Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Absolutely Sick (Disturbing Content Regarding Dog)

Absolutely Sick (Disturbing Content Regarding Dog)
Mar 23, 2007, 10:01 AM

Man cuts off head of little girl's dog - leaves it for her.

What should happen to this guy?

I think he should get 10 years in prison and pay for her psychological counseling for the rest of her life.

Unbelievable.

Mark Larr
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 23, 2007, 10:05 AM

I don't think killing her pet will make her want you.

What an idiot.
Shut up and eat your paisley.

invisibleX
Mac Elite
Mar 23, 2007, 10:17 AM

Eeiry, creepy, weird.

I really think we should bring back the stocks as a pre-prison hazing. Maybe post-prison too.
-"I don't believe in God. "
"That doesn't matter. He believes in you."

-"I'm not agnostic. Just nonpartisan. Theological Switzerland, that's me."

Y3a
Mac Elite
Mar 23, 2007, 11:29 AM

I like the idea of chaining the creep to a tree and whacking him about 50 times with a bull whip, and letting him stay chained to the tree until the flies find him.

marden
Baninated
Mar 23, 2007, 06:15 PM

Ladies and gentlemen,

When we begin seeing an increase in wildlife mutations it sends us into a tizzy of algoreian activity looking to find the environmental cause and shut down the economic engine of our very existence to stop the polluting before it becomes irreversibly apocalyptic.

But when our social and cultural environment produces increased numbers of human mutants such as this all we do is throw our hands up in resignation. 'What is this world coming to? It's terrible. He should be tortured and be made to suffer untold indignities!'

There's a great deal of satisfaction from retribution. But what can we do to prevent polluting our culture and society with the kinds of toxins that produce the number and variety of psycho-sexual and social aberrants that we see today?

We have TV shows, series and entire networks devoted to these mutations.

Law & Order SVU, Crime TV, "NBC Dateline: To Catch a Predator" and others.

And there is a link between this sickness we are seeing and what we permit or encourage in our society. The free lunch was never really free. There was always a cost to be assessed from 'progressivism,' ladies and gents. But we just elected a democratic congress and sent a message to Washington that we want MORE progressivism.

Progressivism?

If this is what you call progress then I guess we should all look forward in eager anticipation to our brave new world!

I drink to your health.
( Last edited by marden; Mar 23, 2007 at 06:23 PM. )

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 23, 2007, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by marden View Post
And there is a link between this sickness we are seeing and what we permit or encourage in our society. The free lunch was never really free. There was always a cost to be assessed from 'progressivism,' ladies and gents. But we just elected a democratic congress and sent a message to Washington that we want MORE progressivism.
I agree. We shouldn't allow people to drive cars anymore because of the few who would get into car accidents and kill someone. Civil liberties should always be curtailed to stop the few that will abuse them.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

marden
Baninated
Mar 23, 2007, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by goMac View Post
I agree. We shouldn't allow people to drive cars anymore because of the few who would get into car accidents and kill someone. Civil liberties should always be curtailed to stop the few that will abuse them.
When there is a sharp upward spike in the numbers and/or severity of auto accidents wouldn't you be interested in finding out what it is due to? Wouldn't you try to address the problem?

Maybe you wouldn't. I don't know.

But when studies began to show an unusually large number of traffic accidents occurred involving drivers talking on cell phones there were studies done and it showed that talking on the phone while driving is a real contributing factor in a statistically significant number of accidents, so laws were enacted to address the problem.

See? That's what prudent folks do in a healthy society to keep it healthy.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 23, 2007, 07:09 PM

When there is a sharp upward spike in the numbers and/or severity of auto accidents wouldn't you be interested in finding out what it is due to? Wouldn't you try to address the problem?
Has there been a sharp upward spike of beheaded dog heads being left on people's doorstep?

It's one event. No matter what kind of society we live in one person is going to do something bizarre. It's hardly a call to roll back civil liberties in society.
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 23, 2007, 07:41 PM

Ladies and gentlemen,

When we begin seeing an increase in wildlife mutations it sends us into a tizzy of algoreian activity looking to find the environmental cause and shut down the economic engine of our very existence to stop the polluting before it becomes irreversibly apocalyptic.

