Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > .exe and .cab file formats

.exe and .cab file formats
kuvasz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2003, 07:45 PM

I'm not very tech-oriented, but here's my situation.

I have a Quicksilver powermac and OS 9.2.2. I'll buy a PB in the coming months and update then to 10.x.

Right now, I cannnot buy a foldable keyboard (from Compaq/HP) for my iPAQ 2200 until I know that I can update the software drivers.

And since the those drivers are in .exe file format, I cannot download and install those drivers.

Believe it or not, I posted a letter at the complaint page of HP's site, encouraging them to use a .cab file format - or some mac-friendly format.

If you'd like to lend your voice to encourage HP not to assume that all computer owners have PCs, then here is the url.
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/...omplaints.html

If you have any advice for me, I'd be glad to receive it.

- k

KEL9000
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2003, 08:34 PM

get use to it.
I am now going to tell the computer what he can do with a life-times supply of chocolate.

kuvasz  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2003, 10:56 PM

I'm going to try to do something about it.

- k

Catfish_Man
Mac Elite
Nov 22, 2003, 12:02 AM

Originally posted by kuvasz:
I'm not very tech-oriented, but here's my situation.

I have a Quicksilver powermac and OS 9.2.2. I'll buy a PB in the coming months and update then to 10.x.

Right now, I cannnot buy a foldable keyboard (from Compaq/HP) for my iPAQ 2200 until I know that I can update the software drivers.

And since the those drivers are in .exe file format, I cannot download and install those drivers.

Believe it or not, I posted a letter at the complaint page of HP's site, encouraging them to use a .cab file format - or some mac-friendly format.

If you'd like to lend your voice to encourage HP not to assume that all computer owners have PCs, then here is the url.
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/...omplaints.html

If you have any advice for me, I'd be glad to receive it.

- k
.exe means it's a windows program. It's not a matter of changing the file format, it's a matter of rewriting the entire driver.

Forum Links
Forum Rules