to thrash mosh to Les, during a drum solo? Common people enjoy the show, if you want to be a member of fight club do it some other place, i want to watch Les tickle his 6 string, not worry about some ****ing skin head flying into me elbows out.

I even noticed that Mr Claypool was getting a little peeved, not only once but 3 times he stopped playing and commented that **** shouldn't be thrown on staged and that a girl was on a stretcher because of some hoodlums. I don't know if it was part of his act but i could see that he wasn't too happy.

So needless to say i didn't stay up front for the whole show. I moved back to get a more comfortable view and enjoyed the show, he whipped out some old material off of pork soda that he hasn't played in eight years, or so he said. There was a healthy dose of drum solos that was truly amazing. There was no opener, they came out at 8:10 and left the stage around 11:20.

So tomorrow night (friday i am traveling down to Durham NH to see A Perfect Circle. I am meeting my cousins there and after the show I am heading back to Keen where we will get belligerent.

Then saturday morning, or afternoon depending on how i feel. I am going to make the trek back to Portland and see APC again that night at the Cumberland County Civic Center. I know some people from UMaine going and i will try and hook up with them.

Come Sunday i will head back up to Orono and finish off the last two days of school before turkey break. Needless to say I will be putting about 1200+ miles plus on my Volvo in under a week

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2003, 12:24 AM

NICE!

Road trips are incredible. This past weekend, I flew from halfway across Canada (Edmonton to Toronto) for an intimate "in the round" show with I Mother Earth, my favourite band and one of Canada's best and most talented rock/prog-rock bands. They're taking some time off because their label dropped them, so it was gonna be a really special taped show (with the possibility of it being their last ever).

It was well worth the expense, even though now I can't even afford to eat. 25 songs, 3 hours 20 minutes of pure madness and insanity...and an upcoming DVD of live footage!

I do agree with you, though....moshing is fun to a point, but there's a time and place for everything! Of course, half of those people there, I'd say, were just kids looking for a good time and place to go crazy. When you get a whole bunch of dedicated fans there for the music, you'll notice it doesn't happen as much....

Points for recognition of the flag....

Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

mac-at-kearsarge
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2003, 01:20 AM

Have fun @ UNH!

I wanted to go to both the APC show and the Buzz Ball (Aerosmith/Kiss show) in 'ManchVegas'. But I'm dirt broke, so that airn't happenign (Specially with the buzz Ball tix stating @ $86.00!)
iGeek

dtriska
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2003, 01:37 AM

Originally posted by G4ME:
As for the show i enjoyed it, got the tshirt but was kind of thrown off by the audience. I guess i am getting to old, but damn-it why the hell do people think they need to thrash mosh to Les, during a drum solo? Common people enjoy the show, if you want to be a member of fight club do it some other place, i want to watch Les tickle his 6 string, not worry about some ****ing skin head flying into me elbows out.
Fight fire with fire. I find most moshers will stay away from me once I give 'em a kick to the midsection. Nothing savage, but enough to get my point across.

Originally posted by ShortcutToMoncton:
Points for recognition of the flag....
That'd be The Rock. What'd I win?

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2003, 03:36 AM

*pinky to mouth*

"One meeeeeellleeon dollars!"

...and a toaster. Compliments of Canadian Tire.

greg
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

dtriska
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2003, 06:18 AM

Sweet. I wonder if I can return the toaster for some Canadian Tire money. I lost my Monopoly cash.

york28
Senior User
Nov 21, 2003, 04:24 PM

I saw the Primus show in Chicago on 11/7. It was at a fairly large place, the Aragon Ballroom, and it was a great show. Clypool also told off somone that threw a pig mask on stage and hit his bass.

Moshers do annoy me as well. I used to think it was fun when I was younger (even though I lost many a pair of glasses), but now it just seems so pointless.

I remember reading that At The Drive In used to stop playing when the crowd got too rowdy. I respect anyone that would do that.
We need less Democrats and Republicans, and more people that think for themselves.

infinite expanse

Forum Links
Forum Rules