But when our social and cultural environment produces increased numbers of human mutants such as this all we do is throw our hands up in resignation. 'What is this world coming to? It's terrible. He should be tortured and be made to suffer untold indignities!'

There's a great deal of satisfaction from retribution. But what can we do to prevent polluting our culture and society with the kinds of toxins that produce the number and variety of psycho-sexual and social aberrants that we see today?

Progressivism?

If this is what you call progress then I guess we should all look forward in eager anticipation to our brave new world!

I drink to your health.
I hate bust your bubble there, Mr. Look at My Intelligence, but this incident has nothing to do with your ridiculous association with "progressivism." It has to do with a very seriously disturbed individual, who needs to be locked away forever. But I would like to thank you for posting this, because it ties quite nicely into this thread, where you never answered me, because you don't have one. http://forums.macnn.com/95/political...range-predict/

So, I'll ask it again; who, or what, is making you, or anyone else, watch this stuff that you allegedly find so reprehensible, while you show your hypocrisy by posting about how women with enormous boods are hot, as you did here; http://forums.macnn.com/89/macnn-lou...yon-skywalk/2/

You want to paint all the "evil" in this country with the broad brush of blaming it on "progressivism," while you're either to naive to know that's not true, or, more likely, you're being disingenuous, because you know as well as I do that people on either side of the aisle partake of this "entertainment," because that's what they choose to do, not because that's what they're made to do. The media gives people what they want, and that includes people on the entire political spectrum, including some alleged family values people, like Rudy Guiliani, Newt Gingrich and John McCain. Of course, now that I think about it, they must be for family values; they've had eight wives between the three of them, so they must have pretty large families.

Keep trying to convince yourself, and watch that you don't break your arm, trying once again to pat yourself on the back.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

marden
Baninated
Mar 23, 2007, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by goMac View Post
Has there been a sharp upward spike of beheaded dog heads being left on people's doorstep?

It's one event. No matter what kind of society we live in one person is going to do something bizarre. It's hardly a call to roll back civil liberties in society.
As I pointed out above:

No one is talking about rolling back civil liberties. Leave it to you guys to look first to bigger government and extra laws to solve matters.

marden
Baninated
Mar 23, 2007, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by KarlG View Post
I hate bust your bubble there, Mr. Look at My Intelligence, but this incident has nothing to do with your ridiculous association with "progressivism." It has to do with a very seriously disturbed individual, who needs to be locked away forever. But I would like to thank you for posting this, because it ties quite nicely into this thread, where you never answered me, because you don't have one. http://forums.macnn.com/95/political...range-predict/

So, I'll ask it again; who, or what, is making you, or anyone else, watch this stuff that you allegedly find so reprehensible, while you show your hypocrisy by posting about how women with enormous boods are hot, as you did here; http://forums.macnn.com/89/macnn-lou...yon-skywalk/2/

You want to paint all the "evil" in this country with the broad brush of blaming it on "progressivism," while you're either to naive to know that's not true, or, more likely, you're being disingenuous, because you know as well as I do that people on either side of the aisle partake of this "entertainment," because that's what they choose to do, not because that's what they're made to do. The media gives people what they want, and that includes people on the entire political spectrum, including some alleged family values people, like Rudy Guiliani, Newt Gingrich and John McCain. Of course, now that I think about it, they must be for family values; they've had eight wives between the three of them, so they must have pretty large families.

Keep trying to convince yourself, and watch that you don't break your arm, trying once again to pat yourself on the back.
As long as there are at least enough conservatives doing anything bad for you to use as a smokescreen to hide behind (even if the ratio were overwhelmingly tilted against liberals) you will always use that tired old saw and imply that there is no difference between libs and regular good folk. It's all just an amorphous blob. Kind of like a liberal progressive orgy where there are bodies all poking and probing and grabbing and smearing each other and it doesn't matter as long as it feels good.

