Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Graphing Program for OS X

Graphing Program for OS X
Psychonaut
Mac Enthusiast
May 17, 2004, 05:07 PM

I'm currently working on an Internal Assessment for IB in Calculus and I need to make printable graphs of some exponential functions. I know Graphmatica works well for this purpose, but only on Windows. Anyone know of an OS X app to do this with?
DBGFHRGL!

waxcrash
Mac Elite
May 17, 2004, 05:10 PM

Originally posted by Psychonaut:
I'm currently working on an Internal Assessment for IB in Calculus and I need to make printable graphs of some exponential functions. I know Graphmatica works well for this purpose, but only on Windows. Anyone know of an OS X app to do this with?
Can't you use Excel?

f1000
Professional Poster
May 17, 2004, 05:21 PM

I'd use Maple or Mathematica to print out those functions, but since both software packages are rather expensive, I suggest that you try using Graphing Calculator in your 'Applications (Mac OS 9)' folder first.

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
May 17, 2004, 05:32 PM

There are lots of graphing programs available. Aside from the big, expensive ones, there are also lots of free ones like R or octave. If you want a very easy-to-use one, try Graph-O-Matic.

djohnson
Professional Poster
May 17, 2004, 05:52 PM

I am going to write a graphing program that imports excel sheets. I haven't had to deal with Calculus since Cal 3 four years ago! I wonder if I still remember any of it...

Jaey
Mac Elite
May 17, 2004, 06:26 PM

Mathematica gets my vote.

Forum Links
Forum Rules