Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > BottleMail

BottleMail
Psychonaut
Mac Enthusiast
May 8, 2003, 05:22 PM

I just remembered of the existance of this neat program, its been so long since I've used it. Now it seems like they have an OS X version of it, but no where have I found the most recent release in English, which is disappointing. Anyone remember BottleMail?
DBGFHRGL!

euphras
Mac Elite
May 9, 2003, 11:33 AM

Never heard of it. 68k thingy?

Macintosh Quadra 950, Centris 610, Powermac 6100, iBook dual USB, Powerbook 667 DVI, Powerbook 867 DVI, MacBook Pro early 2011

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
May 10, 2003, 11:46 AM

Can say that I have heard of that program either!

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

Psychonaut  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 10, 2003, 08:54 PM

Found the download page (in Japanese only unfortunately.) http://www.bottlemail.jp/down01.html
Its a fun way to kill some time I suppose, with some nice visuals. The 'premise' is that you're on a beach, and you can write, draw, include images of whatever you want on a message in a bottle (awesome Sting & The Police song btw). The bottle is sent out randomly to another person online, and if you chose to have a return tag they can write back. Pretty neat.
DBGFHRGL!

Forum Links
Forum Rules