Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Modern Warfare 2 thread

Modern Warfare 2 thread (Page 20)
klb5090
Mac Elite
Jan 4, 2010, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
I've simply switched my addiction into secrecy, and it's no going to get better with yet another STALKER game waiting on my hard drive.
So what is it with these "STALKER" games sek? give me a run down, you've peaked my interest since we usually like similar games.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 4, 2010, 02:24 PM

They hone your skills for tracking down celebrities in real life.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Jan 4, 2010, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
They hone your skills for tracking down celebrities in real life.
i always knew all that time off xbox live was well spent "working" trying to find Miley Cyrus

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 4, 2010, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by klb5090 View Post
That was hilarious, my brother joined our game without me knowing, i look up to see Kevin Bogues, Alex Bogues, and [Bges] Dakar Zero, awesome sauce.
I was wondering if that was your actual brother. Since his location was listed as Canada.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 4, 2010, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by klb5090 View Post
So what is it with these "STALKER" games sek? give me a run down, you've peaked my interest since we usually like similar games.
It's a FPS RPG-style survival horror game set in the "Exclusion Zone" that surrounds the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant.

There have been 3 games to date:

STALKER - Shadow of Chernobyl (I give it a 8 out of 10)
STALKER - Clear Sky (remains to be played)
STALKER - Call of Pripyat (9 out of 10)

Gameplay focuses on intense battles with both humans and creatures and creeping silently through darkness avoiding encounters. Every encounter is unique and challenging, and almost every enemy has the power to kill you throughout the game without much effort. Much harder than most any other game you've played. Player can bleed to death, despite the use of medipacks, must also use bandages to stop bleeding. You can search for 'artifacts' that are worth money, but require braving dangerous anomalies in order to reach them, these artifacts can also augment the player's skill set....adding regeneration, resistance to radiation, ability to run farther, etc....

The first game was buggy, not unbearable but definitely rough around the edges. The latest STALKER is sublime. I compare it to Fallout 3, only with realistic shooting and ballistics (bullets drop) and a constant sense of urgency.

I am amassing some cool screenshots of the latest game (Call of Pripyat) on my second run-through (yes it's that good). Expect a STALKER thread soon if you are curious about more. My only wish is that my iMac had a little more power in the GFX department. Though I find it very playable on medium settings around 25-30 FPS.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Jan 4, 2010, 05:41 PM

My only wish is that my iMac had a little more power in the GFX department. Though I find it very playable on medium settings around 25-30 FPS.
I only wonder if my macbook pro could handle it at any decent level

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 4, 2010, 06:02 PM

Well, I'm sure CPU and RAM aren't an issue.

I'm running 1280x720, medium settings, Object based Dynamic Lighting (second to lowest setting) on an Ati Radeon 2400HD 128MB. Some parts (like water effects) can make the FPS dip to around 15, and other interior levels run at over 50FPS.

Setting the game to Static Lighting makes it run liquid smooth, but pretty much kills the atmosphere, which is a massive draw for this game IMO.

Mac User #001
Mac Elite
Jan 4, 2010, 06:04 PM

I own STALKER and Clear Sky. Both pretty amazing games.

Pripyat has yet to release in the US. Glad to hear its that good though.
I have returned... 2020 MacBook Air - 1.1 GHz Quad-Core i5 - 16 GB RAM

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 4, 2010, 07:26 PM

I'm playing the Russian version with a rough english translation, and yes, it's pretty damn cool. Graphically not much different than either previous game, but they've really polished those rough edges I mentioned earlier.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 5, 2010, 11:31 AM

Congratulations, Jawbone, you might be the only person who keeps weirder hours than me.

mattyb: Is your clan HC only?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 5, 2010, 12:58 PM

I've decided to fire up MW2 tonight, hope to see you jerks on.

Rumor
Jan 5, 2010, 11:10 PM

I have five more achievements until I have 100% for DA. Which is one more playthrough. After that, I'll be spending more time on MW2. I will have to play a little (read: lot) of catch up, but it isn't a big deal.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 6, 2010, 01:09 AM

• Jawbone values his Family & Friends more than us. Weirdo.
So far they only want to party up and play 4 or 5-person private free-for-alls on Rust, Scrapyard, and Sub Base. As much as I still kind of suck, I'm beating them handily, racking up 50+ kills with less than 5 deaths on several occasions. I'm trying to baby step them into public matches, but they're getting slaughtered.

