Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Google Earth crashes in OS Lion

Google Earth crashes in OS Lion
Ron K
Aug 3, 2012, 02:20 AM

I purchased my MBA in July 2010 loaded with Lion and have been unable to use Google Earth ever since, even though I have downloaded and installed the latest version. It either crashes upon opening or crashes shortly thereafter when I try to choose a place to view. I went to the Google Earth support page

http://support.google.com/earth/bin/answer.pyhl=en&answer=176181&topic=2376771&ctx=top ic

It discusses different types of "errors" which I am not informed enough to interpret, so I would like to ask for assistance here. I wonder if others here have had the same problem and how did you resolve it. Thanks.
2014 (mid) MBP: 15" with Retina display; 2.2GHz Intel quad Core i7, 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3, 256 Flash Storage

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 3, 2012, 03:06 AM

Copy the crash log out of the crash dialog and post it here.

Ron K  (op)
Aug 3, 2012, 03:58 AM

I cannot find a crash log or dialog except the window that appears to inform me that Google Earth suddenly quit and asking me if I want to send a report to Google.
2014 (mid) MBP: 15" with Retina display; 2.2GHz Intel quad Core i7, 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3, 256 Flash Storage

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 3, 2012, 08:16 AM

To Google or to Apple?

You don't have a text field in that dialog with the crash log you can copy?

Then switch to Finder, hold down the Option key, open the Go menu and select Library. The go the folder Logs, then DiagnosticReports.

Ron K  (op)
Aug 3, 2012, 02:13 PM

I really appreciate you taking the time to get to the report, but I have followed your instructions, and still cannot locate the log. I am currently reviewing the Library>Logs but do not find anything current. The Google Earth crashed just yesterday and again now, but there are no 2012 updates in any of the logs such as CrashReporter or [B]DiagnosticReports[/B. There is even a Google log, but nothing showing August. So, I am wondering why I am not finding the relevant data if I am in the right location? BTW, when I have looked at some of the logs, they are so long, as to be prohibitive as to copy and paste here.

Ham Sandwich
Aug 5, 2012, 07:29 AM

Greetings. I am unable to delete my posts, and apparently you moderators are on some kind of a strike.

Therefore, I have removed the content of the original post by hand.

I am asking for this post to be deleted, since I don't seem to have the option to do that myself.

Ron K  (op)
Aug 5, 2012, 03:26 PM

Thanks. I will give it a try.

Forum Links
Forum Rules