That is, until it's time to clean things up from the excesses of er let's say 'pleasure.'

This dog head cutter off-er is the human equivalent of progressivism's dried crusty that just can't easily be hidden or washed out.

Go ahead and assert otherwise! Your fellow human beings will take your advocacy of progressive excess and degeneracy for what it is. A veiled and uncaring assault on common decency. It's time we take back our society from the excessive progressives.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 23, 2007, 08:17 PM

Riiight. Conservatives don't go to Los Vegas and hire prostitutes. Conservatives don't watch any of the shows you mention. All the divorced people, except for Guiliani, McCain, Gingrich, and Rush Gasbag, are liberals. How about that jpeg that you were so excited about; according to your "logic" you must be the only conservative with the hots for women with huge boobs, as the rest are all liberals. You don't realize how foolish you sound; keep digging yourself deeper and deeper. People choose to watch this crap, and that includes just as many conservatives as liberals, and your delusion otherwise don't change the facts. If you truly believe the generalizations you spout, then there is nothing further to say, other than the fact that denial isn't the river in Egypt.

marden
Baninated
Mar 23, 2007, 08:34 PM

Riiight. Conservatives don't go to Los Vegas and hire prostitutes. Conservatives don't watch any of the shows you mention. All the divorced people, except for Guiliani, McCain, Gingrich, and Rush Gasbag, are liberals. How about that jpeg that you were so excited about; according to your "logic" you must be the only conservative with the hots for women with huge boobs, as the rest are all liberals. You don't realize how foolish you sound; keep digging yourself deeper and deeper. People choose to watch this crap, and that includes just as many conservatives as liberals, and your delusion otherwise don't change the facts. If you truly believe the generalizations you spout, then there is nothing further to say, other than the fact that denial isn't the river in Egypt.
The difference her can be summarized thusly.

Conservatives have the same urges and thoughts as anyone else.

Liberals want to legalize and de-stigmatize the societal prohibitions that prevent our acting on those thoughts and urges.

And as they gain greater success in selling us on the idea that it's ok to be bad. (This is called pandering.) Society suffers and the liberal's answer is MORE LIBERALISM, MORE EXCESS!

BTW, isn't that what the serpent supposedly did in the Garden of Eden? And so that would make liberals the...

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 23, 2007, 09:11 PM

No one is talking about rolling back civil liberties. Leave it to you guys to look first to bigger government and extra laws to solve matters.
Conservatives are against big government?

Boy, I don't know where you've been for the last six years...

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 23, 2007, 09:43 PM

Uh, Marden? Can I point something out to you?

Actors and directors don't get to decide what movies and TV shows get made. They're just glad to get hired.

It's guys in suits who call the shots. It's corporations like:

20th Century Fox.
Disney.
Sony.
Time Warner.
Viacom.
Universal.
MGM.

One suit alone (Eisner) nearly trashed Disney.

Stop blaming the creative talent for the crap they're asked to make.

On November 11 2001, more than forty top Hollywood executives met for two hours with Karl Rove, George W. Bush’s chief political advisor, to discuss ways in which the film industry could contribute to the “war on terrorism.”

marden
Baninated
Mar 23, 2007, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Face Ache View Post
Uh, Marden? Can I point something out to you?

Actors and directors don't get to decide what movies and TV shows get made. They're just glad to get hired.

It's guys in suits who call the shots. It's corporations like:

20th Century Fox.
Disney.
Sony.
Time Warner.
Viacom.
Universal.
MGM.

One suit alone (Eisner) nearly trashed Disney.

Stop blaming the creative talent for the crap they're asked to make.

Boy are you going to cringe when you realize the truth of what I was saying. Re-read the post.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 23, 2007, 10:14 PM

The difference her can be summarized thusly.

Liberals want to legalize and de-stigmatize the societal prohibitions that prevent our acting on those thoughts and urges.

And as they gain greater success in selling us on the idea that it's ok to be bad. (This is called pandering.) Society suffers and the liberal's answer is MORE LIBERALISM, MORE EXCESS!