But they're still family and we're talking trash constantly, so it's still fun.

Congratulations, Jawbone, you might be the only person who keeps weirder hours than me.
I've tried to tell you people that I don't sleep. I've seen you online second-most, trailing far behind MechWolfOSX.

NEW TOPIC:

I've only had the game since the day after Christmas, but I'm already anticipating a new map pack. What are your most-loved and most-hated maps?

Most-loved: Sub Base. I don't really know why. I have had some of my best matches there, but the map is laid out in such a way that just makes sense to me. Highrise is barely less-loved, and it tends to play to my strengths, so I dig.

Most-hated: Quarry. I freaking hate the map. Underpass isn't much better, either.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 6, 2010, 04:38 AM

mattyb: Is your clan HC only?
No, but there is a small group that refuses to play the Standard TDM, S&D and HQ gametypes. I only seem to play HC when I'm on my own. You come across some UK-A members? There are a few that can be very impolite to Americans. I apologise on their behalf.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 6, 2010, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
Most-loved: Sub Base. I don't really know why. I have had some of my best matches there, but the map is laid out in such a way that just makes sense to me. Highrise is barely less-loved, and it tends to play to my strengths, so I dig.

Most-hated: Quarry. I freaking hate the map. Underpass isn't much better, either.
Now that I've played it for a while, I don't *HATE* any map. Even Rust is tolerable. For HQ and Demolition, spawning far from the target, like on Wasteland, is a real pain but I don't hate the map.

I used to hate Quarry, but now that I know it, I really enjoy playing it. Good map for S&D. Underpass as well. I used to hate it but now that I really know my way around its pretty fun. Think that it depends what gametype you're playing really. You only doing TDM?

Since they've fixed a few things recently, I have a new pet hate : Boosters. They come into a match, 5th or 6th Prestige, acting like twats, flouting their 10 Nukes symbol and then get their arses kicked. We had a whole clan of them last night. Don't think that they got over 3000 in the TDMs that we played. They finally quit during a match.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 6, 2010, 12:06 PM

So far they only want to party up and play 4 or 5-person private free-for-alls on Rust, Scrapyard, and Sub Base. As much as I still kind of suck, I'm beating them handily, racking up 50+ kills with less than 5 deaths on several occasions. I'm trying to baby step them into public matches, but they're getting slaughtered.
Well, what kind of gamers are they? The one dude's av looks old.

I was curious whether you were doing private matches, as I have penchant for jumping in other people's games.

I've tried to tell you people that I don't sleep.
SO what do you average per night then?

Well, I love Terminal still, but its waned. I'm down with Skidrow and Sub Base because I usually roll on there (Though that coincides with my class with stopping power). I've been on a sniper kick lately, so Estate is cool.

Underpass isn't bad, you just need the right set-up for it. I too hated it when I started out (along with Favela). Quarry is absolute garbage. It's like an inverse Wasteland (which is also terrible). Whoever though "Hey, I bet people would love walking around in blind valleys with no exits" is an idiot. Derail kinda sucks too, just because its very one dimensional.

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
No, but there is a small group that refuses to play the Standard TDM, S&D and HQ gametypes. I only seem to play HC when I'm on my own. You come across some UK-A members? There are a few that can be very impolite to Americans. I apologise on their behalf.
Just curious if you were playing reg TDM. Your XP rate seems to have snowballed some since your last prestige.

Since they've fixed a few things recently, I have a new pet hate : Boosters. They come into a match, 5th or 6th Prestige, acting like twats, flouting their 10 Nukes symbol and then get their arses kicked. We had a whole clan of them last night. Don't think that they got over 3000 in the TDMs that we played. They finally quit during a match.
I absolutely love people who suck. Also,nothing better than joining a lobby seeing the guys with the most points on the other team, drilling them, and having them all leave after one match.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 6, 2010, 01:05 PM

I am incredibly rusty at this game, therefore I'm going to wait until I can play with Dakar and Boy8 to boost my confidence.

My 'best' game of last night was 12-10. Worst game was 3-13, on *drumroll* Quarry.

I dislike a total of 3 maps.

Quarry for obvious reasons.
Derail because it's a sniper map that ends up being a close-quarters clusterf**k.
Terminal is ok, but the variation in battle areas is non-existent.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 6, 2010, 01:22 PM

I am incredibly rusty at this game, therefore I'm going to wait until I can play with Dakar and Boy8 to boost my confidence.
Alright, we must make an appointment.

