Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > RAM for Ti 500-cheapest/best place to buy?

RAM for Ti 500-cheapest/best place to buy?
craigthomas
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 2, 2002, 02:40 AM

I'm thinking of taking my Ti to a Gig of RAM from 768 that I have now. The cheapest I could find is Memory to Go for 172.00. I was a proud Ramjet customer for years, but their Ti RAM never goes down from it's higher prices. They have the best customer service and it pains me not to buy from them. But, considering the economy as it stands, I have to look for the deal.

Any ideas?

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2002, 03:58 AM

Do you really need a whole gigabyte of RAM?

If you're running OS X and aren't working with hundred-megabyte Photoshop files or heavy DV, you should reconsider spending $178 for another 256 megabytes of RAM. It won't make the machine feel much faster.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Feb 3, 2002, 09:36 AM

This question -- which belongs in Peripherals -- is asked seemingly daily. So just go look there, because I'm just going to close this thread.

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules