Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Library sharing

Library sharing
motoxpress
Jul 12, 2007, 11:48 AM

I am hoping this will be a feature in 2.0 but, one of the major motivatiosn for me to collect all of my media into a library is to share it with others (friends, family) who also have DM so we can more easily share media between ourselves. I realize I can putblish my library on the web now (via plugin) but, I would really like soe kind of mechanism that would alert/update those who I share with when I add or modify items.

Is this possible?

-mx

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 13, 2007, 04:54 PM

Sharing is a planned feature for Delicious Library 2.

MikeD
Mac Elite
Jul 26, 2007, 12:16 PM

Can you share libraries with the current version? I was thinking about getting this app but only my macbook has the built in iSight, but I would like to display the library on my PowerMac with the large cinema display. How can I do that?
2009 MacMini 2.0 C2D 4GB (3,1) - Needs update!
11" MBA (2010 1.6GHz C2D)
iPhone 4 / iPad!
Hooked on Apple since the IIGS

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 27, 2007, 12:42 AM

Easiest thing to do is scan everything in with your iSight, then copy the data folder over to the other computer.

MikeD
Mac Elite
Jul 27, 2007, 12:58 AM

Great!! Thanks! I actually went ahead and purchased the app today but am still loading items with the macbook! I'm still working on our library right now (it's actually fun in a sick way), will this be able to do my comic collection I have stored in boxes?

Mike
2009 MacMini 2.0 C2D 4GB (3,1) - Needs update!
11" MBA (2010 1.6GHz C2D)
iPhone 4 / iPad!
Hooked on Apple since the IIGS

brokenjago
Mac Elite
Jul 28, 2007, 12:04 AM

Unfortunately, due to the way Comic Book UPC codes are stored, you kinda can't.
Linkinus is king.

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 28, 2007, 02:40 PM

True. You can enter them manually, though. That sounds like a tremendous pain in the ass, but really, chances are you read only a few series, so you make one really good entry for each series, then either note which ones in the series you have (noting, perhaps, the number of issues in the # of media field) or duplicate this starter item (command-d) for each issue and only edit what's changed.

Admittedly, it's not ideal, but there it is.

Forum Links
Forum Rules