Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Is $600 worth an upgrade to a 667 from a 500

Is $600 worth an upgrade to a 667 from a 500
craigthomas
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2002, 02:44 PM

I have a friend buyer that wants my Ti500. Bottom line is when it's sold and I have my new Ti 667 I'll be out only $600 (I have access to an Apple promo price).

I use a 20" monitor with my Ti and would like to have a faster HD for Photoshop - I'm hoping the faster graphics chip will improve the speed of using two monitors.

I'm sure that New York will show up with a faster PB, but that is 3 months away.

Appreciate any thoughts or comments.

acadian
Senior User
Mar 20, 2002, 03:18 PM

I went from a Ti500 to my 667 and can say without a doubt there is a discernable speed difference between the two, especially under OS X. As for waiting on Rev. C, 3 months in this industry is a lifetime and if you absolutely require the edge than go for it.

blueBEAT design
people ruin everything....

bacchus
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 20, 2002, 06:41 PM

craig i just sent you a private message, but in case you don't get it..

maybe you'd be interested in a middle ground solution? Like buying the 667 and trading it to me for my 550 and some cash?

i've been searching high and low for a good price on a 667, and so maybe we could work something out.

You'd get the value of the much improved video card in my 550, but without a big cost hit...

Let me know.

[email protected]
http://www.repair-xp.com
-----------------------------
If you're looking for information on the best windows xp repair tools , check out www.repair-xp.com

rhansen_x
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 20, 2002, 06:48 PM

My Ti667 smokes my co-workers 500. The 133 mhz system bus and the updated graphics card makes plus the built in burner make it a better machine than the 500. Not sure about MWNY - check the other postings about new TiBooks.

rh
Forget the curveball Rickey, give 'im the heater.

craigthomas  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2002, 07:40 PM

If I'm going to jump from 500, I'll go all the way to the current top (667). Still, I dread setting up the new system.

art_director
Professional Poster
Mar 21, 2002, 12:07 PM

You'll be happy with the 667. It's a wonderful machine.

Forum Links
Forum Rules