Quarry for obvious reasons.
Oh come on, I love to hear all the ways Quarry sucks.\

Derail because it's a sniper map that ends up being a close-quarters clusterf**k.
It's all snipe to start, and once that first claymore gets tripped, camp with my shotty forever.

That or run to that middle building. YOu call Terminal unvariable? Its way more variable than Derail, mostly because only 20% of Derail's map is actually usable.

Terminal is ok, but the variation in battle areas is non-existent.
It can get a little stale, but when you have a good team that's willing to take on the different tasks for locking down an area, there isn't a better map in the game for a rout.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 6, 2010, 01:33 PM

Oh I agree with Terminal, and I've had some of my best games there, with an LMG of course.

I find more variation in Derail because I usually sneak ALLLL the way around the map, get behind the enemy team, and then get killed from somebody who spawned behind me. Then I'll camp on my side with a sniper, and get killed by somebody sneaking ALLLL the way around the map. Then I run headlong with a Pistol into the middle building, get three kills, and end up getting a grenade in my face. After that I usually just run around with a Raffica setting Claymores behind me.

On Terminal I either defend the Burger Town area, or the adjacent area (Bookstore?). Sometimes I like to get saucy and camp the building top near the escalators.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 6, 2010, 01:35 PM

Alright, we must make an appointment.
You name the time and day, I'll be there.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 6, 2010, 01:42 PM

I'm just too self-conscious to flank on derail (Except when I start on the shit side, where I'll run the entire length of the map). Without Ninja I feel like they'll hear me coming a mile away, Marathon be damned. Thankfully, it hasn't come up much this Prestige, so I guess I'll have plenty of time to work out a new strategy for playing w/marathon next one. (Which reminds me, on Quarry my shotty secondary is a complete liability).

I've noticed more people (when starting on the metal detector side) rush the bookstore as well as burger town, which is great because its the obvious way to flank us. Enemies still rush that bookstore a ton (from the escalator spawn) but through-out the game they are oddly hesitant about completing the flanking maneuver to Burger Town. Guess they eat better getting people who try to rush through to flank the escalators (though that open hallway is death)

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 6, 2010, 01:49 PM

You name the time and day, I'll be there.
Ugh. Well you're the one with the gf to worry about. I have a draft after work, but by the time thats over and I eat I'll need to get on to stay awake. 10ish? I'll probably be on even earlier than that though.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 6, 2010, 04:16 PM

YouTube - MW2 Throwing Knife Montage

I can't even believe this is real. The shots are amazing. He truly is a master. Also, you need to lead that thing like a mother****er. No wonder I'm worthless with it.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 6, 2010, 04:54 PM

YouTube - MW2 Throwing Knife Montage

I can't even believe this is real. The shots are amazing. He truly is a master. Also, you need to lead that thing like a mother****er. No wonder I'm worthless with it.
I once went looking for tips on using the sniper rifle. What I found was useless, because the guy was getting games like 40-2 by using the sniper rifle as an assault rifle. He'd do his shots within a second and go running off to shoot another person. I never saw anything like it.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 6, 2010, 04:56 PM

Ugh. Well you're the one with the gf to worry about. I have a draft after work, but by the time thats over and I eat I'll need to get on to stay awake. 10ish? I'll probably be on even earlier than that though.
I'll sign on around 10 tonight, but I can't stay up to late, 11:30 max, which means 12.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 6, 2010, 05:03 PM

If I don't take a nap before I sign on I'll desperately want to sign off then too.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 6, 2010, 05:10 PM

I've seen you online second-most, trailing far behind MechWolfOSX.
That's gonna change. I was on 2-3 weeks of vacation during Christmas. Now I have to go back to work.

Originally Posted by Jawbone54
NEW TOPIC:

I've only had the game since the day after Christmas, but I'm already anticipating a new map pack. What are your most-loved and most-hated maps?

Well, I used to hate Karachi, but now that I find the map less confusing and found a camper spot or two, I don't hate it too much.

Wasteland can be a bad one, I hate to run into the cave carnage in the center, so I usually flank the around the bush or creep around the outside. But I end up finding no-one because everyone's in the center cave, or I get hit by a sniper. Or I have a good game and get a few kills at the end of the bushes.

I used to hate Rust, until I started running around the center and watching the center and outside and killing people. I used to just run around the outside. I tried going to the top of the Rust map and shooting down, but it just wasn't my thing.

