Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Hope for the AI "pro portable"

Hope for the AI "pro portable"
craigthomas
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 25, 2003, 12:30 PM

Yup, to me the 17" is pro, but not portable. The 12" is cute, but not pro. The 1GHz TiBook is the best of both, but missing some future features that I will want someday. I do think that the best selling portable is yet to be announced: the 15" AIbook. Unfortunately, we'll probably have to live with side ports with it, but life is give and take I suppose. Hopefully the take will include a faster processer, bus, and HD along with the other 17" features. Hey, I'm actually thinking of upgrading my perfect TiBook, shame on me.

Check this out.

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2003, 02:16 PM

Hey, side ports are awesome man! I suppose it's a matter of preference, but I find side ports instead of ones on the back make it a lot easier to plug in and unplug the computer. The ports on the TiBook are hard to reach, and it takes a LOT of effort to get the ethernet cable out of the TiBook's ethernet port because that damn hinge is in the way.

My iBook is so convenient. Yeah, it ends up taking up more desk space, but I like it.

BTW, if the 15" PowerBook gets a Radeon 9600 that would kick ass!

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 25, 2003, 02:20 PM

Nah, I think we'll end up seeing the Nvidia GF4 440Go in the 15" AlBook... it seems to me that the 15s and 17s deserve something better.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

twil13
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 25, 2003, 04:06 PM

Originally posted by MacNStein:
Nah, I think we'll end up seeing the Nvidia GF4 440Go in the 15" AlBook... it seems to me that the 15s and 17s deserve something better.
I dont think so. The 440Go is inferior to the current MR9000. I dont think we will see a new 15" in may or even june, because Apple will prob want to give the 17" a better vid card and speed bump also. My prediction is the new 15 will come out in august or semptember with a MR9600, which is an incredible card and the one I would want in any laptop that I purchased. It blows Nvidia away right now, and the HDTV support would go great with my Sony Wega

Tony

Forum Links
Forum Rules