Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Apple Keynote 1.1.1 in Software Update....

Apple Keynote 1.1.1 in Software Update....
gorickey
Posting Junkie
Oct 24, 2003, 07:18 AM

Sorry, I didn't see this on any of the software update sites, nor posted anywhere else for that matter; however, Keynote 1.1.1 has been posted in Software Update....

ae77
Forum Regular
Oct 24, 2003, 08:08 AM

thanks!
^_^

Judge_Fire
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2003, 10:36 AM

Hmm, I wonder what's keeping them from adding QuickTime controls to movies.

Problems with mouse click management?

It's kinda annoying since there a lot of movies, both regular and vr, I'd like to use inline.

J

PowerMatt
Senior User
Oct 24, 2003, 11:08 AM

Still no support for transitions when moving backwards to previous slides. I haven't found a plugin yet that will do this. I guess I will stick with PowerPoint for a little while longer.
It I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you.

Horsepoo!!!
Banned
Oct 24, 2003, 11:38 AM

Originally posted by PowerMatt:
Still no support for transitions when moving backwards to previous slides. I haven't found a plugin yet that will do this. I guess I will stick with PowerPoint for a little while longer.
You will stick with PowerPoint a while longer because Keynote doesn't have transitions when going back to a previous slide?

Good lord. Well I guess some people have different priorities.

PowerMatt
Senior User
Oct 24, 2003, 12:50 PM

Originally posted by Horsepoo!!!:
You will stick with PowerPoint a while longer because Keynote doesn't have transitions when going back to a previous slide?

Good lord. Well I guess some people have different priorities.
I use PP for running slides for song words at the church I attend. If our music director decides to do verse 1 again after verse 2, I have no transition. It may not seem like a big thing but it is the only think keeping me from using Keynote for everything.
It I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you.

Horsepoo!!!
Banned
Oct 24, 2003, 12:52 PM

Originally posted by PowerMatt:
I use PP for running slides for song words at the church I attend. If our music director decides to do verse 1 again after verse 2, I have no transition. It may not seem like a big thing but it is the only think keeping me from using Keynote for everything.
Hmmm...makes sense. My apologies.

bonk
Oct 24, 2003, 01:44 PM

When I do songs, I go for no transition. Sometimes words change to quick to need one.

How's the video playback performance? Keynote 1.1 does an OK job. I stretch my 720x480 movies full screen (from FCP) and play them, keynote seems to get about 25fps while PowerPoint will play them with no problem at 30fps. Most people don't notice, but it just really bugs me, and I'm running off a rev B 17".

Keynote would be so much more awesome if it didn't disable the mouse while presenting the slide show (2 displays).
Dual 500 G4 :: 576mb :: 180gb (120+40+20)
17" PB G4 1.33 gHz :: 1gb :: 80 gb @ 5400rpm

macfly
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2003, 03:39 PM

any way to present the show on another monitor while having access to the note view on the main computerso u can remember additional stuff as u talk?
munching magic pills and listening to
repetitive electronic music....

jackSprat
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2003, 03:42 PM

PowerMatt,

I too find transitions on my lyrics to be a pain. I think that a large group of people running a lyric tend to not use the transitions on lyrics but on the other slides within a show. I personally am not fond of the linear design of Keynote or PPT for worship but they do have strong capabilities. Have you looked at 'worship software' such as SundayPlus or ProPresenter?

To the rest of the group:

Do you think the animation and timining feautres and the shadow controls and some of the other PPT XP features not yet on the Mac version may find counter parts on Keynote in the near future? And how about taking text a huge leap forward - any time soon?

kcmac
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2003, 04:15 PM

Was this update just really to make sure Keynote has no hiccups with Panther?

I mean really, Keynote has been out for quite awhile, many suggestions have been sent to feedback, etc.

I'm hoping to see a real update soon.

bonk
Oct 24, 2003, 04:25 PM

Originally posted by macfly:
any way to present the show on another monitor while having access to the note view on the main computerso u can remember additional stuff as u talk?
Yes, I do it all of the time. The crappy thing is that it disables the mouse. So what you see on the notes page is always the same, no way to scroll through it.

macfly
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2003, 05:02 PM

thanks Bonk...how's it done? i gave a presentation today...my first...and couldnt gigure out how to do it...was using a tibook 550 and hooked up to a projector. went into displays and set it to mirror since trying to set them up side by side i couldnt get it to play on the projector only

macfly
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2003, 05:05 PM

never mind....i was being a lazy dufus. duh, the help module explained it. thanks anyway!

bonk
Oct 24, 2003, 05:10 PM

A trick I started doing: set the projector desktop picture to solid black. Then you can exit Keynote/presentation and no one notices since it's just all black. Comes in handy when you have to switch presentations etc.

Forum Links
Forum Rules