Most of the time it depends on how the other players are playing the map. If you're playing careful and some guy goes running around stabbing you at the speed of light it doesn't really feel that great, but payback's a bitch, and I've learnt those runners can't always kill you, if you've got enough space between you and them. Or you can always play their game and start running and stabbing too.
MacBook Pro

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2010, 06:22 PM

I'll sign on around 10 tonight, but I can't stay up to late, 11:30 max, which means 12.
Remind WTF time zone ya'll are in..? I wana say you're 5 hours ahead. I'm going out tonight, but that's probably early enough my time to get some games in. I'm looking forward to some prolonged sessions this weekend, starting friday.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 6, 2010, 06:38 PM

Est.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 6, 2010, 06:59 PM

I'm down for a late night session on Friday, hope we can catch you tonight Boy8.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 6, 2010, 07:04 PM

Just curious if you were playing reg TDM. Your XP rate seems to have snowballed some since your last prestige.
Strange, it doesn't seem like I'm leveling up that fast. Must be the odd games of Demolition, more and more S&D and actually completing the challenges for each AR. You kill 7 or 8 people in S&D, complete a challenge like 300 kills for the SCAR, and you end up with over 20,000XP. Silly really. One headshot is 1000XP.

One thing that I have noticed is my accuracy going up and up.

I absolutely love people who suck. Also,nothing better than joining a lobby seeing the guys with the most points on the other team, drilling them, and having them all leave after one match.
The noobs are a plenty atm. Looks like quite a few got the game for Xmas.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 7, 2010, 12:15 AM

It will probably take me a little longer to prestige the second time too.

I didn't check where Dakar is? Has he prestiged a third time yet?

I should check out the Special Ops missions too. I haven't got any of those achievements yet.
MacBook Pro

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 7, 2010, 11:44 AM

Quote/Reply-fest coming up...

Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
That's gonna change. I was on 2-3 weeks of vacation during Christmas. Now I have to go back to work.
Yeah, the post-holiday stretch sucks. You put in some serious time on MW2 during the break, if I'm not mistaken.

Well, I used to hate Karachi, but now that I find the map less confusing and found a camper spot or two, I don't hate it too much.

Wasteland can be a bad one, I hate to run into the cave carnage in the center, so I usually flank the around the bush or creep around the outside. But I end up finding no-one because everyone's in the center cave, or I get hit by a sniper. Or I have a good game and get a few kills at the end of the bushes.

I used to hate Rust, until I started running around the center and watching the center and outside and killing people. I used to just run around the outside. I tried going to the top of the Rust map and shooting down, but it just wasn't my thing.

Most of the time it depends on how the other players are playing the map. If you're playing careful and some guy goes running around stabbing you at the speed of light it doesn't really feel that great, but payback's a bitch, and I've learnt those runners can't always kill you, if you've got enough space between you and them. Or you can always play their game and start running and stabbing too.
I actually like Karachi and Rust. Wasteland is just a bad map, because there's really only one way it winds up being played: everyone fights for the middle bunker and guards the exits while one or two snipers either take refuge in the houses or fields and take out the respawns. Even Rust can be played in a variety of ways, and it's 1/10 the size.

Ridiculous. The one in the first section where he fires one off into the forehead at point-blank range in Terminal made me chuckle.

I find more variation in Derail because I usually sneak ALLLL the way around the map, get behind the enemy team, and then get killed from somebody who spawned behind me. Then I'll camp on my side with a sniper, and get killed by somebody sneaking ALLLL the way around the map. Then I run headlong with a Pistol into the middle building, get three kills, and end up getting a grenade in my face. After that I usually just run around with a Raffica setting Claymores behind me.

On Terminal I either defend the Burger Town area, or the adjacent area (Bookstore?). Sometimes I like to get saucy and camp the building top near the escalators.
I absolutely love Derail. I'm just fond of the snowy maps, I guess.

Well, what kind of gamers are they? The one dude's av looks old.

I was curious whether you were doing private matches, as I have penchant for jumping in other people's games.
My brother-in-law and his friend are around 40, and my brother is 33 (he's the one with the old-looking avatar, which he looks nothing like - Real life - He made his avatar look like Colonel Sanders). The other people that sometimes join in are around the 30-ish range.

I've spent time trying to teach them how to use the class system, but they haven't wrapped their minds around it yet, and since they only do private matches, they're not leveling up like they should. I have my killstreaks set up as Predator Missile -> Harrier Strike -> Chopper Gunner. As soon as they hear planes, they all start screaming into their mics. I know it should get old, but it doesn't.