BTW, isn't that what the serpent supposedly did in the Garden of Eden? And so that would make liberals the...
What a load of crap! So conservatives have those thoughts and desires, but don't act on them, and liberals do? Conservatives don't divorce, and cheat on their wives, etc., but they think about it, eh? You obviously don't realize how silly you sound, painting with such a broad brush. Somebody obviously gave you a 6" coarse wallpaper glue brush, and now you think you're an artist.

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Mar 23, 2007, 10:20 PM

Made me think of the Kevin Mitchell incident that Dwight Gooden did (or did not) write about. The 1986 New York Mets were a lively bunch apparently, but the Mitchell story is nuts. Link to a Snopes article on it. Lots of foul language.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

marden
Baninated
Mar 23, 2007, 10:38 PM

What a load of crap! So conservatives have those thoughts and desires, but don't act on them, and liberals do? Conservatives don't divorce, and cheat on their wives, etc., but they think about it, eh? You obviously don't realize how silly you sound, painting with such a broad brush. Somebody obviously gave you a 6" coarse wallpaper glue brush, and now you think you're an artist.
Even with the 'cheat sheet' at your fingertips you STILL got it wrong!

Originally Posted by marden

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 23, 2007, 11:10 PM

Boy are you going to cringe when you realize the truth of what I was saying. Re-read the post.
Please explain.

marden
Baninated
Mar 24, 2007, 12:29 AM

Please explain.
In this regard I did not say actors and directors were responsible for our moral decay (that can be addressed in another thread). I think you should slow down, breathe and then read the thread.

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 24, 2007, 01:18 AM

In this regard I did not say actors and directors were responsible for our moral decay (that can be addressed in another thread). I think you should slow down, breathe and then read the thread.
I've read it, thanks. You seem to be either suggesting that the people who run the movie and TV studios are liberals and are responsible for the decay of society, or that the viewers are liberals who are responsible for the decay in society. Or perhaps it's a more generalized rant against all liberals and their incessant depravity and decaying of society.

Either way, your lot are sweet, innocent (gun toting, war loving) little lambs.

Personally, I blame the Simpsons.

... you will always use that tired old saw and imply that there is no difference between libs and regular good folk.
Huh? Liberals ARE the "regular good folk".

Are you afraid if we decriminalize bestiality you won't be able to stop yourself?

"What's that, Lassie?! Marden's been chasing you round the yard again?!"

marden
Baninated
Mar 24, 2007, 01:25 AM

We have so much aberrant behavior these days (when compared to the days of yore) that we now have this:

...TV shows, series and entire networks devoted to these mutations.

These are testaments to the proliferation of mutant degenerates resulting from our progressive ideas and policies.

Can you understand my point, now?

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 24, 2007, 01:36 AM

We have so much aberrant behavior these days (when compared to the days of yore) that we now have this:

These are testaments to the proliferation of mutant degenerates resulting from our progressive ideas and policies.

Can you understand my point, now?
I don't see how it relates to "liberals".

I might point out that buggery was big in ancient Greece. They only invaded other countries because they had to keep moving. Once you stopped for a second... WAHEY!

Romans were big on orgies. Then they invaded Greece. Can you imagine! Don't even get me started on Caligula.

So, when was this "perfect" society? London 1888? Oklahoma 1902? Charlottesville 1953?

Bad things have always happened, and there has always been someone blaming someone else as to why.

marden
Baninated
Mar 24, 2007, 01:46 AM

I don't see how it relates to "liberals".

I might point out that buggery was big in ancient Greece. They only invaded other countries because they had to keep moving. Once you stopped for a second... WAHEY!

Romans were big on orgies. Then they invaded Greece. Can you imagine! Don't even get me started on Caligula.

So, when was this "perfect" society? London 1888? Oklahoma 1902? Charlottesville 1953?

