Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Amnesiac XCode

Amnesiac XCode
Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2003, 09:08 PM

I just recently upgraded my development machine to Panther, and there's one little thing that's driving me crazy: build flags won't stick. At first I couldn't figure out where you give it flags, but then I figured out it was under "Get Info" on a file. But even there, it won't actually remember any flags you give it. You close the Get Info window and they vanish. So am I missing something or is this a (pretty freaking huge) bug?

EDIT: Okay, I've got it figured out. You have to use a reference to the file listed under a target. I suppose that makes sense, in a slightly couterintuitive way. (Irritatingly enough, though, -fpermissive still doesn't seem to do what it used to do.)
( Last edited by Chuckit; Nov 21, 2003 at 11:14 PM. )
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

johnMG
Nov 22, 2003, 01:12 PM

You have to use a reference to the file listed under a target.

Hi Chuckit,

Could you please explain what you mean by that?

Thanks!

Chuckit  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 22, 2003, 05:20 PM

The file is normally referenced in several different groups in XCode -- the group with your project name, the group "Implementation Files," and the group "Targets." You have to change the reference listed under your target in order to make XCode do the right thing.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Forum Links
Forum Rules