SO what do you average per night then?
Usually about four.

Now that I've played it for a while, I don't *HATE* any map. Even Rust is tolerable. For HQ and Demolition, spawning far from the target, like on Wasteland, is a real pain but I don't hate the map.

I used to hate Quarry, but now that I know it, I really enjoy playing it. Good map for S&D. Underpass as well. I used to hate it but now that I really know my way around its pretty fun. Think that it depends what gametype you're playing really. You only doing TDM?
I know I'm only two weeks into it, but Underpass and Quarry have not grown on me at all. Actually, I probably despise them more each time I play.

I'm not only doing TDM, but it probably does take up about 70% of my playing time. S&D is actually my second-favorite mode. I only do free-for-all when I'm in the mood for something a bit more hectic.

Still love the game. The wife usually comes in, sits for a bit, laughs when I die, then inevitably asks, "Don't you ever play anything else?"
( Last edited by Jawbone54; Jan 7, 2010 at 11:50 AM. )

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 7, 2010, 11:47 AM

Strange, it doesn't seem like I'm leveling up that fast.
I said it looks that way. It's hard to gauge since Those early levels can be blasted through so fast and the last ones take so long.

Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
I didn't check where Dakar is? Has he prestiged a third time yet?
No. I'm around 65, so I'm thinking by Monday. Looking forward to the extra class slot to finally create a thermal class.

---

Interesting night last night. Thanks to a Bogues sighting and him recruiting apsolid we had a huge 5 man party. Not much to say for our performances last night (I'd say we were roughly even on wins and losses), but I very much enjoyed that first game on Terminal (that's what I was talking about yesterday on sek). We got put against a full 6 man clan, and as predicted, they cleared the **** out after one loss. I think we cleared out one other clan over the curse of the night. That one random dude was doing a good job carrying his teams, though.

Mostly poor night for me. I blame it on being pretty tired.

As a side-note, I'm curious what would happen if we had more than 6 players and tried to do TDM. I had 3-4 other friends who wanted me to join their party last night.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 7, 2010, 12:08 PM

As a side-note, I'm curious what would happen if we had more than 6 players and tried to do TDM. I had 3-4 other friends who wanted me to join their party last night.
We got two parties of the same clan into a match once. One person got dropped in one of the parties so it was 6 v 5. Not quite the worst lag that I've ever seen but close. Didn't think that you could join a standard 12 person gametype with more than 6 people in your party.

Was matchmaking bad for you guys last night/yesterday afternoon? Terrible for me when I went on and didn't get much better by 1am (Central Europe Time).

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 7, 2010, 12:09 PM

Wasteland is just a bad map, because there's really only one way it winds up being played
Trust me, the only thing worse than Wasteland being played the same way everytime is the one time it isn't.

Ridiculous. The one in the first section where he fires one off into the forehead at point-blank range in Terminal made me chuckle.
Nah, the jumpshot, by far. Not to mention the couple times he pegged guys who were zigzagging.

My brother-in-law and his friend are around 40, and my brother is 33 (he's the one with the old-looking avatar, which he looks nothing like - Real life - He made his avatar look like Colonel Sanders). The other people that sometimes join in are around the 30-ish range.

I've spent time trying to teach them how to use the class system, but they haven't wrapped their minds around it yet, and since they only do private matches, they're not leveling up like they should. I have my killstreaks set up as Predator Missile -> Harrier Strike -> Chopper Gunner. As soon as they hear planes, they all start screaming into their mics. I know it should get old, but it doesn't.
Well, you get seperate xp in privies, so they can still learn the system from playing them. Edit: Sorry, I'm thinking split-screen.

I know I'm only two weeks into it, but Underpass and Quarry have not grown on me at all. Actually, I probably despise them more each time I play.
Run a silence/cold-blooded/ninja class on Underpass and see if it unfolds a little better for you.

On Quarry, turn off the xbox, then punch yourself in the crotch.

Still love the game. The wife usually comes in, sits for a bit, laughs when I die, then inevitably asks, "Don't you ever play anything else?"
Apparently she hasn't seen the endless list of games you've been playing since xmas. If the games division reports record earnings I'm blaming you.
( Last edited by The Final Dakar; Jan 7, 2010 at 12:20 PM. )

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 7, 2010, 12:16 PM

I just realized it's almost 1887 time for me. *rubs hands together fiendishly*

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 7, 2010, 12:18 PM

Brainfart sorry.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 7, 2010, 12:20 PM

Trust me, the only thing worse than Wasteland being played the same way everytime is the one time it isn't.
Real-life LOL.

Nah, the jumpshot, by far. Not to mention the couple times he pegged guys who were zigzagging.
I've had such a lack of success with it that I'm in awe of all of that video. Maybe I should practice with it in my family privates.
Couldn't resist.

Well, you get seperate xp in privies, so they can still learn the system from playing them.
They'd get a lot better if they were playing publicly though. Trust me; they're not coming along very well.

Run a silence/cold-blooded/ninja class on Underpass and see if it unfolds a little better for you.
Thanks.

On Quarry, turn off the xbox, then punch yourself in the crotch.
I've been doing it all wrong. I've been listening to Dashboard Confessional and scraping off my chest hair with sandpaper.

Apparently she hasn't seen the endless list of games you've been playing since xmas. If the games division reports record earnings I'm blaming you.
I think she's just glad I'm not playing Fat Princess anymore.

And I'm already responsible for 30% of this generation's console sales. Might as well get into the software side of things.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 7, 2010, 12:53 PM

Well I managed to shake off some of the rust last night, but my first match ended up being my best.

It was Afghan, and I started the game with an AC130 killstreak. Ended 19-4, which isn't mind-bogglingly awesome, but it was a great way to start the night. I really like Afghan, it's a great mix of flanking with an auto weapon and sniping key areas. Instead of a static camp-fest the action usually flows around the whole map quite naturally. I find my sniper class w/silenced Raffica works perfect here. In fact, the previously mentioned match probably had me get 90% of my kills with the silenced raffica, with a few sniped here and there, including a headshot snipe for the game winning killcam.

Despite being a complete n00b, apsolid held up quite well last night. I wasn't that good at first in MW2 even with getting to a 53 in WaW previously.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 7, 2010, 01:31 PM

I've been pwnin' noobs since day one, yo

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 7, 2010, 01:46 PM

I've had such a lack of success with it that I'm in awe of all of that video. Maybe I should practice with it in my family privates.
Couldn't resist.
I may have to join in and that. (New Years I played someone who hadn't played it yet, and I spent two matches pinning them in corners with the riot shield. Too bad they would panic and semtex me)

I've been doing it all wrong. I've been listening to Dashboard Confessional and scraping off my chest hair with sandpaper.
lulz

I think she's just glad I'm not playing Fat Princess anymore.
What's wrong with that game?

Well I managed to shake off some of the rust last night, but my first match ended up being my best.

It was Afghan, and I started the game with an AC130 killstreak. Ended 19-4, which isn't mind-bogglingly awesome, but it was a great way to start the night. I really like Afghan, it's a great mix of flanking with an auto weapon and sniping key areas. Instead of a static camp-fest the action usually flows around the whole map quite naturally. I find my sniper class w/silenced Raffica works perfect here. In fact, the previously mentioned match probably had me get 90% of my kills with the silenced raffica, with a few sniped here and there, including a headshot snipe for the game winning killcam.
The killcam was a nice touch. I started off 0-4. Then I realized I had bittorrent running.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 7, 2010, 02:53 PM

What's wrong with that game?
The noise/voices.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 7, 2010, 03:44 PM

So, are you guy familiar with the Ramirez meme?

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jan 7, 2010, 03:47 PM

Sorry about dipping out, my ride showed up. More disappointment (for ya'll, at least [maybe]), I have a date on Friday now so there won't be much playing going on.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 7, 2010, 04:34 PM

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 7, 2010, 05:05 PM

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 7, 2010, 05:10 PM

I can't find my favorite one from last night but it was:

RAMIREZ!

OUT OF AMMO,
CATCH ENEMY BULLETS

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 7, 2010, 07:53 PM

I'm constantly in awe of some of the guys playing this game. My favorite from this video is #3...

Top 5 Kill Cams from the Week

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 7, 2010, 11:10 PM

I'm constantly in awe of some of the guys playing this game. My favorite from this video is #3...

Top 5 Kill Cams from the Week
I was impressed by the jump-kills, but the 5 kills in #1 place, WOW. The closest thing I've gotten to that is a triple kill on Derail, from one end of inside the central building to the other end. But I must have been lucky to have all 3 enemies in roughly the same location. I wish I had a copy of that kill!
MacBook Pro

Forum Links
Forum Rules