Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Panther: Log-In

Panther: Log-In
Richard Clark
Senior User
Apr 21, 2005, 10:50 AM

Good Morning,

We are very close to implementing on our 100+ workstation users logging in through Active Directory.

It is working. But there is one annoyance right now: After a username and password is given some of the workstations comes up with screen that says:

Mac OS X
Workgroups for Others
(checkmark box) Enable Workgroup Management

(Grey empty space)

(checkmark box) Remember my Choice
Hold down Option Key at Login to Change

There is a Refresh and Log-in button at the bottom.

I was going to insert an image that I shot of the screen but I'm not allowed to send attachments? Any idea how to fix that?

More importantly, how do I keep this extra screen from coming up on workstations? Is there a specific preference or setting that needs to be looked at?

I thought that the extra screen might be coming up if there are multiple accounts on a workstation. So one of the machines that was acting fine (single account) I added a new account. The screen did not come up. So it blows that theory.

It's more annoying than anything. And for those that it will affect it will cause us headaches from a support view. If I can alleviate it, it would help.

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

"Tough Little Ship" - Riker
"LITTLE?" - Worf after having the Defiant salvaged by the Enterprise (First Contact)

Forum Links
Forum Rules