Bad things have always happened, and there has always been someone blaming someone else as to why.
[ TITLE: 11pm, JULY 25th 1967 ]

PRESIDENT LYNDON B. JOHNSON: Law and order have broken down in Detroit, Michigan. Pillage, looting, murder…

VO: Only a few years before, President Johnson had promised policies that would create a new and a better world in America. He had called it “the Great Society.”

[ TITLE: President LYNDON JOHNSON, 1964 ]

JOHNSON: The Great Society is in place where every child can find knowledge to enrich his mind. It is a place where the City of Man…

VO: But now, in the wake of some of the worst riots ever seen in America, that dream seemed to have ended in violence and hatred. One prominent liberal journalist called Irving Kristol began to question whether it might actually be the policies themselves that were causing social breakdown.

IRVING KRISTOL: If you had asked any liberal in 1960, we are going to pass these laws, these laws, these laws, and these laws, mentioning all the laws that in fact were passed in the 1960s and ‘70s, would you say crime will go up, drug addiction will go up, illegitimacy will go up, or will they get down? Obviously, everyone would have said, they will get down. And everyone would have been wrong. Now, that’s not something that the liberals have been able to face up to. They’ve had their reforms, and they have led to consequences that they did not expect and they don’t know what to do about.
Transcript - The Power of Nightmares - Part 1

And those progressive failures of the 1960's and 1970's planted the seeds that took root and grew to contribute to cause today's malaise.

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 24, 2007, 01:59 AM

Umm... Irving Kristol is a Neocon. I wouldn't listen to him - he'll get you in trouble.

How much of a jump is it from Leo Strauss to fascism?

Besides, as your link says:

The story begins in the summer of 1949...
So any of these things could just as easily have caused the downfall of our glorious society.

September 5 - A former sharpshooter in World War II, Howard Unruh kills 13 neighbours in Camden, New Jersey with a souvenir Luger to become America's first single-episode mass murderer.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 24, 2007, 02:18 AM

Why didn't you say it was Lyndon Johnson's fault in the first place?

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but this culture we have of instant gratification, and taking what we want, without regard to others, started the day after we gained our independence, and has escalated ever since, especially now that we have instant communications and quicker access to the world's resources. This has nothing to do with liberals or conservatives. It has to do with me, me, me, me, and damn you if you get in my way. You just need somebody to pin the problems on, in the hopes that you can go back to the mythical "good old days," so it's quite understandable why you're as deluded as you are.

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Mar 25, 2007, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by  View Post
Man cuts off head of little girl's dog - leaves it for her.

What should happen to this guy?

I think he should get 10 years in prison and pay for her psychological counseling for the rest of her life.

Unbelievable.
I'm sure he only did it for a joke, its probably best not to overreact.
im only joking

swarmofkillermonkeys
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 25, 2007, 07:27 AM

"BTW, isn't that what the serpent supposedly did in the Garden of Eden? And so that would make liberals the..."

No way man, like everyone knows that if Adam was a liberal there is, like, totally no way he'd leave a hot nekkid Eve by her self! Liberals aren't afraid of sex! Course, God probably would have them when Adam and the snake lit up a HUGE fig leaf splif afterwards, griping how Got was "the man" who was always "keeping him down". You know there'd be an old-testament pimp-slap comin: "That crap smells like dead skunk! OUT! Out of my baseme- er, garden! It's time you stood on your own two feet mister! And no more allowance!!"

I kid, I kid! (no really, those librals are all pot smoking crazy hippies -- shh, don't worry, marden, they're all so stoned they'll forget all about this by tomorrow -- our secret!)

BTW, if you could all just STOP picking on marden for a while, I have a VERY important question I need to ask. I'm positive that marden is one of the very few that will be able to answer this great question in my lifetime.

Ahem. Marden. What DOES all that crazy stuff on the Dr. Bronner soap label mean? I mean, I can read the words, but what does it MEAN? Are we the "All-One" or the "One-for-all"? And peppermint, why does it smell like peppermint of all things??

HELP ME, MARDEN... YOUR MY ONLY HOPE.
[transmission ends]

Forum Links
Forum Rules