Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 120 Gig Hard Drive as BTO...How Long (to 160 Gig As BTO)

120 Gig Hard Drive as BTO...How Long (to 160 Gig As BTO)
macndave
Forum Regular
Apr 6, 2006, 08:16 PM

Anyone recall how long it took Apple to offer the 120 gig hard drive as a BTO option from the time of their general availablity?

I am very much interested in purchasing a BTO MacBook Pro (2.16Ghz with 2 gig of RAM) but I want a 160 gigabyte hard drive. I've a 120 gig drive in my PowerBook 1.5mhz G4. I intend to install WinXP (I know, I know, but I do a little MS Access development for my day job). My current PowerBook has about 25 gigs free, so the additional space for the existing data (mostly thousands of iTunes and iPhotos) and future data would be greatly appreciated...and needed.

1.5Ghz AlBook G4 + 20" Cinema Display
Cable Modem via Airport Express
iSight Enabled @ dmwilsonh

mduell
Posting Junkie
Apr 6, 2006, 09:02 PM

Considering how much Apple usually charges for new components, you may be better off buying it now with a small disk and paying an Apple authorized service place to do the swap (CompUSA charges $30 IIRC). Plus you could do that today, instead of waiting some indefinite period of time.

edit: After checking the price of the drive, it will probably be cheaper to wait for Apple to offer it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules