Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Label printers

Label printers
RayLuczak
Oct 18, 2004, 02:09 AM

Hello:

Because I'm a writer who often has to submit materials to various editors and publishers, I'm starting to feel the need for a label printer. I'm thinking of a small one that's USB- (or even FireWire) based that I can use to print only one label (or two) at a time instead of using my laser printer and wasting a big sheet of blank labels because I really needed to print only ONE label. I also don't have a lot of room on my desk so an inkjet printer is out of the question.

Is there a good, small, reliable, and OS X-compatible LABEL-only printer out there? I'd truly appreciate your recommendations.

Thank you so much.

Sincerely,
Raymond Luczak
BOOKS * FILMS * PLAYS
<a href="http://www.raymondluczak.com" target="_blank">http://www.raymondluczak.com</a>

GORDYmac
Mac Elite
Oct 18, 2004, 09:22 AM

I haven't heard any complaints about the DYMO Label Printers

V12
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 18, 2004, 03:05 PM

ditto on the DYMO check out buy.com i think theyre on sale or have a rebate allied to them, i was looking at them the other day.

Hans M Aus
Forum Regular
Jan 5, 2005, 10:17 AM

We have four Dymos at work all of which have heavy use. Buy the bigger, Turbo model.
Cheers, Hans M. Aus, Würzburg,

Forum Links
Forum Rules